Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy New Years everyone!!

Yes for Christmas 2017 we won't be cooking we rotate every year so we're really gonna relax and take it all in.

I also am going to take one weekend before Christmas to relax take it all in and enjoy the build up. The run in comes in way too quickly and it's over before we know it.

I agree the build up comes and goes so quickly, that's sounds ideal Loughc, I hope to add that to my list, our first year cooking was a success so we will be doing it again next year, I made pieces of myself trying to please people while sacrificing my own Christmas and those dearest too me who really needed me, I need to learn to say No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy New Year to you all, here's to Christmas 2017 :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy new year to you all! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy New Years my favourite people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy New Years my favourite people :)

Now if you had to choose your most favourite... :p

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2017 is even more amazing than you want it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Happy New Year boards Christmas buddies ! Wishing you a peaceful and healthy new year. :)

My tree will be staying up for a long time yet! In fact today I decided to redecorate my front door wreath and put new lights in it. !! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy New Year everyone! All the very best for 2017. Have a great year ahead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Happy 2017 to the best forum on Boards.

I thanked every post in the countdown to Christmas thread all year and it is such a lovely way to keep Christmas near throughout the annual run around the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy New Year to all you lovely cheery people! I'm hoping 2017 will be great to ye all and also to me and that something exciting happens! Apart from that I'll settle for all my friends and family having a happy, healthy year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Happy new year everyone, hope 2017 is good to you all xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Good morning all. Happy 2017. Let's hope it's a great one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy new year to all, hope you all had a great Christmas, just catching up now. Thanks to the mods and the regulars for making this place a bastion of fun.

5/10 Christmas for me. Serious first world/no real bad things just not that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Jude13 wrote: »
    Happy new year to all, hope you all had a great Christmas, just catching up now. Thanks to the mods and the regulars for making this place a bastion of fun.

5/10 Christmas for me. Serious first world/no real bad things just not that good.

Many happy returns Jude13. Don't worry, next Christmas will be better :).

^^Cheers, next year we will:
    1. Celebrate Christmas Abroad,
    2. Stay at a hotel the entire time,
    3. Rent a place and let people visit us if they want.
    4. Not get the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I don't remember if I posted here during the last week. Anyway I had a good christmas and new years sitting here waiting on the World Darts Final to start. Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2017.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm watching the darts final myself. It's a great watch over the Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Well a great start to the new year, three of us in the house down with head colds since yesterday :rolleyes: Back to work tomorrow too, so the post christmas blues are quickly sinking in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I'm watching the darts final myself. It's a great watch over the Christmas.

Indeed it is giving how poor the rest of the TV has been. Only for the darts and the soccer I don't know what I would have done. Anyway darts won't be on for much longer what a performance from the green machine MVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Happy New Year everyone !
    Hope you all have been enjoying the 12 days !

lycan238 wrote: »
    Anyway darts won't be on for much longer what a performance from the green machine MVG.

He really is a machine. Completely unstoppable. He had some form in 2016 all year long.

• Advertisement

otnomart wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone !
    Hope you all have been enjoying the 12 days !

Happy new year Otnomart. Enjoying them just a shame I'm back in work tomorrow before the 12 days are over.

Good toe see the forum elves had a good Christmas

Glad I didn't over do it at Christmas, had my first gym session last night and jogged home after. Then had the bright idea of going to the gym before work (as I am never sure when I get out in the evening and used to do it as young buck). Have the end of a flu so was kicked into the spare room for snoring at 2am (first time in my life) I nearly cried when the alarm went at 5am.

Sitting in work dead, and I probably have to spend the next 6 months KSA. Worst new years ever. (#firstworldproblems, in the grand scheme of things I have my health and job).

Ah lads on the way back to work after 13 days off. The fear is beyond comprehension. Anyone good any get rich quick schemes I really should know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I realised this year that I don't actually like Christmas Day. Like, at all.

I love the build-up and the feeling around town and all that, but the actual day itself, and even St. Stephens' Day leaves me cold. It hasn't felt the same since my Mum died and I stopped seeing my own family at Christmas. Now I'm with my partners family all the time, and don't get me wrong I like them but it's just not the same. This year I was the only one of my family who was at home for Christmas- all the others went away and so it all felt a bit... flat.

I'm not sure how to combat that next year to be honest.

Anyway, can't believe I'm back at work. Bleurgh.

Same as me, spent it with my partners family and it was plain weird. That's why I think we need to do our own family thing/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

First day back in work, so much to do and so little motivation!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Same as me, spent it with my partners family and it was plain weird. That's why I think we need to do our own family thing/

Unfortunately that's not an option for us, we either soend it with her family or I spend it alone.

I'd rather not be alone.

That was my option last year however I kept quiet. This year my OH stated she doesn't want to spend the next Christmas as her family's, wish I could get that in writing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

She couldn't be persuaded to go away somewhere lovely and snowy for Christmas, just the two of you? Or is that it, she won't budge at all?!
    Could you go away and visit someone in your family for the day- or is that a no-no too?

To be honest, I think how you feel is perfectly understandable, B and C. Christmas day will always be bittersweet after the loss of a loved one, especially your mum. :(

• Advertisement

Oh it's not my OH being a pain, not at all. It's just that she's one of the main Carers for multiple family members with disabilities etc. They wouldn't understand her not being around at Christmas, so that's the issue. They might understand us visiting my family, especially if there were little kids involved but my family are odd and are a bit splintered. The last few years I've done all the cooking so she doesn't have to worry about it and can just keep everyone happy in the sitting room but it does wear thin.

I feel like a total wagon about it but there you go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement