Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

You feel how you feel crumble. to the host!! You're making other peoples christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Don't think I posted over the Christmas, but hope everyone had a lovely time! We had a lovely Christmas followed by a family bereavement so the New Year has passed us by. I just started my Present/Budget list for 2017 and had to cross a name off, sad times :( And I'm back to work today too.

Is it Christmas yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I didn't get a chance to enjoy it this year unfortunately. For the week before, and week just gone, I was dying with the flu. I didn't go out once. I spent Christmas studying, and watching football/Darts.

Almost back to normal. I have exams starting this week. So hopefully do well there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just looked out the window to see two packages on my doorstep. One of S's stocking fillers and a felt wall hanging Christmas tree. Coincidentally enough S was watching a Christmas episode of some new Netflix cartoon series when I opened up the tree, so he enjoyed hanging it and decorating it while Luna Petunia helped Jolly Claus deliver the presents in Amazia. I managed to convince him the parcel of felt decorations for the tree was the second parcel and hide the Robodog toy. So I'll set up a special Twelftnight breakfast on Thursday morning and let him have Robodog. I just have to work out how to hide a toy that big in his cake. :D

Though I'm annoyed I missed the postman as I still haven't managed to give him his Christmas card.

bjh27n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Time for me to check out of this thread, folks.
    Back in work today so I'll have to reluctantly forget this brilliant section of Boards until... ummmm, maybe October. :D
    Have a great year everyone!
    I opened my 4yo's bag for creche this morning for the first time since she finished on the 22nd and found 2 Christmas cards addressed to her from her friends in it! There was also another card in her cubby hole in creche this morning. I guess it was another little bit of Christmas I got to enjoy this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Happy New Year to all the Christmas boardsies! Hope you're all enjoying the nearing of the end of the festive season for another year! :) I reluctantly started to put away the Christmas decorations today, but will try to keep the remaining ones up until the 6th! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

First day in work for me, too.
    Intend to make the most of January and its positive points (although in fairness it is not blessed with very many !).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well, January has (slightly) brighter evenings, you can find post-Christmas bargains, it also has... em... you can... yeah, that's all I could think of.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I survived my first day back to work! It was so busy that I didn't get much time to wallow.

Well done to everyone who made it through their first day back to work. That's the hardest day over with!

Best of luck with the exams Hollister11. Hopefully Christmas 2017 will be a better one for you and for everyone that didn't have the merriest of Christmasses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

At least Christmas 2017 is officially this Christmas. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I forgot to wish you all a Happy new year!!! I enjoyed my 3 days off but no rest for the wicked ;) and I'm jealous of you who went back to work today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Autosport wrote: »
    I forgot to wish you all a Happy new year!!! I enjoyed my 3 days off but no rest for the wicked ;) and I'm jealous of you who went back to work today :P

It made it all the harder!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just back from a walk as a way to ease myself back into the working life we went for a stroll around our neighbors hoods and took in all of the lovely light displays our neighbors had before they start taking them down.

It was a lovely way to get as much Christmas magic in as we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Back in work tomorrow. Looking forward to it though. Going to get myself a lovely hot chocolate and ease myself back in.

Sorry to hear that Christmas wasn't great for some of you. Hope thing will start to look up for everyone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Loughc wrote: »
    He really is a machine. Completely unstoppable. He had some form in 2016 all year long.

Indeed he has. Now the question is can he keep up that momentum this year. If he can he will be very very hard to stop. Barney and Taylor were Sky's picks for premier league how obvious was that. Intruder alert ahem stranger danger on stage last night could have done serious damage to MVG if they wanted to. You should not be able to get that close to the players etc given current international climate.

I wish I had a job to go to.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Decorations down and house clean. Mrs B is going in for a tonsillectomy on Friday, today was our only free day. Plus, at least the gaff is clean now for when she is in recovery mode.

It's great seeing Donegal man back in the countdown thread. I hope you had a good Christmas :)

Lads, I couldn't remember what time I usually get up and now I can't remember what time I usually leave the house.

Lads, I couldn't remember what time I usually get up and now I can't remember what time I usually leave the house.

I was the same Monday night trying to remember. Thankfully journey planner helped me remember. It also took me three attempts to remember my password to my work computer!!

I wasn't even gone two full weeks haha. Goes to show the extreme relaxation Christmas gives us!

The passwords thing is hilarious. :D I'd say there were a few like that this week. Nearly the weekend though so we can forget them all again!

• Advertisement

So I'm back in my pyjamas. Found out on the way into work that there was an issue so I'm working from home.

So I'm back in my pyjamas. Found out on the way into work that there was an issue so I'm working from home.

Nope not jealous. Not one bit. Nope. Nada. No way. **runs off crying**

Nope not jealous. Not one bit. Nope. Nada. No way. **runs off crying**

If it helps at all, your post about the password reminded me of something that led to me being able to go home. :pac:

If it helps at all, your post about the password reminded me of something that led to me being able to go home. :pac:

Glad to be of assistance haha :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Back to work yesterday which wasn't too bnad - very busy, lots to catch up on. Getting up this morning though...holy moly, that was tough :(

Time to start pricing trips and adventures for the rest of the year :D

miamee wrote: »
    Back to work yesterday which wasn't too bnad - very busy, lots to catch up on. Getting up this morning though...holy moly, that was tough :(

Same for me yesterday I was so busy yesterday I didn't notice the day fly by. But oh my god waking up this morning, it was like getting hit with a ton of bricks. I was so tired.

I cannot wait for the weekend already!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Same for me yesterday I was so busy yesterday I didn't notice the day fly by. But oh my god waking up this morning, it was like getting hit with a ton of bricks. I was so tired.

I cannot wait for the weekend already!! :(

I could have typed this post word for word.

Is it Friday evening yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seen this online, thought it might be useful to some of you:

For all you candle lovers ��������

When you have to bin your Yankee Candle because there's less than an inch left put the jar in a pan of boiling water then pour the melted wax into bun cases, once they have re set you've got some melts for your burner! Making the most of every last bit of your candle

15823548_1830947290527846_1994206557538432002_n.jpg?oh=06e707ee7fbb63df61b73ab7b5104990&oe=58E19DE7

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

^^^ I have so many ends of candles saved to do this with. I reckon a quiet January Sunday of melting will do it...and the house will smell amazing while doing it too!

• Advertisement

Kitten_k that is an amazing idea for the Yankee candles. I love it. Definitely doing that when our Christmas Eve candle comes to an end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement