Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

There wasn't much of a thaw here today either, we had a few light showers of snow, nothing major and they didn't stick either but I'd say it'll freeze again tonight and if we have more snow I can't it going anywhere in a hurry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

We had no snow here but a truly awful vomiting bug for S instead. On the plus side he finally decided on what he wants from Santa this year, so I should just about have time to find it in the next 11 months and 10 days. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    We had no snow here but a truly awful vomiting bug for S instead. On the plus side he finally decided on what he wants from Santa this year, so I should just about have time to find it in the next 11 months and 10 days. ;)

And hopefully he won't change his mind between now and then haha.

Loughc wrote: »
    And hopefully he won't change his mind between now and then haha.

Well last year he picked his Santa gift on January 4th and held fast all year. He's insanely single minded.:D

I'm having a weird feeling at the moment where I'm really missing everyone caring about Christmas. I was really enjoying having everyone else be in the Christmas mindset. I liked how everywhere on boards, Facebook, other sites I read, Christmas was the main topic of conversation. Now nobody cares too much about Christmas anymore and the whole internet is boring. (Except for here obviously. ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Several of my FB friends (myself included) are posting Christmas countdowns again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Not long to go....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amor3 wrote: »
    Not long to go....

Sure that's nothing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Dealz have Christmas decoration reduced to 10c each if anyone wants a head-start on December :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

M&S were selling Christmas stock :D I might have purchased a few things ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

What did you get ?:).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What did you get ?:).

Gift tags, wrapping paper, ribbons, some snowman led lights and a Santa teddy bear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Robineen

Did anyone else think it was a great Christmas for cards? I've felt for a long while that cards have been becoming very samey and kinda boring, but this year my parents got so many beautiful ones! (I don't get many myself yet) And there was such a variety too. Cute cartoonish ones, cool graphic ones, glittery ones (I unashamedly LOVE glittery cards, I'm a 32 year old child :D), scenic ones and more, all much more interesting than in recent times. My mother's card display looked the best it has in years. Anyone else? :)

Just finished a 13 hour shift in work. I wish it was Christmas again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just finished a 13 hour shift in work. I wish it was Christmas again :(

Aw man, that sucks. It's so late to be working.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The weeks since Christmas seem never ending. I feel like it must be Thursday already.

Only one full week left in January though, then it's the spring!! :)

Posy wrote: »
    The weeks since Christmas seem never ending. I feel like it must be Thursday already.

Only one full week left in January though, then it's the spring!! :)

I thought tomorrow was Thursday :(

Damn sneaky Wednesday!!

Damn sneaky Wednesday!!

If it helps (and I know it will :pac:) I'm working from home for the next week or so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Over Christmas I had a sword dangling over my head.

I travel quite a bit in the region, 4 days here 4 days there maybe every three months. In my old job and country it was much more, my OH was left in a foreign country, no pals, weeks on end and rightly said enough was enough. So I moved country with her and to a small firm where travel was minimal.

Then the small form got bought by a massive firm. Due to the size and varied services of the new firm our domestic business is gone,either through increased fees or conflicts of interest (none of this was thought of when selling as the owners just seen $$$).

Soooo over Christmas I heard a rumour that due to being conflicted domestically we had chased and won a massive project in Saudi. 6-12 months full time (home every weekend but late at night on the last day and very very early on the first day, so day and a half weekend). There was no way that I or my OH are okay with that. So I said no way, the head guy said cool no worries as I had said that I wouldn't travel when I joined the small firm. Then completely went back on that agreement yesterday.

No I either go to Saudi and my OH moves back home or I get a new job with less money and the unknown. Gripe over

• Advertisement

Hey Jude (I wasn't going for the Beatles reference) I had a similar problem but within Ireland, the firm I was it wanted me to relocate to Cork for 6 months, which I had no interest in moving for 6 weeks let alone 6months, I joined them with the agreement that I wasn't going to take any roles outside Dublin.

They completely went back on their agreement and I left and got a new job and it was the best thing I ever did. I hope things work out ok for you :)

If it helps (and I know it will :pac:) I'm working from home for the next week or so.

This doesn't bother me as there has been freaky stuff happening in my house lately I'm glad to be away from it haha.

This doesn't bother me as there has been freaky stuff happening in my house lately I'm glad to be away from it haha.

Ah jaysus, what kind of stuff?

Jude, that's a sucky situation. Hope it gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Damn sneaky Wednesday!!

I woke up this morning thinking great it is Thursday today so not long until the weekend! :(

We will be taking our Christmas trees down on Saturday! Starting to get sick of them!lol We finally got our wedding DVD- 2 years later! So we watched it on our own at the weekend with some processo! Will have my family over on Friday to watch it and then his family on Sunday evening.

Ah jaysus, what kind of stuff?

Jude, that's a sucky situation. Hope it gets sorted.

Stuff being moved, three lightbulbs have blown in the last week, bathroom one blew twice in the last week. Cabinet doors have been slamming by themselves. Strange noises coming from other rooms.

All only started a couple of weeks ago but getting seriously frequent and more outlandish. Essentially I'm at the point in the horror movie where the audience should be thinking its time to move while one of the main characters is justifing it with electrical faults.

Which is what I'm blaming the bulbs and strange noises on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Time to get the priest round for tea and tell him to bring his holy water, LoughC :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Hey Jude (I wasn't going for the Beatles reference) I had a similar problem but within Ireland, the firm I was it wanted me to relocate to Cork for 6 months, which I had no interest in moving for 6 weeks let alone 6months, I joined them with the agreement that I wasn't going to take any roles outside Dublin.

They completely went back on their agreement and I left and got a new job and it was the best thing I ever did. I hope things work out ok for you :)

Cheers loughc, I need to move fast and getting a job and signed up before I quit is a hard task. I also have three months notice with some strict clauses like no leave during your notice, I have two weeks off booked for my wedding in April so that would be in my notice period and Im not willing to work abroad for my notice period...ahhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Ugh it's not just me having work problems. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place myself. Need to go away for work but need to be close to home at the same time. Any chance we could time travel back to December 1st ?

Any chance we could time travel back to December 1st ?

Yes please!!

• Advertisement

Stuff being moved, three lightbulbs have blown in the last week, bathroom one blew twice in the last week. Cabinet doors have been slamming by themselves. Strange noises coming from other rooms.

All only started a couple of weeks ago but getting seriously frequent and more outlandish. Essentially I'm at the point in the horror movie where the audience should be thinking its time to move while one of the main characters is justifing it with electrical faults.

Which is what I'm blaming the bulbs and strange noises on.
    It's definitely a ghost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement