Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's definitely a ghost.

:D:D:D

Haha most likely not.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Well if it is a ghost then it can be only one of three kinds who would visit a mod from this forum. A ghost of Christmas past, Christmas present or Christmas Future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Haunted for taking down your Christmas decorations.

We moved house when we I was 11, the previous owner was the church organist and had allot of religious paraphernalia around the house. Anyway it was a 4 bed, the smallest bedroom was unused. When we moved in the dog was having a mental time with all the boxes and exploring. She came to the smallest bedroom and wouldn't cross the threshold, she had her hair up and barking into the room. Used to scare the crap out of me. My folks still have the same house and she never went into the room not matter what we did to try and get her in there.

Moral of the story, get a dog, they're awesome.

I just started my Christmas present reminder list. Each year I open an email, write out everything I've bought for whom and for what (S's Easter and birthday presents go on it too) and save it to drafts. Then I can update it each time I buy more stuff. Because I did find the toy S has stated he wants from Santa at a super knock down price and I did buy it. So glad I have such an oddly determined child, it saves me a fortune. :D

He's definitely infected by the same Christmas bug that I have. I was watching Bridget Jones' Baby last night when he was asleep and the sounds never bothered him.............. Until the Christmas scene, 3 bars of Sleigh Ride and he sat upright in the bed and was dancing in his sleep when I lay him back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Oh iguana you just reminded me!

Can someone tell me the name of the app for Christmas presents. I'm sure there is such a thing :-/!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amor3 wrote: »
    Oh iguana you just reminded me!

Can someone tell me the name of the app for Christmas presents. I'm sure there is such a thing :-/!

The app I use is Manage Christmas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's definitely a ghost.
    It's quite clearly not a ghost.

I'd say it's a poltergeist. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    It's quite clearly not a ghost.

I'd say it's a poltergeist. :pac:

Great now I can't sleep tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

In bed, finished work, a bag of snow bites by my side. Yass.

mud wrote: »
    In bed, finished work, a bag of snow bites by my side. Yass.

I still have a bag of snow bites in the press. Can't wait to tuck into them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Loughc wrote: »
    I still have a bag of snow bites in the press. Can't wait to tuck into them.

My local shop is selling them off at €1 a bag. Dangerous!

No one else seems to be buying them so I'm hoping they'll knock down the price again.

They are delish and so Christmassy.

I ordered my super dooper Christmas dress on Wednesday night and got the message that it shipped this morning. I took another look at it online and saw the price has just doubled!!!!

I'm so glad I bought on Wednesday, now I can spend all of December looking like I'm going to the prom with Santa. :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BunniesFairy-New-Womens-Snowman-Cartoon-Print-High-Waist-Red-Vest-Dress-Christmas-New-Year-Wedding-Party/32546531573.html

That dress is amazing!! So Christmassy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Oh iguana, that is beautiful- so Christmassy!!!! Will be keeping an eye on that link now to see if the price goes down again! Do let us know when you get it!!:D

Last night with our tree and decorations :( would love to see pics with twinkling lights if possible for ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tesco had a pancake ingredients display out today. Something else for us to look forward to! And then of course we have Waffle Day after that.

Yay!!! I love Pancake Tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Did a 10k 'race' at the weekend and the OH had made banana pancakes for my return, with nutella, drooool.

Deleted the Christmas movies from the Ipad to make space, it was tough to do.

Can't wait for Pancake Tuesday already! Yum. :D

And Waffle Day (March 25th) falls on a Saturday this year- so no excuse not to go out celebrating their delicious waffley goodness!

Has anyone ever heard of Rudolph Day. It falls on the 25th of each month and the idea is to do something celebratory or Christmas prep-py on that day each month.

• Advertisement

Waffle Rudolf day March 25th it is so. I really hope LIDL/ALDI get waffle makers back in before then!!

iguana wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard of Rudolph Day. It falls on the 25th of each month and the idea is to do something celebratory or Christmas prep-py on that day each month.
    I'd never heard of it until B00! mentioned it in the We Need a little Christmas thread.
    I think it's a great idea. :)

Driving to work here any everything is covered in frost!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

Loughc wrote: »
    Waffle Rudolf day March 25th it is so. I really hope LIDL/ALDI get waffle makers back in before then!!

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=50966

S's possible main christmas present arrived recently and I took it out last night when he was asleep to check it was all ok before attic-ing it. I was testing it out feeling all gleeful about how much he'll love it when it struck me that it would 11 months and 2 days!!!!!!!! before Santa would be bringing it. I felt like such a meanie having a much wanted toy stashed away for so long and not letting him have it. But it's too big a toy to be given for anything other than Christmas (or possibly a birthday and I've had his 5th birthday presents in the attic since long before he turned 4). So it's all wrapped up in the attic on a long wait for Christmas morning.

DeniG2 wrote: »

Back on the 30th of January!!! Thank you so much for this. Day made!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

iguana wrote: »
    S's possible main christmas present arrived recently and I took it out last night when he was asleep to check it was all ok before attic-ing it. I was testing it out feeling all gleeful about how much he'll love it when it struck me that it would 11 months and 2 days!!!!!!!! before Santa would be bringing it. I felt like such a meanie having a much wanted toy stashed away for so long and not letting him have it. But it's too big a toy to be given for anything other than Christmas (or possibly a birthday and I've had his 5th birthday presents in the attic since long before he turned 4). So it's all wrapped up in the attic on a long wait for Christmas morning.

You could spoil him this once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

We're taking down our tree this weekend :(

We're taking down our tree this weekend :(

We'll be planning on putting them back up before you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Singing Christmas toilets. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement