Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good morning elves.

It's February!! Finally January is done and dusted. February is here, a shorter month, evenings are getting brighter, 6 nations and the super bowl is this weekend and by the end of the month we will be in the 200's with our countdown to Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

A month off the sauce, 6 nations time and a motnh closer to the end of my singledom. Plus last day in KSA!! (till Sunday, boooo)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Morning! January flew. I'm absolutely exhausted at the moment so I'm looking forward to doing very little at the weekend. Might throw on Arthur Christmas!

Have to google arthur Christmas. taking it handy this weekend, the dog and OH will be awaiting my return, probably with a list of chores.

Now to do a dry Feb or not.... I had my last Christmas drink on 23rd Dec then a drink on NYE.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Have to google arthur Christmas. taking it handy this weekend, the dog and OH will be awaiting my return, probably with a list of chores.

Now to do a dry Feb or not.... I had my last Christmas drink on 23rd Dec then a drink on NYE.

I had my last drink Dec 27th. I inadvertently had dry January. Can't say I missed it haha.

• Advertisement

I missed it a little, did a brucnh last weekend and everyone was drinking. I had three cokes so that kind of defeated the purpose of the whole thing. down 5.2kg from 1st of Jan (proportionally thats not allot)

Jude13 wrote: »
    I missed it a little, did a brucnh last weekend and everyone was drinking. I had three cokes so that kind of defeated the purpose of the whole thing. down 5.2kg from 1st of Jan (proportionally thats not allot)

Hey it could be worse I'm only down 3kg since 1st Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thank god January is over!!

I have so much on between now and the end of June that it should fly in and then we are halfway there!

Loughc wrote: »

I'd say I've put on about 14 stone. February will be healthier!

Loughc wrote: »

Stupid giant sized white tolberone was my un doing this weekend. Back traveling and its hard not to order the bad things on the room service menu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooooooooh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

By coincidence my dress arrived today and it's fabulous. It looks like something that could have cost five times the price. Word of warning though, if anyone is ordering go up a size or two. I'm a 10-12 and the Large is perfect on me.

Very tempted to order this for my work Christmas party!! Festivity overload! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yesterday as I was tidying up my bedroom I found a bag of Christmas decorations that I had bought but never used. A few snow men ornaments, Christmas pj's, a light up Santa :D I feel bad now but I'd like to put the Santa up and see him shine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

We took down our tree today :(

Aaaaaw. :(

But at least it's spring now, and Pancake Tuesday in a few weeks, and Patrick's Day Bank Holiday weekend next month to collectively cheer us up as a nation!!
    Then there's Waffle Day and of course, Easter to look forward to- kind of a mini Christmas really, in terms of time off, gorging on chocolate and Jesus being heavily involved.

Lot's of things to look forward to; as well as your road to recovery, of course.

Just think how great you'll be feeling when you get to see your tree again later in the year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Autosport wrote: »
    Yesterday as I was tidying up my bedroom I found a bag of Christmas decorations that I had bought but never used. A few snow men ornaments, Christmas pj's, a light up Santa :D I feel bad now but I'd like to put the Santa up and see him shine :D

Put him up. Please :)

Went outside earlier tonight and saw a few flakes of snow falling. The excitement. :D

The cold snap at the moment makes it feel so festive outside. I'm missing Christmas this week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Walked home earlier in a light snowfall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Wow, what part of the country are you in? Not a spec here. The gritters are hard at it though so they are expecting a cold night .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Wow, what part of the country are you in?.
    Not in Ireland :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Loads of snow in Scotland tonight. Nice to look out on (less nice to walk in). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Today I came home for the weekend. My Dad is back home for the first time in eight weeks. He come home yesterday. He had a lung transplant and my Mam kept the Christmas decorations and the tree up for him. It's Christmas again in our house. Only 10 months to go now and it's mid-December. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Glitzgirl still hasn't been on since November.

I hope everything is OK.

Glitzgirl still hasn't been on since November.

I hope everything is OK.

I'm sure it is. I think she's just busy with life :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

So...I just signed up for the two day training course with Christmas fm...which means I will be eligible to apply to volunteer for them next Christmas! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. :D

• Advertisement

So...I just signed up for the two day training course with Christmas fm...which means I will be eligible to apply to volunteer for them next Christmas! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ah wow fantastic stuff!! Let us know how it goes. In fact I insist you set up a thread sharing your experience and thoughts on the course once you're done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement