Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

We have a new baby in our house (6 weeks old) so it will be nice to have Santa back again. Our other baby is 15 now :eek:
    Mind you, since I met my husband, Santa has reappeared and gives everyone a stocking on Christmas morning :P

And chickenbutt, that little baby is the reason I haven't found those timings yet. I will I promise!! I'll send you the 2 stuffing recipes too (potato/sausage), or I can post them here if anyone wants them.

Oh banbhaaifric, we have a 16mth old and 16yr old!!! It's fun and games alright, amazing how much you forget! :D

Having santa back is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

For those of you worried about cooking the turkey, you cannot go wrong with this recipe. The turkey is perfectly moist every time! And it only takes two hours, seriously!
    I think there's a video of it on the ITV website, but you will need a VPN or Hola unblocked to access it.
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/food/365757/Phil-Vickery-s-perfect-Christmas-turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Oh you guys are gonna LOVE this!

On my way home I stopped into the local shop to get some bread and rashers for supper. My friend works there so was chatting away to her when I was paying.

Seeing a Hampers and Roses scratch card in the plastic yokie we started talking about last Christmas and what a great one it was and how we were really looking forward to this one already.

I said, feck it, gimme one of those scratchies so she did and I scratched it while she was sorting out my change.

Wait for it.

Waaaaaait forrr iiiiit :)

One HUNDRED euro!

I am so thrilled! Yaaaaaay. I am full of even more Christmas spirit than before!

(we're going for a pint when she gets off work later :p )

I'm a bit of a messer sometimes but she said she knew by my face that I wasn't joking. I just looked a bit stunned and said "I've fukkin' won a hundred euro"

What a great experience! And it's leading to Wednesday pints! How bad?

We even did a high-five it was THAT much of a Hallmark moment :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Got some half price yankee candle christmas tree tea lights in arnotts today. couldn't wait to get them home , the house smells soooo christmassey :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

It just hit me today that......

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Roll on the 31st so we can get this Halloween cr*p outta the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Roll on the 31st so we can get this Halloween cr*p outta the way!

Ditto!!!!!!!!

I "need" a fab, fat, plush, gorgeous new tree. Would H*mestore & More be my best bet? Thanks in advance my little elf helpers...

We will all be a few hours up at this stage in two months time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not me! Even on Christmas morning you'd be lucky to see me before midday! :o

2 months!! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

EEEEEK this day 5 weeks I will be putting up the tree and then settling down to watch the toyshow with a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Damn it, wrote a bi long post. deleted it. :-(

Got another yankee candle large vase & plate today (still on offer). and 2 pop up Christmas Trees at ARgos. one white, one green. €38.
    Spotted a fab nativity set, white porcaline...but €70!!!!! Didn't buy, but desperately want to.
    Argos has Christmas music playing. :-)

Damn it, wrote a bi long post. deleted it. :-(

Got another yankee candle large vase & plate today (still on offer). and 2 pop up Christmas Trees at ARgos. one white, one green. €38.
    Spotted a fab nativity set, white porcaline...but €70!!!!! Didn't buy, but desperately want to.
    Argos has Christmas music playing. :-)

Its Friday, go back and get it. Lifes too short...treat yourself if you love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Its Friday, go back and get it. Lifes too short...treat yourself if you love it.

Tis 70 quid though, plus I kinda have a habit of treating myself...all the time :o
    Where as himself would consider a Magnum ice cream as a treat, ya see?

Humming away to the Christmas tunes in Argos this morning was lovely tho. So far it's the first shop I've been to with the tunes going. So excited!

Tis 70 quid though, plus I kinda have a habit of treating myself...all the time :o
    Where as himself would consider a Magnum ice cream as a treat, ya see?

Humming away to the Christmas tunes in Argos this morning was lovely tho. So far it's the first shop I've been to with the tunes going. So excited!

A couple of years I spotted a glass nativity set on special for 100 bills. When I decided to go get it they were all gone..valuable lesson here...
    Ho ho ho

Look at it as an investment so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Absoluely get it - it's an heirloom you can pass on in years to come. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Looking at loads of Christmas stuff around town. I need to win the lotto :D

Did get 2 of the small Yankee candles, new scents: marshies and cookies :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Carraig Donn and Tiger both have gorgeous Christmas stuff:) \o/ Heatons was also putting out their christmas stock there are so many nice things:)

• Advertisement

I have to start looking out for a manger for my nativity figures! Panic stations!

The cables are all up and ready on the half dug up mess that is Grafton Street. I wonder will the lights be up when I'm back in work on Monday?! Fingers being crossed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The clocks have gone back and the evenings are getting darker and I'm getting that Christmas feeling!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Making the hot chocolate now!! Cannot believe how dark it was by 6 tonight. Less than two months everyone!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've all the candles lit, and we're watching Die Hard! Definitely having a hot chocolate later.

Listening to Christmas music and making my Christmas cake at the moment. I'm feeling so festive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I've been having a sneaky listen to Christmas songs while walking to work for a couple of weeks now - always puts me in great form!

We'll be at a wedding in Carlingford next Friday and my boyfriend has suggested heading up to Newry on Saturday to see if we can pick up a few bits for Christmas - I didn't have to be asked twice!

Let's sing a song to get in the form so....
    I'll start..
    A ray of hope flickers in the sky....

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

A tiny staaaar, lights up way up hiiigh....
    :D

All across the land, dawns a brand new morn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

This comes to pass, When a child is born......

Oh great, a new page in the thread. Now I just look batty :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement