Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

So...I just signed up for the two day training course with Christmas fm...which means I will be eligible to apply to volunteer for them next Christmas! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mooo hah ha haaa, we now have someone on the inside. No more Christmas shoe's.

Now all we need is an elf in the Toy Show audience selection department.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm watching Redrock and they have Christmas decorations up!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Finally put all of boxes containing Christmas décor in attic last night! Only 9 months until they come out again! :P I got my wedding cloak turned into a tree skirt before Christmas so I'm looking to get it embroidered soon as I couldn't get it done before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hello elves! Hope everyone is doing well. I was doing some bits related to Pancake Tuesday in work yesterday. Only a couple of weeks to go now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love Pancake Tuesday. :D

I've always thought it would be a great bank holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I made pancakes yesterday, for Valentines......went down a treat.
    My fav is lemon and sugar. OH.s is banana and cream, or jam and cream. DD is nutella and cream.
    Dont know why we dont make them more often.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wife is visiting a relative of hers today that she doesn't see very often and she pulled out two Christmas presents all wrapped up last night for this womans daughters, it gave my little Elf heart a jump to see a small bit of Christmas cheer in the house again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Scrooged has just started on Film 4! ðŸ˜႒

10 months to Christmas day! :D

Posy wrote: »
    10 months to Christmas day! :D

Yay! I bought some Christmas napkins today to bring my order over the free delivery/discount threshold.

• Advertisement

Removed a load of Christmas movies from my netflix list, it was tough to do. Still cant believe I didnt watch Christmas Vacation last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Jude13 wrote: »
    Removed a load of Christmas movies from my netflix list, it was tough to do. Still cant believe I didnt watch Christmas Vacation last year.

Neither did I ... I bought the DVD though in Lidl/Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Mobdro has a Xmas movies 24/7 chanel. :)

lycan238 wrote: »
    Neither did I ... I bought the DVD though in Lidl/Aldi

I have it saved on netflix and have it on my phone and tablet. I was waiting for the right moment to have two hours to chill before I flew home, never actually happened.

Been raining all week here, very wintery. Might be time this weekend to watch it.

Happy Pancake Tuesday Eve everyone!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Pancake Tuesday ya'll.

What's everyone's topping of choice? I'm going for half of my batch will be lemon and sugar and the other half Nutella.

A mix of traditional and new.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Hard to beat traditional topping lemon and sugar! They're doing pancakes and raffle at work as part of fundraising for Pieta House so I'm hoping they have Nutella! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cant beat tradition, Lemon & Sugar though the kids love whipped cream & strawberries or blueberries so will have 1 of them, just to keep them happy of course ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Have 2 batches made. Savoury crepes that are going to be served with smoked salmon and cream cheese and then a second selection of chicken satay.

Then a batch of American style pancakes that are stacked with strawberries and blueberries, going to reheat and serve with maple syrup and ice cream as a cake for my hubby

I've never had lemon and sugar on mine.

I've made chocolate fudge sauce. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Pfft pancakes. Myself and my gran have just had mince pies with custard for dessert :D

I had no pancakes today but probably will do them for lunch tomorrow. Its hard to get a decent lunch without meat these days that is quick and easy to do.

I'm just on the way home now for my pancakes. :D

I like jam on mine. Or lemon and sugar.
    I will be finished earlier tomorrow so definitely plan to have a few then too!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We are in the 200's in the countdown to Christmas :D

And two months down already!

Loughc wrote: »

Wow, it's flying already! We're into a lovely part of the year where hopefully we'll get more gloriously bright, sunny mornings like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I had my pancakes today :D I'll have more later or tomorrow I think too :D

Been in hospital for a week, only got home today, so they were a very welcome change from hospital food :D

lycan238 wrote: »
    I had no pancakes today but probably will do them for lunch tomorrow. Its hard to get a decent lunch without meat these days that is quick and easy to do.

No pancakes today. Both me and mam have sore backs and we had to help my dad to cut up a tree that fell the other night. Gonna be a long night I think.

Loughc wrote: »

And we haven't missed a day.

Go team!! :cool:

Went for a run this am before work. It was so dark. I fitted the dog with a flashing green light so I can keep an eye on her and if I bump into anyone they will see her. She has a red reflective collar so with the cold, fog and green and red illuminations it was very festive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Lads I'm moving back to Ireland today. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement