Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Many happy returns - have a great day :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy St Patrick's Day!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone, hope you're all having a fantastic day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's a lovely day to sit on the couch.

I was watching Gastro Gays on Snapchat earlier and they went to a Christmas house in Iceland. It looked amazing! I think they said it's called The Christmas Garden if anyone wants to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy St Patrick's Day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Hope everyone had a great St Patrick's Day. Was laid up most of last week with a vicious chest infection and only coming back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Having Aldi DeLux Christmas Pudding for dinner......can ye smell it..........

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hope everyone had a great St Patrick's Day. Was laid up most of last week with a vicious chest infection and only coming back to normal now.

Glad you're feeling better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Yum, we actually have Christmas pudding left, must have some later with custard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Had a birthday dinner party yesterday and with no tableware that wasn't festive what was a girl to do!?! So it was red and festive and I even wore my elf apron :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Spent whole weekend celebrating brother in law's wedding and hubby asked me what is next last night- I said Christmas!! �� Only 40 weeks left now!

Mmmmm Pudding! We have one in storage for Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It's snowing where I live and the mountains look like a Christmas card scene. It's beautiful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's snowing where I live and the mountains look like a Christmas card scene. It's beautiful.

It's freezing out. It feels very Christmassy out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its cool here (Dubai) today, dark and lashing rain so it does feel Christmassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There was snow on the cars when I left for work. Nice to be back in my heavier coat! How amazing would it be if Jude got snow for the wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Wet snow falling in cork city at the moment. Went out for a hobble on my crutches but wasn't long heading back into the warmth 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

This day 3 months ago was Christmas Eve. Only 9 more months to go now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

DenMan wrote: »
    This day 3 months ago was Christmas Eve. Only 9 more months to go now! :D

Yeah, a quarter of the way there already.....don't forget to put the clocks forward tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So, the clocks have just gone forward part of me loves tough when the clocks go back in October!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Well I'm delighted that the clocks have gone forward. Now my stubborn old dog is barking to be let out for a wee at 7.20 every morning instead of 6.20, so that's a small mercy.

I just realised last night that it's only 3 weeks to Easter. I'll be decorating the house this day next week, thankfully I had visitors at the weekend so the house has had it's spring clean. Then the Easter Countdown officially starts on Tuesday. I'm just making up a list of Easter cartoons and movies that we can watch each day of the countdown. It's very, very slim pickings and Hop is definitely off the table for Easter eve as there is no way my husband would be able to grin and bear Russell Brand as the Easter Bunny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brighter evenings, one more full work week, then EASTER which means 2 four-day-weeks at work and chocolate, then another week until the May bank holiday!
    After that, I can start shopping for my summer holidays. :D

I feel like a winter-traitor!! :pac:

I'm loving the bright evenings and the anticipation of summer coming too. Come September I'll be itching for the dark evenings again.

Speaking of Easter I love this tree,

2r6p187.jpg

iguana wrote: »
    ....................................... there is no way my husband would be able to grin and bear Russell Brand as the Easter Bunny.

A man of evident good taste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

It passed us by a couple of days ago, but it's over a 100 days since last Christmas! Where does the time go? Anyway Happy Easter everyone! :)

Roll on next weekend so I can stuff myself full with chocolate :D

Time is flying by, mad to think we're in April already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I know! The months have flown in.

I have so much on over the next 4 weeks that I say they will go so quick, bringing us closer to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

First day back in work after two weeks off. Got hitched back in Ireland, went for a run around town the morning of the wedding to kill some time and it was 9 degrees, freezing and felt very christmassy.

Spent a week in the snow last week attempting to ski and I just thought of how much I would like to spend a Christmas in the alps with all my friends and family, stupid not winning the euromillions.

Anyway it seems to have been quiet on this forum, hope all are well. I will be off to KSA sadly tomorrow or the next day as my penance for enjoying myself the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Congratulations Jude!!

• Advertisement

Congrats Jude it sounds like you had an amazing time!

Welcome back as well :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement