Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheers kids. I feel far too young to be married, then I remember my age. It was good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Congratulations Jude. Hope you had a fab day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations, Jude!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Congrats Jude

In other news the guesthouse I stayed in the last 2 night had adverts for lapland experience locally in rooms (think Santa in shopping centre kind of idea) yeah that actually happened. I smiled when I seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Congrats Jude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congrats Jude.

My god-daughter (4) asked me to read her a book at the weekend and come over with a Christmas book about Santa visiting Dublin. I told her it wasn't Christmas and she said "but I miss Santa!".

Thanks Kitten.

Please tell me you read it to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Congratulations Jude x

Cheers Stripedboxers, I can now let myself go this Christmas and eat the house down. Just kidding I think she's mad marrying a grown up manchild but I did put it in my letter to Santy last year.

How are you keeping?

Jude13 wrote: »
    Thanks Kitten.

Please tell me you read it to her?

Yea I read it to her, she then made her mam read it to her as her bedtime story last night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We made Christmas cakes for Easter and we'll ice them during the week.
    We've got a large frozen Turkey for Sunday and the Ham is being delivered during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Congrats Jude!

Cheers all, blushing here, all I did was show up say a few words and pay the bill. My OH planned the whole thing to a 'T'. Just looking out from an office in Kingdom Tower in Saudi, very biblical looking, not that im into that thing but its my segway to Christmas thoughts.

Any honeymoon plans Jude?

We had a mini moon of a few days skiing after the wedding but it was quite rushed although lovely. We're saving for a house so our childhood dream honeymoon may have to wait till retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Jude13 wrote: »
    Cheers Stripedboxers, I can now let myself go this Christmas and eat the house down. Just kidding I think she's mad marrying a grown up manchild but I did put it in my letter to Santy last year.

How are you keeping?
    Hehehe, won't be long now til this Christmas is upon us, hard to believe we're in the middle of April already :eek:

I'm great, doing really really well, only a few rounds of chemo left, had nearly twenty rounds so far, finding it hard to believe that I've had that much of it.

Mu tumor has shrunk and I can barely feel it now which is amazing.

Hope you are enjoying the relaxation after the wedding and planning, best of luck with your new house :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's fantastic news Stripedboxers. Keep strong and full of Christmas cheer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Congrats Jude and Stripedboxers! Good to see that good news continues on even after Christmas and the build up to this Christmas. :) Hope everyone he is keeping well.

Striper (too close to stripper as a nickname?) you're an inspiration, you're Christmas spirit is way stronger that other C, as we all know Christmas is the real big 'C' ;)

Keep us posted and don't be afraid to use here/pm's a place to allow yourself to gripe.

Cheers about the house, don't even know what country it will be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi all !!

It's been ages since I posted and I got some lovely inbox messages from memebers which I have just replied to ! Firstly I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and I am sorry I vanished for a while. On the plus side I will have pages upon pages to catch up on and read all the details of your Christmas posts.

I had a particularly hard time since I last posted and mr glitz remarked in passing this evening now that I'm doing better i should go back to boards as it always made me smile. And he was right ! I feel happier already :) x glitz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome back!! :D

Sorry to hear things haven't been great. Hope you're doing okay. xx

Jude congratulations on your wedding!
    Strippedboxers I am so sorry to hear what you are going through ( only reading up on posts now) I hope your feeling better and this definitely the place to come if you need to cheer yourself up and a boast of positive energy. Hope you are doing well x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi all !!

It's been ages since I posted and I got some lovely inbox messages from memebers which I have just replied to ! Firstly I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and I am sorry I vanished for a while. On the plus side I will have pages upon pages to catch up on and read all the details of your Christmas posts.

I had a particularly hard time since I last posted and mr glitz remarked in passing this evening now that I'm doing better i should go back to boards as it always made me smile. And he was right ! I feel happier already :) x glitz

Glitzgirl we have missed you greatly and often commented on your absence. Delighted to have you back amongst us and hope things will be on the up for you soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Welcome back Glitzgirl! Lovely to see you back posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My Christmas Twin is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi all !!

So happy to see you back posting. Mr Glitz was right this is the happiest part of boards for me anyway. Glad we have made you feel happier already.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Yay so good to see you posting again even though I don't know you personally but I loved your Christmassy posts!! :)

Posy wrote: »
    Welcome back!! :D

Sorry to hear things haven't been great. Hope you're doing okay. xx

Hi posy ! :D

Great to be back ! Doing much better.
    If you remember we were talking about fostering and we got so far as even meeting two lovely little sisters. Room decorated and everything
    .then the week before I was due to go to Prague with my friend I found out that my youngest son was going to have to undergo an assessment of need like his older brother who is special needs..naturally I had to press pause on fostering until I see how mini glitz is doing ! But I was devestated and really felt like I was letting down my own son and those 2 poor little sisters ! :(

Fast forward a few days and my friend after years of being in remission was told she had stomach cancer. Needless to say we canceled the trip to Prague and I spent most of my Christmas helping her and her family out.
    I'm just getting to grips now with my youngest son maybe having the same diagnosis as my eldest and that fostering may not be an option for us for some years. On the plus side my friend is doing well and were really hopefully she can beat this again !

Yay so good to see you posting again even though I don't know you personally but I loved your Christmassy posts!! :)

Hi Disney I think I may have missed you when you joined but I love your name :)

• Advertisement

My Christmas Twin is back!

Hello rentdayblues! :D I did miss talking to my mirror self :) hope you and the family had a great Christmas !!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement