Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Glitzgirl we have missed you greatly and often commented on your absence. Delighted to have you back amongst us and hope things will be on the up for you soon. :)

Thanks!! I have to say it didn't feel christmasy at all this year without my boards family :)

Welcome back Glitzgirl! Lovely to see you back posting.

Hi toto! Can't wait to catch up and see what fab stuff you got up to for Christmas! Something creative I bet ! :) hope Mr toto recovered from his surgeries ( if I remember correctly !) And you had a fab Christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Glitzgirl i spotted your name on the main page and shouted "She's back". I don't often postvbut als read. You were missed.

Jude congrats and Striped Boxers delighted the tumour has decreased

Glitzgirl i spotted your name on the main page and shouted "She's back". I don't often postvbut als read. You were missed.

Jude congrats and Striped Boxers delighted the tumour has decreased

Awh that's lovely tickingclock thank you ! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah Glitzgirl it's great to have you back. So sorry to hear you had a bad time of it as of late but I'm also glad boards can put a smile on your face.

And I'm so glad there's a hive of activity here today too. I had a sh!t day so it's so nice to have ye here to keep me sane :D

• Advertisement

lycan238 wrote: »
    So happy to see you back posting. Mr Glitz was right this is the happiest part of boards for me anyway. Glad we have made you feel happier already.

I normally don't agree with Mr glitz I don't like it to go to his head but I Def have to give him this one ! Love the postie vibe on here ! Thanks lycan :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah Glitzgirl it's great to have you back. So sorry to hear you had a bad time of it as of late but I'm also glad boards can put a smile on your face.

And I'm so glad there's a hive of activity here today too. I had a sh!t day so it's so nice to have ye here to keep me sane :D

Thanks loughc! Great to be back! Sorry to hear you had a crappy day but your Def in the right place to cheer yourself up again ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Welcome back Glitzgirl, it's great to see you back again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Woohoo welcome back Glitz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Welcome back Glitzgirl, you've really been missed around here! It's unfortunate about your news of late but I'm happy to see that things are improving. Hopefully they will continue on the up for you, your friend and your family. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi Disney I think I may have missed you when you joined but I love your name :)

Thank you! I'm obsessed with Disney and Diva used to be my nickname!lol

Mini glitz will do good with you as his mother! :) There is a lot more awareness out there about special needs while it ain't 100% but it is certainly better than it used to be. I basically have auditory dyslexia but I tell people I'm deaf- I don't have the understanding of spoken language :) Great to hear things are looking up for your friend too :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It feels like Christmas this weekend!
    4 days off, easter eggs, some well needed rest and relaxation! And we have Glitz back. Good times. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Well how has everyone been?

I hope this year has been good to you all so far. Have a good easter weekend!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Wow lots happening here. Conratulations on your marriage Jude. And I'm glad your treatment is going well StripedBoxers. And a huge welcome back to Glitzgirl, I'm sorry your last few months has been tough but it's lovely to have you back.

Anyone on Easter Bunny duty tonight? It's a pita compared to Santa duty. At Christmas I never have to spend days checking weather forecasts deciding where the presents will go, it's always inside - under the tree. But with Easter the aim is to have the hunt in the garden, so you need at least semi-decent weather. And there may or may not be showers tonight and tomorrow morning so I've been dithering all night. I really don't want to do the hunt inside again, it's less fun. So my alarm is set for 6am and everything is set up by the patio door ready for me to do a mad dash of letting the dogs out to pee. Putting them back inside. Running out with eggs and clues, hiding the basket. Coming back in and feeding the dogs so they don't bark like loons when we all get up and lastly hopefully going back to bed for another hour's sleep.

Wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I'm to do Easter Egg hunt at ours for the first time for our wee niece and nephew! The idea is that I'll have all set up outside before we go for them!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Great to see you back Glitzgirl! Its great to get into work (after a 3am redeye flight) to see Christmas boards active.

I got zero easter eggs, yup zero. Not that Im sulking or anything. I did get a lovely weekend put on from my wife (weird to say that now) I also shared that it was only 39 weekends to the big day, trying to get the tree up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I hope you're all having a nice Easter Sunday! I'm cooking a roast dinner for 10 people later but about half of the food is being brought by other people :) We've had a rough couple of weekends with illnesses and two days ago I had to drag myself to the out of hours doctor for antibiotics, so I'm determined to enjoy today! My 2 year old will no doubt be given far too much chocolate today, so we'll ​have to take a fair bit of it for ourselves. For his own good *ahem*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sounds lovely, I am in the land of sand today so a 3am wake up for a flight to work. I will celebrate Tuesday when I get home for two days. Maybe someone will have taken my milky bar egg hints on board.

6am dog appeasing and egg hiding went well. I even got back to bed for an hour and a half though I didn't sleep as I was just too, too excited. Unfortunately when S woke up it was already raining so the egg hunt was a bit damp. He just collected the eggs, found his basket and had a mad dash back to the house to open everything and just as we got inside it absolutely lashed. Then an awesome festive breakfast. Having a little chill out now before we get ready for lunch out and an outing I've been waiting to go on for years. :D

• Advertisement

Happy Easter guys!! :)

Is this easter bunny thing the norm now? When I was a child, there was no bunny. I just got a couple of eggs from my parents, was delighted with life and that was it!

Posy wrote: »
    Is this easter bunny thing the norm now? When I was a child, there was no bunny. I just got a couple of eggs from my parents, was delighted with life and that was it!

It's certainly growing in popularity. You can even visit the Easter Bunny in shopping centres and get a photo and egg. I'd say about 2/3rds of the families I know with children S's age (4) do the bunny. And for about half of those he tends to leave little plastic eggs filled with small toys/little treats that leads to a basket with books/little toys/summer things or even stuff you bought on offer and waited for an occasion to give. It varies by family but in my experience children with winter birthdays and/or large extended families (who they will get lots of eggs from) get a few toys from the bunny. Children who's birthdays are soonish or who won't get piles of eggs from relatives get eggs from the bunny.

I used to always get toys/books from my parents at Easter because I used to get 15-20+ eggs from relatives. But the bunny was only something I'd seen in cartoons and wished was real because Easter always felt like an anti-climax compared to Christmas. So I hopped right aboard the bunny train with S and I love the idea of him getting his treats in a basket at the end of a hunt. I also love the challenge of finding cool things that fit in eggs. Though I think S's most excited moment this morning was finding the bowl of dandelion leaves he picked for the bunny last night, being empty when we got up!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We always had the Easter bunny growing up and, just like Santa, it's a tradition that has continued even as adults. My parents never gave us eggs on top of the one the Easter bunny brought.

I was flicking through the tv channels earlier and there was a Christmas film on True Movies. There's a turkey in the oven so the house smells like Christmas at the moment. It's lovely.

Thank you! I'm obsessed with Disney and Diva used to be my nickname!lol

Mini glitz will do good with you as his mother! :) There is a lot more awareness out there about special needs while it ain't 100% but it is certainly better than it used to be. I basically have auditory dyslexia but I tell people I'm deaf- I don't have the understanding of spoken language :) Great to hear things are looking up for your friend too :)

Awh thank you ! Such a lovely thing to say :) I know it can be hard when people don't seem to understand or maybe not educated about difficulties people with special needs face. All we can do is take a breath and explain lol. Oh I hope you go all Disney now at Christmas time ! I try get some of the Disney Christmas decorations from Disney store! Would love to make a tree from them eventually when they will be safe from the kiddies ;)

Hi guys! HAPPY EASTER !! I'm up since early am with 2 sugar crazed mini lunatics tearing the house apart for more eggs :) almost reminds me of Christmas with turkey in the oven and children ( and adults :D ) eating choc for breakfast! Hope everyone had a lovely day and thanks for such a warm welcome back all x

I think it was posy who mentioned the easter egg tree? Definitely a new tradition in Ireland I think ! This year I haven't put up any easter decorations but will Def be going the easter tree next year ! :) any excuse to decorate hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Posy wrote: »
    Happy Easter guys!! :)

When I was growing up we never had the Easter bunny, got 2 eggs from my parents and maybe 1 or 2 from relatives.

Glad it's not just me!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Happy Easter everyone.

I got eggs when I was younger. One from my parents one from my sister and one from my best friends parents. I got a few from relatives.

Now these days I get none but raid the shops Easter Monday for some discounted ones if any left. If none left its doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

lycan238 wrote: »
    Happy Easter everyone.

I got eggs when I was younger. One from my parents one from my sister and one from my best friends parents. I got a few from relatives.

Now these days I get none but raid the shops Easter Monday for some discounted ones if any left. If none left its doesn't matter.

I may have bought some eggs for myself aswell but I still get 2 eggs from my parents :D It's a tradition I love :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement