Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I agree Jude! I love seeing the notifications that there's posts waiting to be red here.

I find during the warm summer weather people find it hard to think about Christmas and things quieten down again.

But we will try our best to keep the Christmas bells ringing all year round :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Indeed!!

I think it's natural for there to be a lull in the summer- things always pick up about July/August. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I just realised something. I still have a set of Christmas Lights up around my darts board. This has to be a record (well for me anyway)

I hope you're leaving them up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Jude13

Well summer here is like winter, the weather is so bad (extreme heat) that you can't go outside. So its when I yearn for cold weather, spend allot of time indoors watching crap on tv etc. I will keep the Christmas flag flying over the summer months. Its the only reason I am still on boards to be honest.

I must look at the Christmas traditions/eve traditions thread again, this being our first Christmas married it would be nice to start some. Any ideas welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Jude13 wrote: »
    Well summer here is like winter, the weather is so bad (extreme heat) that you can't go outside. So its when I yearn for cold weather, spend allot of time indoors watching crap on tv etc. I will keep the Christmas flag flying over the summer months. Its the only reason I am still on boards to be honest.

I must look at the Christmas traditions/eve traditions thread again, this being our first Christmas married it would be nice to start some. Any ideas welcome.

I think that is the best thread to read on a cold winters night (or if your just not feeling christmasy yet). It really gets you into the Christmas spirit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Posy wrote: »
    I hope you're leaving them up!!

Yes will replace batteries as necessary. I don't have a spot light to use for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Is Know Your Elves happening this year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    Is Know Your Elves happening this year?

Sure if there is demand there we can do it. Although we need to shake things up a bit to keep the format fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Going to start saving for Christmas at the end of this month so I will be saving for half the year. Starting to get very excited now!

• Advertisement

Let's get brainstorming on the know you elves. New elves are a must.

Maybe a set list of Q's for an elf a day to answer and we critique 'No way, Home alone 2 is way better than 1!' and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

What's know your elves?

What's know your elves?

It was a question and answer thing we do each year on the Christmas forum with our posters/elves.

Here's an example of a Know your Elves thread so you get the idea :)
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057519659/1/#post97696492

We also did a type of lightning round which could work too?
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057539324/1/#post98594155

Any suggestions anybody has are always welcome! And feel free to start lots of new threads!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

How about some sort of Christmas trivia thread, users can post interesting facts about how Christmas is celebrated in different ways ariound the world? Could be interesting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

On another note, I spotted a facebook post about new Snowman World Glass Accommodation opening in Santa Claus Village in Lapland - it looks phenomenal - of course you pay the price for such a stunning place to stay but I can keep dreaming :D

(The pictures actually just look like artist impressions rather than photos but they still look great)

What's know your elves?

Does the above fall under the blasphemy law? ;)

We havent had our honeymoon and were thinking about Christmas, Snowman world may fit my idea but I doubt the OH's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Could you split it and do half somewhere Christmassy and then the other half somewhere warm?

It's tough that time of year. I lived in the middle east, have to be home for a few days in Ireland for family commitments, max leave 2 weeks. So either I fly home and do the cold, then fly back to somewhere in the southern hemisphere to get hot weather.

We're not too bothered about warm weather, we live in the sun. Its just that we can see europe when we move back to the EU so want to get some experiences that would wont be able to when back in the EU. Very much 1st world issues i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's feeling very christmassy this morning with the howling wind and rain! :D

• Advertisement

I bought a bottle of glittery red nail polish today. If that's not Christmassy, I don't know what is. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hi everyone :D

How are you all? I haven't posted here in ages, I've missed this place :D

Hope you're all keeping well :D xx

Hi everyone :D

How are you all? I haven't posted here in ages, I've missed this place :D

Hope you're all keeping well :D xx

Hey StripedBoxers! I hope you're keeping well and you're feeling much better.

All is well here, I'm up to my eyes in wedding planning at the moment so I have yet to get into the Christmas spirit even at this early stage of the countdown.

Missed you, StripedBoxers! :) Hope you're doing okay.

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey StripedBoxers! I hope you're keeping well and you're feeling much better.

All is well here, I'm up to my eyes in wedding planning at the moment so I have yet to get into the Christmas spirit even at this early stage of the countdown.
    Missed you, StripedBoxers! :) Hope you're doing okay.
    Hey you guys :D

Thank you both so much. LoughG, I hope the wedding planning is going well, is it long til the big day? The time is going to fly in for you. I'd say you can't wait, at least you have Christmas to look forward to after your wedding and honeymoon :)

I'm doing great thank you, I'm doing much better than expected. I will finish chemotherapy this week :D I can't believe it. I can't believe I am finished already, it has been the longest six months, and although they have gone by so quickly they felt longer than any other six months :o

My hair, eyebrows and eyelashes have started growing back as well, I was amazed when I realised they has started growing despite me not being finished chemo yet :D I am so over the moon. I have never been as happy to see hair :D

My tumor has also shrunk down, so much so that I can't even feel it anymore. I could cry with happiness over this alone.

I can't believe I am doing it, I can't believe I am beating my cancer. :o

Ah Stripedboxers I'm delighted to hear you're doing so well. :D

You're so brave thank you for sharing your journey with us. We are here for you always.

That's fantastic news. We're all rooting for you to beat the hell out of cancer!

And hooray for hair!! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah Stripedboxers I'm delighted to hear you're doing so well. :D

You're so brave thank you for sharing your journey with us. We are here for you always.
    That's fantastic news. We're all rooting for you to beat the hell out of cancer!

And hooray for hair!! :D
    Thank you both so so much. The support I've had and continue have is amazing, it gives me such a boost and helps me so so much.

I'm hopeful that by Christmas (going to Galway in Nov, Xmas markets :D) that I will have some hair. Fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Strippedboxers, that is great news!! I'm a bit of newbie but I remember your posts about your journey! It is always small things that matter a lot!

I just got a job offer yesterday and all I could think was how I need to do a big pre Christmas cleaning soon and start Christmas crafts!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Hey everyone I hope everyone is well I haven't posted in ages, I look forward to catching up on everything
    Great news StrippedBoxes best wishes

For any Yankee Candle lovers...Yankee in Blanch has some selected candles at 15 euro each for large jars and other that's are 20 for large but if you buy two you get them for 30 just a heads up if anyone is interested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement