Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I love cinnamon, the smell, taste, everything. Mmm. I love it in apple tarts with a good splash of whiskey. Soo good.

Speaking of Xmas decs, I was doing a clear out recently and found an Xmas dec my former best friend gave me years ago which said "best friends" on it, the sad thing is, we are no longer friends and won't ever be friends again. Amazing what can change in a few months / a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Glad to see a few cinnamon lovers on this thread, I was starting to feel that I was the only person who loves cinnamon. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was going to say there was something in the air today with all of the posts but I think that something might be cinnamon haha.

#cinnamongate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Let me join this particular party of cinnamon lovers. I only have it in apple tarts and my mother has some hanging up in the house. Occasionally when I have the stove on I will put a pan of water, slices of orange and cinnamon sticks on the boil for an hour or two. Leaves the house smelling lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't particularly hate cinnamon, I just don't eat anything that generally has cinnamon involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like cinnamon. When I was younger their used be cinnamon flavored pop tart that I used love.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Let's get into into the whole Roses v QS debate again!

I just realised that there is cinnamon sticks in the recipe for mulled wine so I partake in one way.

We are moving to a new home, hopefully in a few weeks, this will require moving the Christmas decs. As it is a bigger home, by about 10 sq feet it will defo need a raft of new decorations.

Quality Street all the way!! Especially now that Cadburys is pure muck.

^^9 our of 10 elves know this

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

Yes. This by a million!

• Advertisement

I like the Seasons Greetings sweets but they are so expensive, about €10 a box (and a small box at that) so I never get them, unless they're reduced/on offer/I've a discount voucher. I refuse to spend that money on a small box of sweets when I could get others for €3 - €6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Now it's 6 months until December.

Well that was a fast couple of months.

Can't believe it's actually June. Just... wow.

Also, Quality Street still come in actual tins, not just plastic tubs. That's another bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like the Seasons Greetings sweets but they are so expensive, about €10 a box (and a small box at that) so I never get them, unless they're reduced/on offer/I've a discount voucher. I refuse to spend that money on a small box of sweets when I could get others for €3 - €6.

We always get these and open them on Christmas Eve evening!

Never heard of the seasons greeting sweets?

Six months till the big month, best get my new 'lets go drinking in the 23rd Dec facebook page up and running'. I jumped the dun a bit by starting it in May.

Can't believe it's actually June. Just... wow.

Me neither! This year has been flying by!!

And to add to wow it's June this is also the month I'm getting married. Both exciting and scary in equal measure haha.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Never heard of the seasons greeting sweets?
    This is them :)

?width=459&version=721752

They're lovely but far too expensive for what they are IMO.

Loughc wrote: »

And to add to wow it's June this is also the month I'm getting married. Both exciting and scary in equal measure haha.
    I was only saying this to my best friend recently. It's scary how quickly the time is going.

Best of luck with the wedding. I hope you both have a fabulous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »

Have you managed to sneak anything Christmas related into the wedding? Maybe a little Santa on the cake table? Or a Christmas suit for the ceremony? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

We had a bachelor uncle, that would always arrive few days before Christmas with a box of the Lemons Seasons Greetings sweets......devine. Started my love of toffees.....

• Advertisement

Have you managed to sneak anything Christmas related into the wedding? Maybe a little Santa on the cake table? Or a Christmas suit for the ceremony? :pac:

Haha not yet but I might have to sneak something in now :)

If Loughc doesn't get married wearing Willy Wonka's purple suit and have quality street instead of confetti, I'll be sorely disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

We had a Christmas Day dinner today in the house. My Dad had a lung transplant in mid-December and we kept the turkey in the freezer for when we could all have the dinner to celebrate his Christmas. It was a great day. We're also into June now so we're nearly half-way to this years Christmas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

DenMan wrote: »
    We had a Christmas Day dinner today in the house. My Dad had a lung transplant in mid-December and we kept the turkey in the freezer for when we could all have the dinner to celebrate his Christmas. It was a great day. We're also into June now so we're nearly half-way to this years Christmas. :)

Great idea - I hope ye had a lovely day 🎄

That's lovely, DenMan. :)
    Especially as Christmas must have been a tough one for you all, so soon after your dad's operation. I hope he's doing well.

DenMan wrote: »

What a great idea! I have never see those seasons greeting sweats before which is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I have never see those seasons greeting sweats before which is weird.

If I remember correctly they would have been popular before the likes of Roses and Celebrations etc took over. They always strike me as old fashioned but I might try them this year as all the others are gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Seasons Greetings always makes me nostalgic for Christmas past I must say :) A real "visiting Granny and Granddad" nostalgia.... toffees, sucky sweets, fruit jellies....not quite the same selection as when I was a kid but still...the Santy on the box is enough to get me misty eyed....:)

I will defo give those a go this year.

Loughc I hope there are no pre-wedding nerves. I didn't get the whole 'so what is it like to be married thing' as we had lived together (in the sinniest sin) prior to being married so its really no change, just great memories of a magic day. Your 6 month anniversary will be in a lovely time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I will defo give those a go this year.

Loughc I hope there are no pre-wedding nerves. I didn't get the whole 'so what is it like to be married thing' as we had lived together (in the sinniest sin) prior to being married so its really no change, just great memories of a magic day. Your 6 month anniversary will be in a lovely time of year.

I actually thought I'd feel the same but I definitely felt that there was a difference after we got married. It was more of a feeling than anything concrete. I can't really explain it. Our 5th wedding anniversary is coming up and I still feel the same.

/puke

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement