Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Watching "I'll be home for Christmas" on Netflix with Mena Suvari - your typical Hallmark Christmas movie but i needed my fix

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Just noticed Christmas films on all day today on True Movies :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Excellent. Love True Movies!
    Can't beat a nice cheesy, terrible, badly acted festive film. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No nerves Jude we've been living together for 5 years so we're well into the auld married couple territory already.

That's gas Toto my fiancée is always saying she thinks it'll feel different when we're married like it's more solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    No nerves Jude we've been living together for 5 years so we're well into the auld married couple territory already.

That's gas Toto my fiancée is always saying she thinks it'll feel different when we're married like it's more solid.

It's weird, I didn't think I could love him more than I did, but somehow when we got married I did. I hope it's as wonderful for you as it has been for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's weird, I didn't think I could love him more than I did, but somehow when we got married I did. I hope it's as wonderful for you as it has been for us.

Ah thanks Toto that's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi guys !.Hope everyone is well. Just popping in to say I got some in the night garden toys reduced to half price in tesco today. Need to get back shopping I'm sooo behind this year !!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Bought my first Christmas present of the year today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Unpacked a box last week and found a few Christmas picture books packed inside. Dates back five years when I found several kids books at charity shops, throughout the year. By December 1st I had over 25, plenty to fill a basket for a neighbour family as a reading advent calendar. It was as much fun for me to find, wrap and give as I hoped it was for them to have a Christmassy book to unwrap and read together, every night before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was hoping to do a half Christmas dinner (June 25th) after that lovely post about having a recent Christmas dinner for their ill father recently but I have been told I can't due to moving house and traveling that week. I hate being grown up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Jude could you do it another week as a way of saying goodbye to your old house?

We are officially into 1-derland in the countdown already!

Into the 100's and almost half way there with the countdown, this year is moving moving!

Wow that was fast! :eek:

* at what point should I be taking my tree down?

:o

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    Wow that was fast! :eek:

* at what point should I be taking my tree down?

:o

Never, unless it's a real tree then you might have issues!

Whoop 8,000th post!

Never, unless it's a real tree then you might have issues!

Whoop 8,000th post!
    ;) wise words

wow :D many congratz LoughC! :pac::pac::pac:

Wow are we into the 100s already ! I'm so behind this year we just got back from a family wedding in vegas so it's going to take some time to re adjust :) I was looking up elf on the shelf ideas today though on pinterest. .. Maybe I knew subconsciously haha

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Wow are we into the 100s already ! I'm so behind this year we just got back from a family wedding in vegas so it's going to take some time to re adjust :) I was looking up elf on the shelf ideas today though on pinterest. .. Maybe I knew subconsciously haha

Eeek. Any tips for Vegas I'll be heading there in a few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'd say the best tip would be to bring lots of money :pac::pac:

kitten_k wrote: »
    Jude could you do it another week as a way of saying goodbye to your old house?

Now that is an idea. I just need to source a Ham in June, in the middle east, in Ramdan...I'll manage it,

Oooh you'll have a great time ! So many tips where to start lol !
    If your looking at going to see the grand canyon do it by helicopter. Its more costly but it's only a half day in total in a small group of 5/6 ppl and you will land on Indian ground inside the canyon and have a little picnic. By bus it's a day excursion so the whole day is gone on a bus. We were gone at 8.30 am ( via stretch limo ) and back by lunch time so had the day to ourselves.

Try go see a cirque show. If your a fan of michael Jackson see the one show. It was hands down my favourite part of the trip! Although any cirque show is good ! And you can dress up or go casual we had people dress up in black tie and others in shorts and tee after walking off the street !

If your staying in a hotel on the strip do ckeck out the buffet breakfast. In most hotels its Brunch breakfast combo. We stayed in the flamingo and it was amazing ! Like 24 dollars per person it was open from 6 am til 2 pm and you could have everything from a make your own Omlette station to cereal to fruit to Chinese food and Sunday dinner with your free drinks. Because it was sooooo warm we found our appetite was gone so breakfast was our main meal !

Def use uber or there is a public bus that stops at all the hotels every 10 mins all way thru the night. Great way to get to some of the hotels and freemont street ( the old strip ).

Check out all the hotels. My favourites were the venetian the shopping was unreal and we had a gondola (sp) ride around the hotel. Also Paris was amazing just walk inside you will see what I mean !

Check out the fountains at rhe bellagio huge crowds but they are on every hour until like 5 pm I think then it's every 15 mins or half an hour. It's amazing !

If your there to have some fun stop and get one of the test tube funnels you can walk around and drink them ppl bring them into shows and everything ! I personally recommend the strawberry dacuri :) and u keep the tube and they refill it. There are stations every where and it's only like 13 dollars to refill !

I think that's it although if you have any more questions let me know I'm sure I forgot something ! Have a fab time !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Currently listening to Dean Martin let it snow :-D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

leahyl wrote: »
    Currently listening to Dean Martin let it snow :-D

Me too! But it's because you inspired me. :)

Lads I am so delighted. We moved back to Ireland in March and have been so excited to be home.

But now we've had a change in circumstance and we are moving again - and I am even happier. The house we are moving into is a tiny terrace and Christmas in it is going to be the cosiest loveliest thing ever. Open fire, twinkling lights...I can't wait! Amidst all the packing and buying appliances and stripping wallpaper, I am just thrilled at the prospect of Christmas in this little place. :pac:

Congrats ME!! Are you moving country? My OH is already pushing for a four year plan, I have been away allot of my adult life so I am sued to it. Not sure I could live in Ireland anymore to be honest. Plus not work for me really. We will see what the future brings.

I will listen to let it snow on the way home just for giggles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Not moving country, no. Staying in Ireland, but moving from Kildare to Dublin, much closer to work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Boots ad is a bit Christmasey!

it is going to be the cosiest loveliest thing ever. Open fire, twinkling lights...I can't wait! Amidst all the packing and buying appliances and stripping wallpaper, I am just thrilled at the prospect of Christmas in this little place. :pac:

This sounds so homely and Christmassy all you need is some snow a big red coat and going door to door with some homemdade Christmas cookie gift baskets for neghbours ... can you tell I like a certain type of true Christmas movie lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I made ham in coke yesterday. I served it with gorgeous salads but there was no denying its Christmasity :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Congrats Loughc and Mystery Egg, best of luck to you both with the wedding & move :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

The Boots ad is a bit Christmasey!

I didnt know what was happening the first time the ad came on, I just heard the music and thought eh what......very strange (but kinda cool) :)

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-54x-D2EfzM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I don't like the boots ad!!! It all too blasphemous for me :-) you just don't mess with Christmas!!!

On the other hand, kids on summer holiday next week, that for me is the beginning of Christmas... eekkkk..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement