Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not a new page for everybody though! I view 40 posts per page and you're nicely half way down the thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Christmas everyone!! I have a lovely brown soda bread in the oven, now all I need is for it to be snowing outside instead of sunny! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

.....I've started to clear things down, (thinly veiled it as 'having a clear out') in prep for the decorations. Got a few small bits at homebase again yesterday. Just a few skinny strands of tinsel. I normally don't go for tinsel, but they are to go on the pop up trees, they didn't come with enough decorations, so I need to add something to them. Got a few small bits to add to my Christmas parcel. That's headed across the Atlantic. Priced up the Christmas lights, as I think I might need a few new sets this year. Just incase the others blow...once the trees are up. But I refused to hand over €41 for 240 lights. They can keep them!!. I'll see what Argos have. I must get a cheap Choo Choo train too. For under the tree.

I really want to buy new decorations this year but not sure exactly what - I just know I want to buy something christmassy!! We have so many decorations though so my mum would probably have a hernia if I bought any more!!

OMG will be doing some Winter cleaning in the next few weeks in preparation for the decorations coming down from the attic!!

The date is set for the 29th November :pac: Should have everything up by the 1st December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

It has been a long time since i have posted on the christmas forum ,i still have a santa's head on the back door in my sitting room all year rond 4 year's there even after doing up the sitting room this summer anyhow i tought i would let all the christmas lover here know that my 18 month old doughter is now pointing at and trying to say ho ho ho :D her twin brother on the other hand just wants to try and eat it:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww I remember my 2nd girls 1st Christmas and her pointing to Santa and saying HO Ho HO and it would make you melt:))

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

just got out the xmas stockings yep i is ready

I have no Stira going up into the attic, the hubby does some sort of a monkey trick, (using a gene that only they are born with, ha ha) and hey presto, he's up. I think it was a conscience decision of his, not to fit one. He knows well what would happen, tis bad enough I have the cd's on all year round. It's a pity though that I live surrounded by folks that think it's mad to put up a tree unless tis the week of Christmas..the ACTUAL week. One neighbour, told me she hates the site of a tree! The half grown kids have to decorate, and at that, it's only allowed in the front porch. It doesn't even get inside the house! Some folks are very odd aren't they?

Like what are the chances of living in a spot where most of the folks are very blazé (sp?) about Christmas? They have lost the sparkle! and the child like anticipation! OR I cold be just a bit OTT not to mention OCD about the whole affair! I don't care! Yesterday I got, 'The nightmare before Christmas, The snowman, & The Grinch.To add to my collection. I have to replace these on a yearly basis. As Christmas movies are watched through out the year. I told the youngest and incidently the most naughtiest member of the family, that If she didn't keep her grubby lil mitts off my Movies, I would send her to live with the neighbours, and not just for Christmas!

I have no Stira going up into the attic, the hubby does some sort of a monkey trick, (using a gene that only they are born with, ha ha) and hey presto, he's up. I think it was a conscience decision of his, not to fit one. He knows well what would happen, tis bad enough I have the cd's on all year round. It's a pity though that I live surrounded by folks that think it's mad to put up a tree unless tis the week of Christmas..the ACTUAL week. One neighbour, told me she hates the site of a tree! The half grown kids have to decorate, and at that, it's only allowed in the front porch. It doesn't even get inside the house! Some folks are very odd aren't they?

Like what are the chances of living in a spot where most of the folks are very blazé (sp?) about Christmas? They have lost the sparkle! and the child like anticipation! OR I cold be just a bit OTT not to mention OCD about the whole affair! I don't care! Yesterday I got, 'The nightmare before Christmas, The snowman, & The Grinch.To add to my collection. I have to replace these on a yearly basis. As Christmas movies are watched through out the year. I told the youngest and incidently the most naughtiest member of the family, that If she didn't keep her grubby lil mitts off my Movies, I would send her to live with the neighbours, and not just for Christmas!

:eek: SACRILEGE!! That's just messed up! I mean, at least put up a tree inside your house!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love2love wrote: »
    This comes to pass, When a child is born......

Oh great, a new page in the thread. Now I just look batty :D

Been singing "when a child is born" all morning! Thanks a million boards :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Halloween is almost out of the way!! One more day!! And them we can really start gearing up for Christmas! The ads will start on Nov 1st!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Halloween is almost out of the way!! One more day!! And them we can really start gearing up for Christmas! The ads will start on Nov 1st!

I love nov 1st for this reason! It's like the real countdown begins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Your post made me laugh...I just don't get people who do don't get Christmas. Kind of feel sorry for them really. Ho Ho Ho

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It's getting properly cold now, which always feels Christmassy to me!

I booked my flights home for Christmas today. I cannot wait! I'm getting in on the evening of the 18th, my Mum is delighted that I'm back early and said to me "I might need some help with the decorations, do you mind?" :D I absolutely love it and we have boxes and boxes of them!

Scarinae wrote: »
    It's getting properly cold now, which always feels Christmassy to me!

I booked my flights home for Christmas today. I cannot wait! I'm getting in on the evening of the 18th, my Mum is delighted that I'm back early and said to me "I might need some help with the decorations, do you mind?" :D I absolutely love it and we have boxes and boxes of them!

I'm on holidays from the 18th this year! So I will have a drink in honour of your return! ;)

King Krib wrote: »
    Your post made me laugh...I just don't get people who do don't get Christmas. Kind of feel sorry for them really. Ho Ho Ho

Exactly! some folk are in a constant state of moodiness. Shur, they'd nearly growl at you, if they thought they could! Me being in lala land 90% of the time doesn't help! Anyway, yes Nov 1st...taking no prisioners from that date on! They had better keep their sroogyness away from me! ....time for a little Bing Crosbie me thinks!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/591360/278143.jpg Exhibit A Was purchased last week. I loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Met my Mam today and brought her to Brown Thomas Christmas shop, she doesn't come to Dublin much at all. She loved it and got me a tree ornament :D

Met my Mam today and brought her to Brown Thomas Christmas shop, she doesn't come to Dublin much at all. She loved it and got me a tree ornament :D

I still haven't been there this year, I need to get my arse in gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Was up there yesterday in BTs. It's so festive! They have a lot of stuff. Was particularly excited to see all the sweets they have on sale up there too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Vintagegal

A bit unrelated but does anyone know if brown thomas has taken on all it's Xmas staff I attended and interview just over two weeks ago and have heard nothing back ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Aw they have lovely stuff. My favourite is the musical gramophone thingamagig. €185 is a bit much for me though, I'll just go hang out there on my lunch breaks more :p

If you haven't heard back from an interview just give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Moonbeam wrote: »
    aww I remember my 2nd girls 1st Christmas and her pointing to Santa and saying HO Ho HO and it would make you melt:))

These posts made me think of one of my favourite Christmas ads. HO HO HO!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's exactly what I thought of too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

halloween-dma-22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

^^^^^^^

Love this!!

I actually like Halloween but it feels over since last weekend when all the adults dressed up :pac:

Just reading through the Christmas forum and I realised the reason I like it so much is because everyone is just so nice to each other :)

Well, it doesn't cost anything to be nice (mind you, some folk need to concentrate on the act of niceness!). Also...we are all a baubel short of a full box, when it's to do with Christmas, so there's common ground. We except each others Christmas nuttiness around these here parts!

Woman on the till at Supervalu (expect less, pay more, lol) told me yesterday that there is snow due in November. 'Oh' says I. 'Is that from acuweather ?' 'He is usually bang on' ... she didn't have a notion what I was on about. So I distracted her with scratchcard.

I know supervalu has a hotline to the North Pole.. RIGHT? So, If she said snow in November...then snow it shall!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was in France earlier this month and I heard a Christmas song in a restaurant one night. It was awesome. Can't wait until I hear the first one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Was in Argos yesterday those Light up Christmas presents are on sale at €35.99 they are actually a really nice set with a green red and cream present I remember a few of you talking about them earlier in the year. They are actually doing a 3 for 2 on decorations too which includes big things like trees. I noticed they have nice lights for trees they have multicoloured star shaped ones. I have have noticed a bit of a comeback for those old fashioned lights. My parents have beautiful ones shaped like lanterns and Christmas baubles I wish they would make lights like that now they are like decorations all by themselves The countdown is really on now the stove is being lit every night and I am already planning where to put all my decorations.

I am thinking of doing the train under tree this also My husband has a lovely Hornby orient express I wonder could I put it under it or would I get the track small enough as it is a big train but then again we do have a big tree !!!! Excited now !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 nickynoo

Hi all, i'm new to this christmas forum. Reading all your post is making me so excited for Christmas. It's my favourite time of year... Thank you for making me so happy:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement