Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Congratulations LoughC, the pics look fabulous! I love that thread in the Weddings forum :)

On topic - stuck on some music on Youtube and didn't pay much attention to what was coming up next - the Home Alone soundtrack is currently playing :D "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" is playing now, kind of apt with the dark day outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg! Everyone on this thread should go IMMEDIATELY to you tube and ckeck out bad moms Xmas trailer ... I nearly cried laughing hahahahaha sorry I couldn't post the link :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

miamee wrote: »
    There you go :D

Thank you !!! :) just can't post pics or links again ? Don't know why ! It looks amazing realistic and funny hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I had my surgery yesterday so I'm lying in bed dying to watch some Xmas movies. Hopefully I can watch one later or tomorrow.

I'm bored senseless in here :blush:

I'm doing really great though thank god and my surgery went well too xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Omg! Everyone on this thread should go IMMEDIATELY to you tube and ckeck out bad moms Xmas trailer ... I nearly cried laughing hahahahaha sorry I couldn't post the link

miamee wrote:
    There you go

Looks great, can't wait!!

Great to hear you're doing well!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm glad it went well, Stripedboxers. All the best with your continued recovery! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I had my surgery yesterday so I'm lying in bed dying to watch some Xmas movies. Hopefully I can watch one later or tomorrow.

You look after yourself with a Christmas movie marathon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw a trailer for Pitch Perfect 3 and in it it said it was coming This Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Wishing you a speedy recovery Boxers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

With the weather today you wouldn't know of it July or December :) A day for the fire I think.

M&m textiles are advertising Christmas duvets and blankets to pre order with deposits ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Movies 24 are showing Christmas films from July :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Delighted all went well with your surgery. How are you getting plenty of TLC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

It's 01st July so lying in bed listening to Christmas fm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We are clearing out the attic this weekend, and all we have left up there is Christmas decorations.

It's so unfortunate that we can't touch them for 4 and a half months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Stripped Boxers I am glad you are in good spirits and wish you all the best on your road to recovery.

LoughC congrats and welcome to the club, time to let yourself have a few more mince pies each year.

Just back from Italy for a much needed week off (apart from someone lifting a bag whilst we were renting a car). When I was in the supermarket in rome there were loads of christmas tissue boxes which got me in better cheer.

Off to Jeddah tomorrow for the rest of the week which will be a nightmare so I will need christmas cheers and have the ability to watch christmas movies without anyone knowing!!

Stripped boxers glad your surgery went well and wishing you a speedy recovery.

If you need cheering up Christmas movies started on movies 24 and true movies... just a thought lol :)

I'm really panicking about Christmas this year! Think because we were away and spent so much time prepping for that I feel behind in my Christmas prep and shopping ! Halloween will soon be upon us and then it's all Christmas from there ! Panic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Found out my Dad has found ALL the Christmas decorations from when we were kids! He stopped putting them up/ celebrating Christmas much when Mam died. I've got dibs on ALL of it so I can't wait to dig through it all. :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I finally started trying to sort our wedding photos for the album....two years on! Hope to have an album for Christmas!:P Have to send the list off to our photographer this week before me starting new job next week.

Hope to find someone to do something with our tree skirt too as it was my wedding cloak but I got it made into tree skirt last year and it was too late to get something done on it by then.

Stripedboxers, hope you have a speedy recovery!

Glitzgirl, when do you usually start your prep?:D

Hope to find someone to do something with our tree skirt too as it was my wedding cloak but I got it made into tree skirt

Glitzgirl, when do you usually start your prep?:D

That is an amazing idea ! You'll have to put up a pic of that ! :) every time I see your name I smile lol love it !finally got my hands on the chip mug so thinking of doing a disney theme Christmas this year so I can justify using them :)

I normally start 1st of January lol ! I have a few bits put aside from the sales but I'm so behind this year esp from the mini glitz! I'm normally done by august and know exactly what I want to do for Christmas and then start planning Halloween :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    That is an amazing idea ! You'll have to put up a pic of that ! :) every time I see your name I smile lol love it !finally got my hands on the chip mug so thinking of doing a disney theme Christmas this year so I can justify using them :)

I normally start 1st of January lol ! I have a few bits put aside from the sales but I'm so behind this year esp from the mini glitz! I'm normally done by august and know exactly what I want to do for Christmas and then start planning Halloween :D

Will have to look on Pinterest for ideas! ;) will pop a pic of our Christmas tree so you can see the skirt AF1QipOK6gd0tjYg2C_oFNnQwcf1i7lLwRCs-XPa3t1p7OTys45rs7ozVZ6m2dcNqhZOvA?key=X3NBREdEQWIxRmxrcnltTm03cjlmX3VpSlRYbmtR

- Omg noway you're so lucky!! I tried to get one 3 times! :( Will keep trying though! Apparently Mrs Potts teapot will be in this September! That is a great idea about Disney theme Christmas! Think I will google that after I get this photos craic sorted!lol

I hope to be as organised as you the first year we decide to have our own Christmas but we will probably continue the tradition of going to both houses for dinners on the day this year since we got married!

Hi disney sorry for the delay ! I can see you replied in my email notificatons but it's not coming up when I log onto boards. So annoying lol

Your picture is amazing ! Such a great idea ! I'm off to Google disney inspired Christmas ideas on pinterest too haha. Yes I was the same with the chip cup! Finally got some last week. .Mr glitz saw them in stock and managed to grab me one. Bless him :) yes !! Mrs potts and cogsworth are out in august they will be like gold dust but I need one in my life :D

I'm sure you will be ! Is this your first Christmas married to Mr disney ? You should set up some lovely traditions for yourselves if it is. Maybe start buying the yearly disney dated decoration for your tree or the newbridge silver ware collection one ? Or a deco from each place you travel. Make a movie night once a week with special mugs and hot choc and Christmas blankets etc. Little things like that mean a lot :) but what ever you do enjoy it !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi disney sorry for the delay ! I can see you replied in my email notificatons but it's not coming up when I log onto boards. So annoying lol

Your picture is amazing ! Such a great idea ! I'm off to Google disney inspired Christmas ideas on pinterest too haha. Yes I was the same with the chip cup! Finally got some last week. .Mr glitz saw them in stock and managed to grab me one. Bless him :) yes !! Mrs potts and cogsworth are out in august they will be like gold dust but I need one in my life :D

I'm sure you will be ! Is this your first Christmas married to Mr disney ? You should set up some lovely traditions for yourselves if it is. Maybe start buying the yearly disney dated decoration for your tree or the newbridge silver ware collection one ? Or a deco from each place you travel. Make a movie night once a week with special mugs and hot choc and Christmas blankets etc. Little things like that mean a lot :) but what ever you do enjoy it !

I told two people I know who work in Penneys and they said they will grab one for me if if comes in again so fingers crossed!! Mr Glitz is so good!! I looked for Mrs Potts teapot online but they are €100 eek!!

Aww it will be our 3rd Christmas married- we got married in Jan 2015 (with loads of Xmas decor!!) We have few traditions already, Christmas film night every week with full works- exchange letters on Christmas morning- make mince pies together on Christmas eve- always put up Christmas tree together- I started with Disney decor two years ago, ones from Penneys and then ordered Tinkerbell online last year. Will still keep making new traditions as I hear ones though! ;)

I told two people I know who work in Penneys and they said they will grab one for me if if comes in again so fingers crossed!! Mr Glitz is so good!! I looked for Mrs Potts teapot online but they are €100

Have you looked at ali express expensive I know but cheaper than €100 anyway. Oh great! Inside information lol your already ahead of us so. Poor Mr glitz doesn't know what he started now he will have to get the rest of the collection. He will leave me lol :D I hope u get one. Worth phoning your local store they will tell you if a delivery is due in !

Oh sorry i thought it was your first Christmas married. ! I loved making new traditions when we first started dating. :) don't think I could fit any more in now to be honest haha not enough days !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've being very good the last year or two. No going into the attics looking at decorations until November.
    Yesterday, we got a new mat for in front of the fire that we'll put down when we decorate at Christmas. I went to put it in the Christmas wardrobe and I found the tree skirts.

Glitz, I checked Ali express after you mentioned it and I think I'll buy a set with my first pay check- Mr Disney won't be happy!! :P Awh we still feel like newlyweds and I plan on making new traditions this year just don't know what yet!ha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Just booked Disneyland Paris for a pre Christmas break! Sam, our elf on the shelf will deliver the tickets the night of the toy show.... can't bloody wait!!!!

• Advertisement

Glitz, I checked Ali express after you mentioned it and I think I'll buy a set with my first pay check- Mr Disney won't be happy!! :P Awh we still feel like newlyweds and I plan on making new traditions this year just don't know what yet!ha ;)

Haha got to love ali :) my apologies mr disney hahha ! You should , everyone deserves a chip and Mrs potts in their life :D

Thats so nice to hear ! I'm always amazed by the amount of newly weds you are so stressed and miserable less then a few months after their wedding think it's post wedding blues :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement