Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I got the ALL CLEAR. I am cancer freeeeeeeee!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Awh that is brilliant striped boxers !!! I'd say you don't know how to even begin to celebrate lol congratulations ! X

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Tesco earlier and their begging to sell off electrical items. This is generally a sign their making room in the stock room for later this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Congratulations SB. I'm so, so happy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

lycan238 wrote: »
    SB Congrats on being cancer free. I hope you enjoy the rest of the year and have a fantastic Christmas 2017
    Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Awh that is brilliant striped boxers !!! I'd say you don't know how to even begin to celebrate lol congratulations ! X
    iguana wrote: »
    Congratulations SB. I'm so, so happy for you.

Thank you all so, so much. It's been a few days since I was told and I still can't believe it. I got my Christmas pressie early this year - and nothing will ever top it. It feels amazing.

It's so surreal to think that I beat cancer, I actually did it. Just can't get my head around it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Great to hear a good news story SB. Delighted for you. ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

I'm so struggling this year what to get my eldest mini glitz for Christmas!! Panic is setting in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

What age? I will be struggling too, fighting the phone request another year I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I'm trying to decide whether to go to next sales this Saturday or not. I have niece&nephew's birthdays at end of Nov then 3 kids to get Christmas presents for and have niece's birthday at start of Jan plus new baby due in family shortly after that. I love getting bargains but effort getting up early for sales haha. If I had kids I'd definitely go and get presents while I'm in

Jude13 wrote: »
    What age? I will be struggling too, fighting the phone request another year I hope.

Oh God the phone conversation yes we have that here too ! He is 9 but has asd so very limited interests it's the same 3 things all the time I'm running out of ideas, star wars , dinosaurs , and xbox :p how old is your child jude!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Just back from a city break in Budapest and they had Christmas baubles on the market stalls!!

• Advertisement

Oh God the phone conversation yes we have that here too ! He is 9 but has asd so very limited interests it's the same 3 things all the time I'm running out of ideas, star wars , dinosaurs , and xbox :p how old is your child jude!

My wee one is nine also, grown out of make and do stuff. It's all gymnastics and tech stuff. I say this now in July and it will come back to haunt be but no phone this christmas.

I'm trying to decide whether to go to next sales this Saturday or not. I have niece&nephew's birthdays at end of Nov then 3 kids to get Christmas presents for and have niece's birthday at start of Jan plus new baby due in family shortly after that. I love getting bargains but effort getting up early for sales haha. If I had kids I'd definitely go and get presents while I'm in

Whispers ... go to the sale... you know you really want to ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Didn't go in it, but if you ever want Christmas every day of the year, a hotel in East Tennessee has Christmas decorations up all year round and looks pretty impressive.

https://innatchristmasplace.com

There's a huge Christmas decoration shop open all year round nearby too!

One of the few places in town Dolly Parton DOESN'T own. :)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

Hello to everybody!!

I joined Boards especially for this Christmas forum!! I have spent so many years lurking!!!

I can't wait to share in the Christmas festivities, crafts, trees and food ideas!!

Welcome new Elf. And a July joiner must be a record?

Jude13 wrote: »
    Welcome new Elf. And a July joiner must be a record?

Thank you so much!! I am very happy to be here!

I am here in Galway with the races at the end of the month! And sure when the races are over it's practically Christmas!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome, Funthalia_Love! :D

You can check out our other threads and let us know if you think there should be any additions to the Christmas checklist, help us count down to the big day here, let us know if you've spotted anything Christmassy in the out-of-season thread, tell us your Christmas eve traditions or browse through our 2016 trees. Add your own if you have a pic!! :)

If you're crafty, Baby and Crumble started a Pinterest thread and there's a Christmas crafts thread that's dying to be resurrected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hello to everybody!!

I joined Boards especially for this Christmas forum!! I have spent so many years lurking!!!

I can't wait to share in the Christmas festivities, crafts, trees and food ideas!!

Welcome aboard. This is a great forum :)

I am delighted to be here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Argos have released their top toy predictions for Christmas 2017 :D

Luvabella doll
    LEGO Friends Sunshine Catamaran
    Airhogs DR1 Official Race Drone
    PJ Masks Headquarter Playset
    Disney Cars 3 Lightning McQueen
    Transformers: The Last Knight RC Sqweeks
    Hatchimals & new ColleGGtibles
    Fisher Price ‘Teach n Tag Movi’
    LEGO BOOST
    Paw Patrol Sea Patroller
    Tiny Treasures Twin Set
    SoundMoovz

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/family/top-must-christmas-2017-toys-10737584

• Advertisement

Welcome Funthalia :)

OK so I had to come on and ( hopefully my pics post this time !!) Share my excitement. I know everyone here will get it. Because everyone else thinks I'm mad lol .. but my Christmas retail stock arrived! Ahhh! And I loooooovvvvveeee them. Remember I had described them as clear plastic ornamanents for the tree ? Hopefully these pics will help ! Just add some fake snow some nice ribbon and either Polish or cuticle oil and cream samples and I'm done !!

Welcome Funthalia :)

OK so I had to come on and ( hopefully my pics post this time !!) Share my excitement. I know everyone here will get it. Because everyone else thinks I'm mad lol .. but my Christmas retail stock arrived! Ahhh! And I loooooovvvvveeee them. Remember I had described them as clear plastic ornamanents for the tree ? Hopefully these pics will help ! Just add some fake snow some nice ribbon and either Polish or cuticle oil and cream samples and I'm done !!

They will be lovely when they're finished. Do you have a retail or online shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Almost autumn which means the countdown is almost ready to start for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Remember I had described them as clear plastic ornamanents for the tree ? Hopefully these pics will help !
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM. SQUEEEE. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Remember I had described them as clear plastic ornamanents for the tree ? Hopefully these pics will help!

Tiger had something similar last year, they were gorgeous! I bought loads of them to make gifts for the parents in the creche I work in, they were a big hit!! Hopefully they'll have them again this Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

God it's awfully wintry out there tonight! Roll on Winter! :P :D;)

They will be lovely when they're finished. Do you have a retail or online shop?

Hi funthalia thank you ! No I have a home based salon so have retail stock for customers but I am currently getting the shop up on my facebook business page. Busy times lol :) I can't wait to put them out on display!

Posy wrote: »
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM. SQUEEEE. :D:D

I swear I lit sounded like that when I opened the package hahaha ha delighted with them !

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Tiger had something similar last year, they were gorgeous! I bought loads of them to make gifts for the parents in the creche I work in, they were a big hit!! Hopefully they'll have them again this Christmas!

Awh that's a lovely idea. I've seen people use them for pictures and feathers inside for decorations which I thought was lovely. Of course I see that and I'm mentally working out if a bottle of Polish will fit in haha. May keep a look out in tiger again !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Did I do anything to offend people on this thread?

My posts don't neat near as many 'thanks' or replies that everyone else seems to get.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement