Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not that I know of. But I don't really keep track of thanks!

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Tiger had something similar last year, they were gorgeous! I bought loads of them to make gifts for the parents in the creche I work in, they were a big hit!! Hopefully they'll have them again this Christmas!
    Oh what exactly did you make? My mam works in a creche and loves trying crafty things! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Did I do anything to offend people on this thread?

My posts don't neat near as many 'thanks' or replies that everyone else seems to get.

I can't speak for everyone else but I doubt it ? I post sometimes and don't get any thanks I wouldn't think there is any badness in it, sometimes there may be just a few conversations happening simultaneously so I would thank or reply the post I'm directly talking to ? I wouldn't worry about post likes etc :) I tend to fly on and look through while running errands so may not have time to interact as much as I usually do xx

Last of the school supplies bought so definitely feeling closer to christmas today ! Also notice a lot of activity on my fb feed of business doing their Christmas stock 17 unvail early ! So exciting !!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Posy wrote:
    Oh what exactly did you make? My mam works in a creche and loves trying crafty things!

For the babies I took a picture of them in a little Santa hat and then popped it into the ball and added some snowflake glittery shapes. With the older children I did the same but also got them to draw a little Christmas picture on the back of their photo so there was something on both sides. They went down a treat and they're something they'll have for years!

Oh that's lovely. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

funthalia, welcome abroad!! I'm still a bit of newbie but I'm a major Christmas freak so it is lovely to talk to fellow freaks any time during the year! ;)

Glitz, I'm starting to think that perhaps you're dangerous for my card!! :P I love those baubles!!!

I'm here at Next sales waiting for it to open.....Will get plenty Christmas presents sorted whoop!! :D

I didn't realise there is pinterest by same crowd here so I'm gonna check it out!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Did I do anything to offend people on this thread?

My posts don't neat near as many 'thanks' or replies that everyone else seems to get.

Honest answer, one of your posts from another thread about how you treated a deli worker really turned me off so I'm inclined to not respond to you or thank you on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Honest answer, one of your posts from another thread about how you treated a deli worker really turned me off so I'm inclined to not respond to you or thank you on this thread.

IMG_3846.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was the guy who highlighted it! ;)

I was the guy who highlighted it! ;)

Indeed you were and you were right :D

• Advertisement

Okay, I know a question was asked by a poster querying his number of thanks, and it was answered honestly.

However, right or wrong, let's try and leave people's opinions in other forums out of this one. Nobody has to reply to or thank anyone they don't want to.

Now let's try and get back to the festivities.
    Only 163 days left to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We've been using our Christmas coasters lately.

Agreed. I was looking at my wrapping paper today wondering if it's too early to start wrapping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Is it ok to say that I still wear my Christmas socks under my jeans ?
    Sometimes I'll wind my daughter up by leaving his ears poking out :D
    (Rudolph)

I still wear my Christmas socks throughout the year. :)
    I need to get more Christmas socks this Christmas!
    We've been using our Christmas coasters lately.
    They are awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    They are awesome!!

I got them on sale in H&M a few months ago when I needed something to add to get free delivery. Worth keeping an eye out for more lovely Christmassy things in there this year!

Not weird at all. I have 3 Christmas mugs that I use all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Moved house over the weekend and therefore had to have all the Christmas stuff out. It's now front and centre in the shed and ready to go. We still haven't decided where the tree will go though. We also found rakes of booze which will be kept for December.

Nice find Jude. Good luck in the new house. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Not weird at all. I have 3 Christmas mugs that I use all year round.

Us too! I have a Santa mug in work as well that i use all year. There is always a few Christmas bits left here and there in the house.
    I see on the countdown that there is only 162 days to go, that means that last Christmas was over 200 days ago, i know we are all saying it but the year is just flying by :)

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Moved house over the weekend and therefore had to have all the Christmas stuff out. It's now front and centre in the shed and ready to go. We still haven't decided where the tree will go though. We also found rakes of booze which will be kept for December.

Jude you always seem to be on the move :D but I love the idea of periodically being able to root through my christmas supply haha

I go through stages where I declutter and reorganise everything at home. I was lit sat at my kitchen table looking around wondering where I can move side boards around etc and my only concern was picking a place that didn't affect where I put my tree .. it was right then I realised I should probably be committed :D fyi still haven't found a spot hahah

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Jude you always seem to be on the move :D but I love the idea of periodically being able to root through my christmas supply haha

I move about with work allot but thats during the week. We moved country two years ago and set up in a two bed place to keep cost down, now we are in our 'home till we move back to europe home'. So probably be here 2-10 years depending on the economy.

Our new place has lower ceilings due to ducted AC except for the centre of the room so we may have to put the tree right in the middle of the room in pride of place.

Our driveway has a louvered type concrete roof, the old tenants put a sheet of metal on it, perfect for a full size sleigh with reindeer!!!

I just have to find more outside lights, most on sale here are solar powered which are too weak.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I move about with work allot but thats during the week. We moved country two years ago and set up in a two bed place to keep cost down, now we are in our 'home till we move back to europe home'. So probably be here 2-10 years depending on the economy.

Our new place has lower ceilings due to ducted AC except for the centre of the room so we may have to put the tree right in the middle of the room in pride of place.

Our driveway has a louvered type concrete roof, the old tenants put a sheet of metal on it, perfect for a full size sleigh with reindeer!!!

I just have to find more outside lights, most on sale here are solar powered which are too weak.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures :)

My tree and stuff from our now old house are in the Christmas tree thread. I am still floating the idea of above the garage to my wife. I am hoping she will cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

C'mere fellow elves, Mr. Price has 6packs of red and green holographic eggs of that Christmas paper ribbon that can be curled with a scissors in stock as well as gold and silver bows. ;)

I am doing one of the most Christmassy things today.......suffering from too many drinks. It's a preview of December. I haven't had a drink in a few weeks and had about 5 last night. Hanging in the office today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I received a Christmas card on saturday, it is now on the mantelpiece at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

miamee wrote: »
    I received a Christmas card on saturday, it is now on the mantelpiece at home :D

Was it for last Christmas or next Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Last Christmas!
    I house shared with a friend until about October. I was back in the old place at the weekend for a visit and my friend had a few things I'd left behind. He'd also found an envelope that just had my name handwritten on it and he had no idea where it had come from. It was a Christmas card from his parents that he obvioulsy forgot all about :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement