Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Today is way too hot for me - no fun dragging a full leg cast around in this weather. I've spent the afternoon on the couch watching Christmas movies on Movies 24. OH thinks I need to be certified :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

My eldest son is getting an autism assistance dog over the coming weeks should be here by October were told. I've just ordered some Christmas themed doggie accessories for her to wear while we are out and about in December. Ds will lose his life hahah hr definitely inherited the christmas gene from me lol

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Today is way too hot for me - no fun dragging a full leg cast around in this weather. I've spent the afternoon on the couch watching Christmas movies on Movies 24. OH thinks I need to be certified :)

Oh no I feel your pain. Do you have crutches too ? Those things are just a torture device hahah ! Not at all indulge in a bit of christmas cheese. I had a day where I was sick a while ago so lay on the couch with a blanket and watched them all day in between sleeping lol really helps lift the mood. Enjoy x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've just booked Friday off work as I need a duvet day, so plan on spending the day in front of movies 24

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Not going to lie, I'm currently listening to my Christmas playlist in work. God bless headphones. :p

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh no I feel your pain. Do you have crutches too ? Those things are just a torture device hahah ! Not at all indulge in a bit of christmas cheese. I had a day where I was sick a while ago so lay on the couch with a blanket and watched them all day in between sleeping lol really helps lift the mood. Enjoy x

Thankfully I can walk small distances without crutches - they are awful things. Great news about the dog - don't forget to post some pictures of him/her in their Christmas regalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

Today (In Galway anyway) is so bleak and dark and dreary, that I have to switch the lights on but it makes the house feel kind of Christmassy and Decemebery!!

It's the same if I get up really early in the morning before the sun is up and have to turn on the lights - always makes me feel like Christmas morning!!:)

Today (In Galway anyway) is so bleak and dark and dreary, that I have to switch the lights on but it makes the house feel kind of Christmassy and Decemebery!!

It's the same if I get up really early in the morning before the sun is up and have to turn on the lights - always makes me feel like Christmas morning!!:)

It's the same here in Cork today. I just walked into the kitchen and I had to turn on the light. Feels very wintery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Lots of the stores are gearing up their Christmas collections. My Instagram stories are full of the style bloggers I follow at the various press days today.

Christmas in July!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hello!!! I'm baaaaack!!!

:D

And wow ye guys have kept the spirit of Christmas going! I had a great read catching up over the past 3 weeks worth of posts!

Firstly Stripedboxers I am so happy for you :D

I am beaming ear to ear reading your good news it's put me in such good form!

Now that my wedding and honeymoon have come and gone I am full steam ahead on the countdown to Christmas now! I was on IG briefly and saw the bloggers at Christmas events too and it just made me miss all of ye guys even more!

In true Christmas fashion I picked up a Christmas ornament in each place we visited on our honeymoon :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Are you back in work? I was back this week after being away and didn't know where I was! And that was only after one week's holiday!! :pac:

How's married life treating you? Pressure will be on this year- first time buying a Christmas present for your WIFE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Hallmark to release 33 new Christmas movies this year!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155478600053433&id=344794953432

And welcome back loughc and welcome to the club!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Just back from a week in Edinburgh, and bought some lovely Christmas Tree Decorations in the Castle....jAlso saw a
    Christmas Shop at the end of what my teenager calls Harry Potter alley...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm not really sure where to put this so I'll put it here. Watching this just gave me the serious Christmas feels!! And I've never even seen the movie :o

The Polar Express Train Ride, New Orleans

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Welcome back Loughc! Congratulations and hope you had a fantastic honeymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Argos Autumn/Winter catalogue is out on Saturday!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Are you back in work? I was back this week after being away and didn't know where I was! And that was only after one week's holiday!! :pac:

How's married life treating you? Pressure will be on this year- first time buying a Christmas present for your WIFE. :D

I've been back in work since Monday been so busy with reports I only got a chance to post here yesterday.

Yea I'm all over the place this week but on the upside tomorrow is Friday :D

Eeeek Christmas present shopping for the wife. When the hell did I grow up?

Loughc wrote: »

No growing up!

/stamps feet

Loughc wrote: »

Just think of it as having your very own Mrs. Claus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

Fruit for cake number 1 soaking!

9vtu9iu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Feels like Christmas with the weather we have today.

I really can't wait until autumn/winter seasons. The few months in the lead up to Christmas are just so fun.

Feels like Christmas with the weather we have today.

I really can't wait until autumn/winter seasons. The few months in the lead up to Christmas are just so fun.

So true. It's July but looks like October out there!

Fruit for cake number 1 soaking!

9vtu9iu.jpg

You're so organised. How many cake will you bake? I will do mine in late September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

No growing up!

/stamps feet

I always say "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

Welcome back loughc :)

Kitten I love that phrase about growing older not up :D so true !

Funthalia omg your so organised! Every year I say I'll make one and I don't ! How many willl you make ?? Or do u just like having it done super early?

Just wondering if anyone on here has ordered any of those personalised santa letters or list certs for children for christmas? Or can anyone recommend a seller or site for one they have been happy with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I get them every year from http://www.dearsanta.ie/ usually does be on offer on pigsback

John Heard the man who played Peter McCallister(Kevin's father) has died aged 72!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celebrity-news/john-heard-home-alone-dead-10851163

I can't believe he was 72! Home Alone always seems much more recent to me. We'll all have to watch Home Alone in his honour.

• Advertisement

I can't believe he was 72! Home Alone always seems much more recent to me. We'll all have to watch Home Alone in his honour.

It's 27 years old this year!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement