Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Very sad news. Home alone is probably my favorite Christmas film.

27 years! What, the film is 6 years older than me.

Ill watching this on Netflix tonight (if it's still on there)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Just back from a week in Edinburgh, and bought some lovely Christmas Tree Decorations in the Castle....jAlso saw a Christmas Shop at the end of what my teenager calls Harry Potter alley...

I love that Christmas shop. I used to spend a fortune in there anytime I was in Edinburgh. There used to be another Christmas shop on the Royal Mile. I am not sure if it is still there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://www.delish.com/food/a54325/best-christmas-inn/?src=socialflowFB

Time for a boards Christmas forum meet up me thinks. I pick this place as the location haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

I was in Pennys today and the staff where busy stocking the shelfs with Wolly Jumpers, Winter Coats and Boots. A real sign the Autumn is just around the corner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Christmas 24 channel is coming back soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Sorry I hadn't posted here in while - started in new job and there is no access to boards! :( no signal on phone in office either. Will read back over all posts some evening this week :) but in meantime........

How can you attach a picture on phone??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry I hadn't posted here in while - started in new job and there is no access to boards! :( no signal on phone in office either. Will read back over all posts some evening this week :) but in meantime........

How can you attach a picture on phone??

Congrats on the new job! :)

To attach a pic on the phone, I'm not sure there used to be an option but I can't seem to find it now, can any of our other elves help? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Congrats on the new job! :)

To attach a pic on the phone, I'm not sure there used to be an option but I can't seem to find it now, can any of our other elves help? :confused:

When you click 'reply' the 'attach files' should be under the reply box.

I just took a screenshot and attached it to this post.

Yep that's it! It's far too early in the morning for me to think. Thanks Toto! :)

I hit reply there and it just took me to a blank box below the thread- it is like quick reply but without an option to add attachment or smilies! I took a screen capture having forgotten I can't attach it! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I can't really take much more of this sun. At least the weather is somewhat cool today.

5 months until the big day. What a fast year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just created a facebook event for our annual Christmas eve eve get together for drinks to all my pals. Allot of invites accepted already. Need to spruce up the page with christmas countdowns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I discovered yesterday that RuPaul has TWO Christmas albums.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I just got 2 emails from different hotels advertising their Christmas booking prices. It's starting 😀

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I just got 2 emails from different hotels advertising their Christmas booking prices. It's starting 😀

Same and one of them was a cork hotel. We must be on the same mailing lists. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone planning trips to Christmas markets yet? I'm just off my summer hols so looking into it. We loved Prague two years ago so either somewhere else in central Europe or Scandinavia this time.

I saw an offer for Lapland last night so trying to convince him!! ;) €300ish for two nights with flights

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Anyone planning trips to Christmas markets yet? I'm just off my summer hols so looking into it. We loved Prague two years ago so either somewhere else in central Europe or Scandinavia this time.

Saw a good deal for a weekend trip to Dusseldorf in December so I booked that at the weekend :pac: We'll have almost 3 full days there so I'm thinking we might get the train to Cologne one of the days while we're there, I had planned to go there for the markets this year. It's all good :)

The Cologne markets are FAB. Definitely take a trip over there for the day, we did that a few years ago and it was deadly.

This year we're going to get the Copenhagen markets as part of our honeymoon! :D I had hoped there might be some in Oslo when we're there but it doesn't look like it unfortunately. And we'll check out the ones in Paris and Disneyland when we're there too. I'm getting so excited!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

I can officially join in in the Christmas prep for Christmas 2017 as I have just ordered matching Christmas pj's for myself and the OH!

It's our first Christmas together in our own place so I'm very excited about buying all the decorations etc. We have a trip to Prague booked for the 7th Dec so lots to look forward to and hoping to buy some memorable decorations there as well☺

• Advertisement

Ah, the first Christmas is lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I can officially join in in the Christmas prep for Christmas 2017 as I have just ordered matching Christmas pj's for myself and the OH!

It's our first Christmas together in our own place so I'm very excited about buying all the decorations etc. We have a trip to Prague booked for the 7th Dec so lots to look forward to and hoping to buy some memorable decorations there as well☺

Matching PJ's! Where did you get them?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Cologne markets are FAB. Definitely take a trip over there for the day, we did that a few years ago and it was deadly.

This year we're going to get the Copenhagen markets as part of our honeymoon! :D I had hoped there might be some in Oslo when we're there but it doesn't look like it unfortunately. And we'll check out the ones in Paris and Disneyland when we're there too. I'm getting so excited!!!!!

Ohhh, I'll have to go now on your recommendation :D

We were in Copenhagen last December! We made it to Tivoli gardens and around a few different things in the city. The nicest Christmas market area, in my opinion, was the one in Nyhavn, it's a canal dock, pretty buildings, lots of outdoor cafes (they have blankets and outdoor heaters so not too cold) and the market is at the end of the canal dock. We mostly drank Glugg and looked around, there was a very cool Viking stall selling handmade toy (and possibly real) Viking weaponry. Also the hotel opposite it had amazing Christmas decorations on the outside.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Had my annual, "it's Christmas, how could it be Christmas, I barely remember the run-up," dream last night. A bit later than usual as it tends to come in early summer but I'm so relieved to have all of the run-up to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

Cork Lass wrote: »
    You're so organised. How many cake will you bake? I will do mine in late September.

Thank you!!

I generally bake 3 - 4 cakes. All random different recipes!

Cake number 1 is a Delia from her first cook book.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/occasions/christmas/christmas-cakes-and-toppings/classic-christmas-cake

I incorporated chopped apricots in lieu of some of the grapes as I think it makes a juicier cake. Also, every cake I make is poisoned with sherry and brandy.

I am by nature an organised person but we run our own business and the run up to Christmas is somewhere between hectic and horrific!

Hopefully the first cake will be in the oven before next Monday so that I can honestly say I started in July!!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Matching PJ's! Where did you get them?

Got them on www.patpat.com
    I've never ordered from them before so I hope all goes ok, it seems to be a website much like aliexpress? €31 for his and hers! A colleague at work mentioned it to me this morning and of course I had to get them straight away!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

So cute. Which did you go for? Hope you get them in time to do your family Christmas card!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ah lads I'm very confused now - this morning I was looking at a week in Tenerife, but now I want to go the Christmas Markets. Did Berlin two years ago for my 40th with my SIL and it was lovely.

Has anyone done them travelling solo? How did it go? Is it like going on hols solo....no one really pays any attention to what other people are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

All of a sudden I'm very excited for Christmas! We went to Florida last Christmas so this will be our first one in our house we bought last year, first time for me cooking Christmas dinner and our daughter will be almost three... I just know Santa will lose the run of himself this year

• Advertisement

So cute. Which did you go for? Hope you get them in time to do your family Christmas card!:)

I went for red tops with a reindeer on them and kind of fair isle style patterned bottoms! Ooh they better be here before Christmas haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement