Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooooh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

A photo of my "boys" last Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cork Lass wrote: »

Oh my god!!! Adorable!!

I LOVE THEM!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Cork Lass wrote: »

Such a gorgeous photo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg cork lass That is just adorable !! :)<3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Oh I follow Central Floral Supplies on facebook just for their Christmas stuff, so I can dream about what I could do if my budget and house were bigger!! It is a wholesaler, but anyone can order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Kellog's is launching an advent calendar! It says it will be exclusively available in Tesco so hopefully that includes Tesco in Ireland. (I don't even like cereal, but anything Christmas is okay with me!)

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/01/kelloggs-is-launching-a-cereal-themed-advent-calendar-for-some-reason-6821482/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Did anyone see this job advertisement for Monarch?? My DREAM Job!! :D:P only I have an actual job so I wouldnt be able to....:(

https://www.jobalert.ie/job/monarch-finland-2-magical-staff-wanted-for-lapland/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

listened to that song "A Winters Tale" sung by Juliet Turner last night for the first time. I don't allow myself to listen to it until August!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    listened to that song "A Winters Tale" sung by Juliet Turner last night for the first time. I don't allow myself to listen to it until August!

Going by the weather out there today it looks like a winter's tale out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi 0/. I haven't been here in ages. Over the last few days I've felt the Christmas spirit begin to creep up and then this morning it has hit me with a bang. HOW can we be expected to wait a whole 140something days?!

My husband keeps saying "at least wait until after our summer holiday to start talking about Christmas".

We also have a birthday the week before Christmas, little boy will be 3. So this morning I've chosen a birthday and a Christmas gift. But I love them so much I want to order and give them now. I guess I better get started on finding a gift for him that's not really for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Whispered wrote: »
    Hi 0/. I haven't been here in ages. Over the last few days I've felt the Christmas spirit begin to creep up and then this morning it has hit me with a bang. HOW can we be expected to wait a whole 140something days?!

My husband keeps saying "at least wait until after our summer holiday to start talking about Christmas".

We also have a birthday the week before Christmas, little boy will be 3. So this morning I've chosen a birthday and a Christmas gift. But I love them so much I want to order and give them now. I guess I better get started on finding a gift for him that's not really for me.

What you getting him? Our little girl will be 2 and 8 months at Christmas and I've such a long list for her of things I want to get her it's actually ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hoping to get a Grimms rainbow and a "wobbel" board. They both look so much fun! One for birthday and one for Christmas.
    Also thinking maybe a small inexpensive drum set and then puzzles and books for in his stocking. Although a play kitchen would go down well too, as would any sort of set of animals/people. It's so hard to decide!

What's on your list?

Are You ridiculously exited too because of the age? They'll know what's going on this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Whispered wrote: »
    Hoping to get a Grimms rainbow and a "wobbel" board. They both look so much fun! One for birthday and one for Christmas.
    Also thinking maybe a small inexpensive drum set and then puzzles and books for in his stocking. Although a play kitchen would go down well too, as would any sort of set of animals/people. It's so hard to decide!

What's on your list?

Are You ridiculously exited too because of the age? They'll know what's going on this year!

Haha rainbow and wobbel board are on my list too but I've seen another small independent company that does the boards at a much better price - I'm sure I've screenshotted it somewhere I'll PM you when I come across it. I want to get her a proper baby doll with bits and pieces like bottle, a scooter, more Duplo, some Disney bits as she's really into some of the films now... need to have a word with myself it's far too much.

Yeah I think the age is the main thing that has me giddy! I've always loved Christmas but it's ten times more exciting this year. It'll be our first Christmas in our own house and we were away last Christmas so didn't have the full Christmas experience

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

I live in Galway.

Very near the races. I hate the races. Not only is it race week, but an hour doesn't pass with out the rain coming down.

To cheer myself up, I watched Christmas ads on Youtube. It worked!

xnhk8OI.png

Anyone fancy being Senior Brand Manager for Christmas at Nestle?

http://www.nestle.co.uk/media/newsfeatures/our-quirkiest-job-title-yet-hint-its-christmas-themed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Popped into smyths after bringing mother in laws car up for a service and came out possibly broke and with bags of toys all on offer.. jurassic world dinosaurs , Thomas play sets , board games , star wars vehicles etc.. feeling very productive today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Bought me first Xmas present yesterday.

Spotted a perfume that she's been after for years and we've never found it in Ireland so when we saw it and it was on sale I said I'd pick it up for her for Christmas.

Least I've made a start :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anyone fancy being Senior Brand Manager for Christmas at Nestle?

http://www.nestle.co.uk/media/newsfeatures/our-quirkiest-job-title-yet-hint-its-christmas-themed

Will you give me a reference?

• Advertisement

Will you give me a reference?

"freshpopcorn is a Christmas fanatic whose innovative ideas, such as adding fresh popcorn to chocolate, will be an asset at Nestle."

If that's not what they want, they need to take a good hard look at themselves.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

"freshpopcorn is a Christmas fanatic whose innovative ideas, such as adding fresh popcorn to chocolate, will be an asset at Nestle."

If that's not what they want, they need to take a good hard look at themselves.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who adds chocolate to popcorn :)

I may have watched a few Christmas films today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Only 20 weeks to Christmas!!! Last night was definitely one of the most wintery evenings yet, heating was put on to "take the chill out of the house" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Looking for an excuse to go to Dublin, When is BT Christmas shop opening?

lycan238 wrote: »

I think it's usually mid to late August. I was in there the other day and there was no sign of any movement yet. Usually there will be a sign that it's opening soon when people start complaining online that the staff are putting Christmas trees up in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I think it's usually mid to late August. I was in there the other day and there was no sign of any movement yet. Usually there will be a sign that it's opening soon when people start complaining online that the staff are putting Christmas trees up in there!

Yeah I have to go up to buy shoes in skechers (or however you spell it) and I will call round by it. Its a bit of a pain to go up on the bus to it. Also I will be in Dublin a few more times at events between now and Christmas so might call back in nearer December.

lycan238 wrote: »

Last year it opened on the 18th of August!

I went back and viewed what I liked on Facebook and it's nearly all about Christmas!

• Advertisement

Last year it opened on the 18th of August!
    OH MY GOD THAT'S 10 DAYS FROM NOW!!!!

I mean... cool, whatevs. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement