Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

As a bonus BT Christmas shop tip, the toilets on that floor are really nice. Worth a visit. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only 20 Mondays to Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Only 20 Mondays to Christmas :D

With every Monday it will begin to feel a little more Christmassy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm planning on making some decorations this year, hopefully I can make them :)

I've also had a clear out of some of our current decs and plan on getting a few more, nicer one this year too.

We need a new tree as well so I've been looking around online trying to find some ideas for a nice one that isn't too expensive.

I love how this tree looks so I'm thinking I'll go with a gold theme this year, similar to last year.

5946f49efc9bf302397931e434bb63c9--classy-christmas-gold-christmas-tree.jpg

I love this tree skirt. Wonder if I could find something similar to it that isn't expensive.

66e47d87b3e988447a151ac9b32c2a94.jpg

I might try putting something like this together for our porch maybe. I just love how it looks.

Glamorous-Pastel-D%C3%A9cor-Ideas-to-Brighten-Up-Your-Christmas_075.jpg

I came across this video on YouTube the other day and love how the tree looks. I'd love to get some of those gold ferns/picks and put them on our tree this year.

We need a garland as well as the one we have scratches the mantle piece so we're keeping an eye out for one that won't scratch it. Hopefully we can find one, that again, isn't too expensive.

The same girl has this video on her garland, its nice, but I wouldn't put the pink flowers in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Major Christmas tree envy looking at those pics!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Those Christmas trees are beautiful - my house is more Father Christmas threw up glitter and multi coloured tack everywhere but I love how they look

Those Christmas trees are beautiful - my house is more Father Christmas threw up glitter and multi coloured tack everywhere but I love how they look

We do a tacky tree and a silver/white/blue themed tree. They look nice up close and have nice balls on them but in photo's they don't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Getting very excited reading through all posts!! :D Felt very autumn ish this morning so not long until winter mornings!! :D Think I have a free weekend this week so might start on Christmas crafts!

There's a definite chill in the air the last couple of mornings. I've noticed a few mentions of Christmas here and there recently too. Nigel Slater tweeted the cover of his new Christmas cookbook and I got an email that mentioned the perfect Christmas gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I'm wearing my new penny's knit jumper this morning hahah tempted to break out the ugg boats too it's so autumny ! :) I'm on the hunt for hurricane glass for Halloween and then christmas displays today and off to pick up a radiator cover lol time to start getting the house ready and do th big clear out !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I just found my new favourite gif.

giphy.gif

All my friends are starting to moan about people (me, tbh) talking about Christmas.

NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL WHEN PEOPLE WISH FOR SUMMER ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've started my annual delegation of my toy purchases oversupply to family who hate shopping or won't be here for S's birthday/Christmas. I'm just too keen a bargain hunter, so even though I hit a point where I know S has enough bar whatever "last minute" request he makes in November, how can I not buy a Lego set that he loves that's €57 in Smyths and €12 online? That would be crazy right?

So I buy it and give it to my brother and explain that if he gives it to S shortly after we arrive on Christmas day, he and S could build it while I help my mum with dinner. It will perfectly occupy S in a way that's special and exciting and won't feel like a boring lull after having to abandon his Santa toys to come for a dinner that's not ready yet.

Iguana, I feel like your skills should be used in world politics. :D

Hmmm... I wonder what Donald Trump would build if he had lego blocks?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Hmmm... I wonder what Donald Trump would build if he had lego blocks?

A wall I guess....

Correct!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I accidentally watched 'Four Christmases' the other night. And the night before my mother accidentally watched 'Christmas With The Kranks'. And yesterday my brother accidentally put on the Michael Bublé Christmas Album.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

iguana wrote: »
    I've started my annual delegation of my toy purchases oversupply to family who hate shopping or won't be here for S's birthday/Christmas. I'm just too keen a bargain hunter, so even though I hit a point where I know S has enough bar whatever "last minute" request he makes in November, how can I not buy a Lego set that he loves that's €57 in Smyths and €12 online? That would be crazy right?

So I buy it and give it to my brother and explain that if he gives it to S shortly after we arrive on Christmas day, he and S could build it while I help my mum with dinner. It will perfectly occupy S in a way that's special and exciting and won't feel like a boring lull after having to abandon his Santa toys to come for a dinner that's not ready yet.

I love this idea!! I always end up with too much for nieces and nephews because I tend to pick up bargains through the year and forget about them until we put up our Christmas tree! May copy you and pass them on to other aunts/uncles!! ;)

Alicat wrote: »
    I accidentally watched 'Four Christmases' the other night. And the night before my mother accidentally watched 'Christmas With The Kranks'. And yesterday my brother accidentally put on the Michael Bublé Christmas Album.

"accidentally".

giphy.gif

I think we all need to accidentally do something Christmassy this weekend!

The benefit of my job is that I get to spend a lot of my day on Twitter looking at foodie tweets and I've noticed a lot of mentions of pumpkin spice over the last couple of days. There's no denying that autumn is on the way at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

"accidentally".

giphy.gif

We are a very accident-prone family :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I know I'm looking forward to winter and Christmas when I love going into the shed so I can smell all the turf stacked there. And I don't want to come out again until I have a fire to build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm so over Summer. I can't wait for dark, cold evening walks, the Christmas cups in Starbucks and dressing for a season I can actually work with (Summer does no favors to the insecure!).

Autumn/winter has always been my favourite season but after a particularly crap last 3-4 months I'm looking forward to it even more this year. Christmas is my happy place.

I live just outside a smallish town. I keep on planning on going to a city/shopping center and I keep on putting it off because there's nothing really to look at mainly because the Christmas stuff isn't out yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

just finished the christmas shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    just finished the christmas shopping

Already?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

81 days until the 1st of November, just thing of waiting for the first Christmas ad!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

81 days until the 1st of November, just thing of waiting for the first Christmas ad!:):)

I know, it's great when the first one comes on. I know we all love Christmas all year round and we count it down all year. But when does your countdown really begin?
    For me its Sept 1st, there's just over a 100 days to go and non Christmas types start mentioning it a bit and the weather really starts to cool down.
    Once Halloween gets out of the way then it's defo all steam ahead :)

I know, it's great when the first one comes on. I know we all love Christmas all year round and we count it down all year. But when does your countdown really begin?

I'm about the same as you.It really starts tough when the stuff begins to appear in the shops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Was in a lovely independent toy shop yesterday and the owner was telling me he'll be getting the Ravensburger Christmas jigsaws in at the end of next month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement