Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I just ordered this as a fun December project!!!!!
    Screen_Shot_2017_08_15_at_12_21_05.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yay they just confirmed on the news that the BT Christmas shop is opening on Thursday!

miamee wrote: »

Getting ready for the angry/shocked reaction on Facebook of people moaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

miamee wrote: »

Ohhh wish I live in Dublin so I could head over there!!lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Absolutely buzzing for the next few months.

What are the chances of snow this year, do we all think in here?

Probably slim, but one can hope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pretty slim I reckon. Which is a shame as I'd love snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I just read that they're opening in Dundrum in October so if you're in Dublin at any stage after that you'll be able to have a proper browse and pick up some goodies. I like their advent calendars.
    I didn't realise this. I will be in Dublin a lot, mostly in the city, but I may take a trip to Dundrum now :P

More Brown Thomas Christmas 2017!

DHSDEkAWsAAvBQZ.jpg

DHSDEkBXYAI167O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Looking a bit like Harrodds in the good old days......are they open? I asked on Twitter earlier on is they are open on Thursday and I got a very terse reply that it will open at the end of August....:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

AIQe2GH.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm so excited. I'll be in there on Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I may not be coming home this Christmas so the chances of snow will increase. last time I wasn't coming home was the year of the big snow.Last day of the week, in full knowledge I wasn't going home and my Client decided to change their mind and needed to review strategy over Christmas. Que me going online and booking tickets for that night. It was the year of the big snow and it took me a day to get home but I came home to a white Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Anyone else think there's less 'too early for Christmas' stuff on social media this year? I think the weather is probably helping! Or people haven't realised BT are opening the Christmas shop. Or maybe people are coming around to our way of thinking.

I'd be well annoyed if I read that and went to Brown Thomas only to discover that it isn't open yet! :pac:

Brown Thomas Christmas shop also opens in Cork Tomorrow!

Does anyone know if BT Galway has a Christmas shop?

Yeah, I think all the BTs are opening their Christmas shops on the same day.

I hope it's the latter, Toto!
    Although I try and avoid the comments section of articles like that because they'll only annoy me!

EDIT: I don't see Galway mentioned on social media. We will need an Elf to go check it out for us!! ;)

I started a thread over on After Hours about Brown Thomas opening their Christmas shop!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I started a thread over on After Hours about Brown Thomas opening their Christmas shop!:D

They'll crucify you :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh that's not going to end well haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Seen that earlier on my dad's phone.

In other news I feel like going around my house tomorrow morning chanting 'wonderful' and proclaiming that my bank balance will be 'deleted' with this news. In actual fact might be able to move things one way or another to get up on Sunday but my dad will think I'm crazy. (I need to know directions from M50 to Cayton Hotel Burlington road to RDS and to St Stephens Green for October he is going to show me).

Loughc wrote: »

They had some Harry Potter baubles last year and they were very cool. This year's stuff looks great!

My thread disusing Brown Thomas opening their Christmas shop was moved very briefly to this forum and then closed. I PM'd the mod and they said it's to early to be disusing X-mas in After Hours (I don't know how somebody can call Christmas X-mas It's just so wrong).
    This actually good news. No thread moaning about Brown Thomas opening their Christmas shop this year!

It was moved over here, as this would clearly be the appropriate place for a thread about Christmas.

I have closed it for now, pending a chat with Loughc, as it appears to have been started just to ruffle the feathers of the AH posters. Besides, I think we already have enough (positive) chat about BT over here already.

Posy wrote: »
    It was moved over here, as this would clearly be the appropriate place for a thread about Christmas.

I have closed it for now, pending a chat with Loughc, as it appears to have been started just to ruffle the feathers of the AH posters. Besides, I think we already have enough (positive) chat about BT over here already.

No need to reopen it!
    It was mainly just to start the thread off on a positive but the mod says new rules apply now because of new mods and Christmas talk isn't allowed.
    They also said they hate Christmas!

But we love Christmas!

So stay in here, where it's safe. I can't have you wandering off again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

(I don't know how somebody can call Christmas X-mas It's just so wrong).

My dad told me that the X meant Jesus, quick google search give me the below:

X” is indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek , meaning “Christ”

Now I'm not normally a violent man but if anyone said "happy holidays" to me......

• Advertisement

20840867_10155682290853724_4660858110278112343_n.jpg?oh=a901e196ced6cd2d0400223e945a89ea&oe=5A34773C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement