Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sorry for posting here again!

I noticed these two duvets sets on the Heatons website!

http://www.heatonsstores.com/linens-and-lace-stag-pr-fllnl-72-998680?colcode=99868001

http://www.heatonsstores.com/linens-and-lace-penguin-print-flannel-duvet-set-998679?colcode=99867901

Use this discount code COLL50 for a further 50% off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone ever see this movie? http://www.sky.com/tv/movie/a-merry-christmas-miracle-2014

I saw it on my Sky channel thingymajig and it sounded good, so I am downloading it now. Hopefully it is good.

Couldn't find it under the name A Merry Christmas Miracle but found it under the name A Merry Friggin' Christmas. Don't know why its under two different names :confused:

Was looking on BTs site at Xmas trees and I love this one, think €240 is a bit expensive though, can't imagine mam going for it :(

http://www.brownthomas.com/living/the-christmas-shop/christmas-trees/islington-fir-tree-7.5ft/86x709x114ksg75.html?dwvar_86x709x114ksg75_color=Clear&cgid=christmas-trees

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

A good quality tree will last you years! We have ours eight years now and it still looks great!

Alicat wrote: »
    A good quality tree will last you years! We have ours eight years now and it still looks great!

I agree, but persuading my mam to buy an expensive tree is a tough job, I just don't think she will go for it but we will see! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My tree is a BT tree and Alicat is right, you're paying for the quality and for a tree that will last. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

A few new threads on the main page, it's beginning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Started the big clothes and toy clear out this weekend :p taking out the winter clothes now and sorting what we need to stock up on ! Can't wait til kids go back to school then off the BT christmas shop I go. Seen some tins of sweets arrive in dunnes! and am going to de frost the freezer next week too to stack stocking up again :)
    Christmas jobs have begun in the glitz household hahah

One thing I often do on Boards is I very all the other threads/forums I'm in first and then save the Christmas one's to last to cheer me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Got my first fleece pjs in Penneys today! :P also got a massive new fleece blanket last day in Heatons reduced to €12 from €30 too!

I may take daddy's Christmas tree this year he bought it last year but he felt it was too big for his living room! 10ft!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Thanks for the posts about the duvets ! Just ordered 2 new single duvets for the mini glitzs' and the reindeer duvet set for myself ;) and one very happy mini glitz who will have a new pug duvet set ( he is dog crazy ) ! Christmas is almost here when your buying new duvets !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Those duvet covers are fantastic value.

We just spent a fab weekend away and we finished it with a delicious hot chocolate before hopping in the car. I definitely want to find somewhere cosy to have a hot chocolate in Dublin on one of the (hopefully) cold days in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I've noticed in the last week or so how much darker it is getting up in the morning for work, and the evenings are closing in too - usually almost dark by 9pm now or even earlier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Loughc wrote: »
    Welcome back Cinnamony glad your spirit is back! :)

Less than 15 weeks to December oh hell yes!!!

Thanks Loughc! Glad its back too, it was AWFUL being a Grinch!
    So this is how my mom feels like all the time eh... :pac:

Have been seeing some Halloween stuff in the shops, honestly can't wait for the coffee shops to release their autumn drinks as that's the biggest check mark on my list. Once Autumn fully hits it becomes "acceptable" in this unloving society to talk about Christmas plans :D

Saw this and had to post it :o :P

425832.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Caught my husband going around humming jingle bells yesterday. I've complained about him being a grinch before. This year we have a baba at an age to understand. Also things are looking up for him on the job front. So I think he's allowing himself get carried away with it this year.

With that in mind I've put the toddlers reindeer cushion on his bed and started to teach him Rudolf the red nose reindeer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

You know what striped boxers you just reminded me of another job I have to do before the madness that is September 2017. Do up my Christmas favs 2017 youtube playlist. I will let you folks know when its done but for now any suggestions anyone? (to look at my current one search youtube for 'lycan238's christmas favs') thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

I am currently feeling delighted with myself as I have happened upon last years M&S Mandarin, Clove and Cinnamon Room Spray. It still smells nice!

452J6dT.jpg

The Rose of Tralee is on another step closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Christmas was mentioned at least three times today during a radio discussion about the new traffic regulations on the quays in Dublin:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Gutted!!!!! I have twin niece and nephew 6 months older than S and every Christmas (and birthday) I always know exactly what to get for nephew and am never so sure for niece. I don't especially like to gender toys (S has loads of Barbie/My Little Pony/Equestria Girls toys that he loves) but I want each twin to have a present that feels 'theirs' and that often means getting something I'm less familiar with for my niece. So every year I know without doubt that my nephew will love his present but I either end up with something I'm not so sure of for my niece or something a bit boringly predictable, like a Frozen set. But we were visiting them this weekend and I had a bit of recon in mind, and had a few conversations intended to work out what I might get her. Then last night I had a google and found the perfect toy. Total wow factor, knocking it out of the park toy. It was a bit above my budget but too good to pass up on. I went to buy it but the site only had my old card details saved so I figured I'd just buy it tomorrow (Monday) when I got home to my laptop, rather than enter my details on my phone.

And of course it's bloody doubled in price!!! :( I'm kicking myself. Hopefully it will go on sale again with lots of time before the big day.

Ah I'm sure it will... that's the good thing about being a Christmas early bird. :)

20988331_1535817963150247_8173562844607938689_o.jpg?oh=46f541518128a6ab18ca3c5ec6b07a4e&oe=5A1EA417

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There's a movie screening on Fade St this weekend. They did a poll on Twitter to choose the movie. Willy Wonka won! A Christmas classic in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mol1979

So guys I am new to boards but have been following this thread for the last year and a half and I love love love it. My birthday and wedding anniversary are December are well so Christmas is a special time of year for me.

Ventured into Christmas shop in BT's in limerick the other day and bought 2 of the personalized Christmas stockings for my 2 boys. Missed out on them last year. They told me at the counter they sold 4 trees there over the weekend. So obviously plenty of people in limerick counting down the days to Christmas.

Kitten_K can I ask where did you see those personalized sleighs? could be going on my wish list. Looking forward to the Christmas chat over the next 18 weeks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Welcome to the happiest Forum on boards Mol1979! :)

We're looking forward to chatting Christmas with you too! :)

For anyone who bought a BT Christmas tree would you recommend them?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

iguana wrote: »
    I just ordered this as a fun December project!!!!!
    https://image.ibb.co/cdiHjv/Screen_Shot_2017_08_15_at_12_21_05.png

Got one last year, it's a gorgeous little set, and a fun build! The tree construction is really interesting! Enjoy it! :D

On the subject of the christmas trees, considering splashing out this year or next for a PE tree, rather than the PVC one we currently have. Only problem is we've limited space, so it would have to be a slim tree.

Loughc wrote: »
    For anyone who bought a BT Christmas tree would you recommend them?
    I would. I love my tree. :)
    It's one of the slim BT trees, but very full bodied. I can't comment on it's lastability because I've only had it 2 Christmases and I haven't seen it since the new year. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement

GOOD HEAVENS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement