Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Loughc wrote: »

For anyone who bought a BT Christmas tree would you recommend them?

We bought once in 2013 and it looks as good as new! It's a 7.5ft one and it puts our old one to shame! We still use the old one but hope to someday buy a second one like the BT one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Saw these in Dunnes today

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Saw these in Dunnes today

I may have bought some (and I'm already dipping into the Heros!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I am *sorely* tempted by that wine advent calendar! Might see how the funds are closer to the time....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I wonder are they available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

These glass jars are at Aldi on Sunday the 27th they might suit people who are into making preserves/jams/etc as gifts.

9oiwCsIZ5tqqPg0m7EBMQbhttwHJhviM4LIjVU8iaDbyteASTDriB9m8bhhnIBEYc7MpoK4BoAbUhLbS3yBs_Kh9hWeLpWGenK5jgkYnBkYHFM8ibv39R9g5QiU7PfCvMRmoOqyMz0wqwcRE39IzuijwyVK_WT9-WyKgPPGv9-1vSvTJ2ComDogTzLIRko8caFNTyr5XDTQ7dmzqB22DWa-HOAtAvsyWqX3c1vT-gBXlObc8HpOHJJD_pafSLkz3IMWDH77dsbyAJhl4Z8CkjBGTPV-fFqnvOri4ySNYZAECPjKNVg3jrLduUvo1ls7DYkha86DyUWDljzoGUuClhdB6E35emmNLrKi6CpzYeKTCcKmkIJtNuuaFzAcEgwo53-zjEDLtH5SJZvfWzpqERMEdnPQuGpoLcOV9YAsTCA8QBnfiVldTDEiCnq90zigSfEt6ZUuhuqAMNf79bY3nPORjX8HvbYIy72rAevshcpBzjAtoZmEb2s386xUomKXUAk31LUuiW04e-goeUzqQI5cbdJFE5h-ZYT3Y2CAhFg9AiQAPY0WAuyhUTv1q37L9Ooujk7JzrNuR1TEew53N-Hm2kML64eWT_Vv--2lfZdOch1_0XMNI=w398-h662-no

Tesco had new box's of Nestle Dairy Box in today. There's a good few new sweets in them this year.HbMkDgTNx5O4F3GVLTD4dLy7FuT9Zqahesuz3cKv__W2MfSzvOO-xaCtQypXxfXvrjQTL9cS2Wb23ISMBM0HHdspFkbqI_GpCzflxC8XJKTSahTWG-Ma9CdmNypuRaVnDqLIUZ2wjYPRvdC7lUfT5ARWh_LeKaGyfOCc1kM3kfzd4Xj2Bmf5lDLpRa2tYPaWIsDkmhOclTAMBslqLWFiLKn2_V8OXv7cjqLQXfAlD2CwW_bWHYqWMKpDw6FjI-m1V-X7s2G5Lmk5UuADB-F1s81CBEoqora5gDsUgoMgY7BR3KN9n8mOZq0Cv9q3DKOhqcLD8DcKP0mOQmiR25OEmiQcad_dZQrAI3k72bH3n2AsSwJDm0B4l8WuAtW-MKQ-13PCVzMZpNDvvHrbpdqCJI8dZ2J7J-jMCaUq8h5GOJvzLHzNAwjOr-p1XeqNpjWk6w_bpnhlwUFAdgn0l0pGrFYCinK_jZs7utVz6rhxH4Zj3DckbecmIs8VhMbISA96HL7UCjH5I131ZnJEP7ZoC6Myhir0E5dI8m6GolFUHmmTYoMcf461NYEoBjaTwsx8OhcL9NOx4nRebqMyEQ4Bc15bBqkQOYq1EZP-3HybK3CmwkPJ5_pv=w1104-h662-no

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh... looks good. I LOVE Dairy Box.

I looked at that and thought they had done away with the raspberry for a moment and actually almost started hyperventilating.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Went into The Range today to be greeted by full on Halloween displays. Autumn is officially well underway.

• Advertisement

X-factor is returning the 2nd of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

mol1979 wrote: »
    Kitten_K can I ask where did you see those personalized sleighs?

I seen them here. I have never ordered from them though:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1232601846843797&id=626766470760674

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Is there a reason I can't see freshpopcorns pics?

I have been taking stock of time until Christmas and its going to fly, I have very few weekends free.

September: Brunch with pals one weekend, then work golf day the next weeked (hate golf), then Yank friends are coming for Saint Practice day which is 6 months before St Patrick's day so we practice getting drunk.

October: My folks visit for 10 days

November: My OH's folks visit for 10 days

December: Dubai 7;s rugby weekend, Elton John Concert, work Christmas party and then hopefully fly home.

January onwards are going to be really boring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Is there a reason I can't see freshpopcorns pics?

I can't see them either on touch or full site and on both wifi and mobile data.

Im the same, no idea what a touch site is but I wont judge you, what you do in your own home etc.. ;)

Thought work had brought in some new restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I can't see them either.

Jude - I love the idea of St Practice day!

kitten_k wrote: »
    I can't see them either.

Jude - I love the idea of St Practice day!

Im sure it will be like the 12 pubs, we were the only college class we knew of doing it 15 years ago, no its over done. St Practice day will go the same way (insert meme of something saying 'i liked it before it was cool')

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I can see both pics. It's getting close to Christmas now I can almost smell the cinnamon :D

*shudders* cinnamon is Christmas Kryptinite.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Did someone say cinnamon............ :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh no, not again. :D I hate cinnamon haha.

Hehe!!! Couldn't resist!! ;) :P

It's like a Christmas panto.

Normal people: "Cinnamon is evil!"
    Weirdos: "Oh no it's not"

Etc etc

It's like a Christmas panto.

Normal people: "Cinnamon is evil!"
    Weirdos: "Oh no it's not"

Etc etc

Think you meant

Weirdos: "Cinnamon is evil!"
    Normal people: "Oh no it's not"

:D:P:D:P

Okay we got cinnamon out of the way, on to Roses v Quality Street, then Real v Fake Tree (#faketreefakechristmas)

Roses and fake tree for me. That is done now!haha!

I would like a real tree better with smell but I love sentimental **** so fake tree with me because it collects memories every year :D

Diva, I honestly think that you may just be here to wind me up. Wrong on all three.

Tesco had new box's of Nestle Dairy Box in today. There's a good few new sweets in them this year.HbMkDgTNx5O4F3GVLTD4dLy7FuT9Zqahesuz3cKv__W2MfSzvOO-xaCtQypXxfXvrjQTL9cS2Wb23ISMBM0HHdspFkbqI_GpCzflxC8XJKTSahTWG-Ma9CdmNypuRaVnDqLIUZ2wjYPRvdC7lUfT5ARWh_LeKaGyfOCc1kM3kfzd4Xj2Bmf5lDLpRa2tYPaWIsDkmhOclTAMBslqLWFiLKn2_V8OXv7cjqLQXfAlD2CwW_bWHYqWMKpDw6FjI-m1V-X7s2G5Lmk5UuADB-F1s81CBEoqora5gDsUgoMgY7BR3KN9n8mOZq0Cv9q3DKOhqcLD8DcKP0mOQmiR25OEmiQcad_dZQrAI3k72bH3n2AsSwJDm0B4l8WuAtW-MKQ-13PCVzMZpNDvvHrbpdqCJI8dZ2J7J-jMCaUq8h5GOJvzLHzNAwjOr-p1XeqNpjWk6w_bpnhlwUFAdgn0l0pGrFYCinK_jZs7utVz6rhxH4Zj3DckbecmIs8VhMbISA96HL7UCjH5I131ZnJEP7ZoC6Myhir0E5dI8m6GolFUHmmTYoMcf461NYEoBjaTwsx8OhcL9NOx4nRebqMyEQ4Bc15bBqkQOYq1EZP-3HybK3CmwkPJ5_pv=w1104-h662-no

Hey freshpopcorn, how are you uploading your pics to here? I can't view them, on the main site they don't show at all and the touch site just shows a line where your pic should be?

Diva, I honestly think that you may just be here to wind me up. Wrong on all three.

Maybe I'm! ;) Is it possible to get a real tree over there? I'm the only one who would like quality street in my house so never have it

• Advertisement

I actually have a fake tree, but would prefer a real one. You can get real ones here but they are so dead and dried out and start at about 300 euros. That plus our dog eats it makes it a no no.

I think I will check out heroes this year as I have never bought them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement