Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Heros are the winner in this house - I love the Creme Egg one

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Quality Street for me,

But lately Celebrations and Miniature Heroes are stealing the show in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like to keep a box of Ferrero Rocher in the house at Christmas in case the ambassador fancies popping in for a drink. :pac: After Eights are nice to have at Christmas too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I like to keep a box of Ferrero Rocher in the house at Christmas in case the ambassador fancies popping in for a drink. :pac: After Eights are nice to have at Christmas too.

Oh god yes, I love After Eights, I will not go off on a rant about how small they've gotten tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Jude13 wrote: »
    I actually have a fake tree, but would prefer a real one. You can get real ones here but they are so dead and dried out and start at about 300 euros. That plus our dog eats it makes it a no no.

I think I will check out heroes this year as I have never bought them.
    Start at €300??? :eek: That is madness! I told hubby that when we get our own place we would get a real tree so hopefully!

Hubby's parents are in supplies business so they always get too many sweets at Christmas and pass it on to us- Ferrero Rocher always!! But I have to say we LOVE Lindt!!! :D

• Advertisement

Hubby's parents are in supplies business so they always get too many sweets at Christmas and pass it on to us- Ferrero Rocher always!! But I have to say we LOVE Lindt!!! :D

OMG Lindt! How could I forget about them they're my absolute favorite! The Chocolate Lindor Balls are amazing!

Lindt has now become my Easter Egg of choice and last year my OH got my a Lindt Advent Calendar.

Loughc wrote: »
    OMG Lindt! How could I forget about them they're my absolute favorite! The Chocolate Lindor Balls are amazing!

Lindt has now become my Easter Egg of choice and last year my OH got my a Lindt Advent Calendar.

We had them given out to guests at our wedding for their tea/coffee!! ;) I always get hubby a Lindt Easter Egg and warns him to get me another one! :P Also always get Lindt Advent Calendar in Sainsbury when I'm in Derry after Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Just seen an article about the late late toy show 😀😀
    It s on Friday the first of December

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0824/899711-ryan-tubridy-late-late-toy-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Roses and fake tree for me. That is done now!haha!

I would like a real tree better with smell but I love sentimental **** so fake tree with me because it collects memories every year :D

+1 here. Although ( brace yourselves. ..) am strongly thinking of not getting either roses or quality street this year they were awful last year. Think it may be celebrations all the way :)

Heatons start their half price toy sale event this Friday too ! That should be on the ckeck list lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We buy a tin of each QS/Roses/Celebrations and Heroes and mix them all up and everyone can dip in :) Roses chocolate has changed a lot :( Dunne's have them for sale at €4

Autosport wrote: »
    We buy a tin of each QS/Roses/Celebrations and Heroes and mix them all up and everyone can dip in :) Roses chocolate has changed a lot :( Dunne's have them for sale at €4

And the 4 tins together prob only equal the weight of the tins we had when we were kids :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I went over to my parents' house for dinner, and my brother and his girlfriend came over too. I'm not quite sure how it happened but we were all listening to Christmas music, with the lights off and candles lit for the past hour, discussing decorations! :)

The secondary school beside us is back today - that's a good sign!

Found out that my section don't do secret santa :( The last section I was did it so was thinking that maybe I'd get it organised but one of girls said noooooooo lol

4 Months to the Big Day folks!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    4 Months to the Big Day folks!! :eek:

Crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Found out that my section don't do secret santa :( The last section I was did it so was thinking that maybe I'd get it organised but one of girls said noooooooo lol

We do it in our section at work, but it's optional. One of the girls here found a website that even does the random draw of who gets who for you. Just because one person said no, don't let that put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A few years ago I got a few balls in Brown Thomas and they had about 25% it was sometime in November.
    Does anybody know what time in November this takes place or was it just a once off?

Does anyone know when the disney store in Dublin get their christmas decorations in ?

Shopping today in heatons half price toy sale ! Got a load of offers.! Nearly done now ! :)

• Advertisement

The evenings are getting shorter!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Does anyone know when the disney store in Dublin get their christmas decorations in ?

As far as I know they have the little glass tree decorations in all year long. I walk past it every day, I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know!

21078500_10155706615528724_7588565894395441521_n.jpg?oh=222dd6dd8c9138e98a378faccb35db51&oe=5A2192A8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've always wondered 'what the hell?!' at the size of the houses in that film! And the size of the family, for that matter!

Quality street (in a tin) and fake Christmas tree for me btw. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Posy wrote: »
    I've always wondered 'what the hell?!' at the size of the houses in that film! And the size of the family, for that matter!

The first time I watched HA as an adult I was all "what the hell?!" at the McCallisters crappy parenting. Not the accidentally leaving Kevin behind, as that's just the premise of the movie. But the punishing of a small boy by banishing him to the attic that scares him because he finally stood up to his horribly bullying brother. It's awful. For the rest of the movie, whenever Mrs McCallister is beating herself up for being a bad parent, I was just nodding my agreement.

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    As far as I know they have the little glass tree decorations in all year long. I walk past it every day, I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know!

Thank you shadow ! X every year I say I'll get up there before they sell out and they are always gone by the time I do ! Not this year it's my sole christmas mission of 2017 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Love this

426234.JPG[\img]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

kitten_k wrote: »
    Love this

426234.JPG[\img]

They will be made along with the annual chocolate rice crispy Christmas tree which is the easiest thing to do and keep the wee one busy for an hour.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    They will be made along with the annual chocolate rice crispy Christmas tree which is the easiest thing to do and keep the wee one busy for an hour.

What is this Christmas tree you speak of?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement