Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My dad used to make a chocolate Rice Krispie Christmas tree when we were kids. He made it a couple of years ago too. Such a blast from the past. He used a Darina Allen recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Step 1: get your kid to draw out the bottom layer of 'branches of a christmas tree on baking paper.
    Step 2: repeat step 1 with gradually smaller layers of branches. leaving a circle in the middle as this is where the centre pole will go.
    Step 3: Melt chocolate and mix with cereal.
    Step 4: get the little one to spoon out the mix to match the stencil they have drawn on the baking paper.
    Step 5: Lick bowl and level layers to dry.
    Step 6: Once dried stack on top of each other. Use more melted chocolate to pour down the centre hole to bind the layers together. I have had to use a wooden skewer in the past too.
    Then sieve icing sugar as snow over the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Accidentally wandered into the BT Christmas shop and accidentally bought three gorgeous decorations. Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I watched the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special this evening. I love it so much, it's like my security blanket!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I watched the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special this evening. I love it so much, it's like my security blanket!

The opening to that when Smithy is singing Band Aid is one of my favourite Christmas specials scenes ever.

That's the one tv/movie thing that we keep for the night before we fly home. My OH loves it too, she always wants to keep it to make it special.

aahhhh christmasy feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

It felt reeeeeeallly Christmassy this morning!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Accidentally wandered into the BT Christmas shop and accidentally bought three gorgeous decorations. Whoops!

Òh those pesky accidents!

Spotted the first Christmas jumper in the wild on Grafton St yesterday. Which of you was it??? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Xmas cartons of biscuits have arrived in DunnesIMAG2231_zpsot69wcz9.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Another Christmas present I ordered from Amazon arrived today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I haven't been on this forum in a couple of months Summer holiday over since the weekend I am ready to get into the Christmas mode, discovered I should have at least 10 days off work at Christmas today then I found myself on here most of the evening catching up on everything it's great to be back, I'm slightly panicked that I am way behind looking forward to built up of it with everyone on here again

Welcome back!! :)

m17 wrote: »
    Xmas cartons of biscuits have arrived in DunnesIMAG2231_zpsot69wcz9.jpg

I know you guys will take this the way I mean it, not as a troll, I pot here from January onwards so this is very hypocritical but I think the christmas versions in stores should hang on till after halloween. Specific Christmas shops/sections is fine as you can avoid them if you want.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I know you guys will take this the way I mean it, not as a troll, I pot here from January onwards so this is very hypocritical but I think the christmas versions in stores should hang on till after halloween. Specific Christmas shops/sections is fine as you can avoid them if you want.

I have to say I agree. Having the Christmas sweets and biscuits in shops while kids are on summer holidays and when it's still bright out just seems wrong.

November is more than enough time to start stocking up on Christmas treats.

Plus it takes the fun away from 'doing something you should being doing' kind of way. Like being on a Christmas forum in August.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I ordered several packages of magnetic tile blocks for S as a surprise from Santa. But only afterwards did I think I should have ordered them to my parents' house instead of mine so he doesn't see them arrive. I'm going to have to hide a load of package envelopes in the porch full of boring things like socks or kitchen utensils and do a quick swap over if he sees the postman bring a package.

Loughc wrote: »
    I have to say I agree. Having the Christmas sweets and biscuits in shops while kids are on summer holidays and when it's still bright out just seems wrong.

November is more than enough time to start stocking up on Christmas treats.
    Just a heads up- there may be an opening for a Moderator position here on the forum soon

:pac:

Ha, play the "my account was hacked card" Loughc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

If I started buying Christmas sweets now, my fitness regime would be ruined

*Need to avoid eye contact*

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Thank you shadow ! X every year I say I'll get up there before they sell out and they are always gone by the time I do ! Not this year it's my sole christmas mission of 2017 lol

Was in the Disney store today, they have a little stand with tree ornaments, all the Disney princess ones and a few little snow globe types!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Got a lovely puppet set in Eason for €5. I had to get a Peter Pan set for S as a Santa surprise. There is just something so (Victorian) Christmassy about puppets. It reminds me of the Christmas scenes with the Large family in A Little Princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Posy wrote: »
    Just a heads up- there may be an opening for a Moderator position here on the forum soon

:pac:
    rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.pngrolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Does anyone know is the Toyshow on Nov 24th or Dec 1st please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

As far as I know it's 1st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I am super excited for the LLTS.

I'm gonna apply for tickets this year, hoping to god I get some :o

Anyone know when applications open?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thank you, that's what I was guessing. We were planning our Christmas party at work and I didn't want them to clash!! I'd have picked The Toy Show ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I keep on going into Tesco and staring at the back to school stuff hoping they'd get rid of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement