Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Posy wrote: »

I'm going to be on honeymoon for it this year! First year I've missed it live in aaaaages!

Still on 1st December I might actually be husky dog sledding in the Arctic circle so I suppose I can't complain TOO much. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh wow. Baby and Crumble that sounds like an amazing honeymoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was in Boots this evening and they had some kids Christmas jumpers out... actually going back tomorrow to get one I liked you know just in case it sells out :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's a nip in the air,
    The Kids are back in school,
    Traffic is getting busier,
    September is tomorrow,
    X-Factor starts on Saturday,

What's that smell... Christmas is in the air!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can't believe we are talking about Christmas being close again!! Uh I actually want time to slow down a bit (for my own reasons) but at the same time, I do love this time of year! It's definitely more autumny the last few days!

• Advertisement

Celebrations have announced that Tesco will be stocking their boxes of Malteaser's Teasers from Monday on!

Undoubtedly one of if not the nicest sweet in celebrations delighted we're getting it here in Ireland, hopefully it's not silly prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Facebook reminded me that this day 3 years ago Debenhams had Christmas crackers on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Pennys have loads of really nice pyjamas at the moment and I know it will be really hard to get them at Christmas so I am going to pop in on my lunchbreak and buy some (for myself and for presents).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Oldnotwise thanks for the heads up on the penneys pjs they are sure to sell out I will be popping in over the next week to get some
    I was mooching around Dunnes Website they've Halloween stock online it won't be long now
    Can't believe the Toyshow date has been announced 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Celebrations have announced that Tesco will be stocking their boxes of Malteaser's Teasers from Monday on!

Undoubtedly one of if not the nicest sweet in celebrations delighted we're getting it here in Ireland, hopefully it's not silly prices.

I remember they did these back in the early 2000's I think they were expensive enough and I got a lot of the half price after Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

For those of us who are tired of True Christmas' same 16 movies by November 5th. https://www.bustle.com/articles/51795-the-16-best-made-for-tv-romantic-christmas-movies-because-you-know-you-love-them-too

Lots of very angry people over in After Hours.(They can't use the excuse the kids aren't even back to school yet anymore) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

SarahLil wrote: »
    Oldnotwise thanks for the heads up on the penneys pjs they are sure to sell out I will be popping in over the next week to get some
    I was mooching around Dunnes Website they've Halloween stock online it won't be long now
    Can't believe the Toyshow date has been announced ��

They are not Christmas PJ's but lovely Disney ones so they are sure to sell out.

Lots of very angry people over in After Hours.(They can't use the excuse the kids aren't even back to school yet anymore) :)

To quote "A Christmas Carol" "Keep Christmas in your own way, and let me keep it in mine"

Not everyone will appreciate Christmas and that's ok, but whatever the folk in AH do is none of our business here.

This a safe, happy, AH Free Zone, let's not discuss other forums/threads here and lets keep it cheery here instead :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    They are not Christmas PJ's but lovely Disney ones so they are sure to sell out.

I got a lovely Disney night shirt last weekend there - Minnie Mouse i think it was - you just reminded me about it, must wear it this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't understand the agro tbh.

If you don't like Christmas fair enough. But don't try to ruin other peoples enjoyment. I love the fact that it's 4 months away, so I can enjoy it slowly (quite fast actually) creep in.

I don't understand the agro tbh.

If you don't like Christmas fair enough. But don't try to ruin other peoples enjoyment. I love the fact that it's 4 months away, so I can enjoy it slowly (quite fast actually) creep in.

I don't really like the Summer to be honest days are to long, weather is very clammy, rubbish tv/cinema, don't like the clothes, summer holiday don't do much for me, screaming kids off school, etc.I used always find it depressing being off school. I don't expect it to band nor do I expect it not to advertised.

Am I one of the only people who enjoys the whole year? I love each season and most holidays like Halloween and Easter. Though Christmas is my big favorite. I don't really Valentines Day or Mother's/Father's Day though as they are sort of deliberately non-inclusive. Though US tv hints that they celebrate all kinds of love on Valentine's Day, which is nicer.

iguana wrote: »
    Am I one of the only people who enjoys the whole year? I love each season and most holidays like Halloween and Easter. Though Christmas is my big favorite. I don't really Valentines Day or Mother's/Father's Day though as they are sort of deliberately non-inclusive.

I like most of the year. Just find the Summer a little boring/dead compared to the rest of the year.

I like most of the year. Just find the Summer a little boring/dead compared to the rest of the year.

I think I really like living so near a pole, so our seasons are so noticeably variable. I love experiencing both long days in summer and long nights in winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I love all year. I get excited for the changing of the seasons. My fave is October - Dec but definitely something to enjoy all year round.

In saying that I used to be not a summer fan at all, until my little fella started toddling around and now I love the freedom it gives us to get out and about with minimum planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Love this

426720.JPG[\img]

I went to put out the wheelie bins this morning at about 7am and it was freezing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Whispered wrote: »
    I love all year. I get excited for the changing of the seasons. My fave is October - Dec but definitely something to enjoy all year round.
    I also enjoy the whole year. :)

January is my least favourite month, but I usually take a couple of days off here and there and it's a fresh start with resolutions and all that.
    In February, spring creeps in and there is a stretch in the evenings, as they say! I like that there's a bank holiday in March, with Patrick's Day and look forward to Easter, which I love, in April.
    May, June and July are great because there's a bank-holiday weekend in each one and I take my summer holidays. :cool: In August I start planning for Christmas since we have the Rose of Tralee which might as well be a 'Welcome to Winter' neon flashing sign.
    Then I enjoy the BER months, the fun of Halloween, the evenings drawing in, a nip in the air, winter woollies in the shops, wrapping up warm as Christmas lights starting to appear. I usually take a week off work in November and decorate my desk when I come back!

A part of me looks forward to Christmas all year, but I certainly don't wish 364 days of the year away! Life's too short for that kind of shenanigans! :pac:

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/homes-and-property/christmas-shopping-decorations-homesense-dublin-11089126

Homesense has Christmas stock in Dublin(Blanchardstown) and Cork. Shop is related to TKmaxx.

Happy September everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Wow.

Is it just me or was August the fastest month so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

September 1st! For me the real countdown to Christmas starts today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Walked to the bus in foggy, chilly weather. Very Christmassy today. It felt wrong wearing my summer coat.

• Advertisement

Hello-Autumn-leaves-quote-hd-wallpaper1.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement