Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Woke up to a cold foggy morning, felt like November. Feels a bit wrong to be going camping later today!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wow.

Is it just me or was August the fastest month so far
    Not just you!
    I've no idea where August went!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I feel very excited in the mornings of late. They are almost frosty!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ber-months.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I feel very excited in the mornings of late. They are almost frosty!

I love when I leave the house in the morning, and I need to wear a jumper, coat and scarf. The cold makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've just bought my first Christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I meant to post this pic a few days ago. Its the "Merry Christmas" lights on the bridge over the canal in Kilcock.

426809.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Halloween stuff in Dunnes yesterday and Halloween earrings in Penneys.

:)
    I love when I leave the house in the morning, and I need to wear a jumper, coat and scarf. The cold makes me happy.
    I like the crisp, cold mornings- but boy! do I find it hard to get up when the mornings start getting dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    :)I like the crisp, cold mornings- but boy! do I find it hard to get up when the mornings start getting dark.

Ah crap, I forgot about the dark mornings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seen advent calendars in Dealz today

kitten_k wrote: »
    Seen advent calendars in Dealz today

Buy five and eat open five doors today and You'll have a door to open every day between now and Christmas!

Mincemeat back in stock in Aldi!

ctO_jWl6_pN3F6tl2gOuomrh9KicrY7S0kgeiAjIXB2TvDmE9M0maqiM_NPvsPX3R32mw-VoSiU1xSWXJm7OciVybgUIKIEIzYoTJ5wvVltFOUmTwipgyQ3pDDstb-3mI74Kzc15QXRNcfqPcdHqE2mmwNNzP_yD-dF3mWxH-GaFqHxswYqQXdvVOWwjr8M_k1M5SsjKjtzYX1hWHcE78Aj-UF01dRpeen7rsovtY_R1WONyBU6oZ4mACKVT_3DR0DsYaXsnj0bNhMUuaCISQdhxMP18UqI7Zg1GcVHgVbWxmPnQaJNU15SqvRCmdsmUFux2eKWS_WqOeFIJQV-znXaFaHO0-6L3eDKbNhZtsD4SooUxtqHJxYHH5aUwSE6X6ymWSmcXzHKcef7CLxCSKUNWn_mZLUSdWPZ4Z-5fUgJ8XdcknFiJF4qU62BmrEhjBORSr6_W9Yl3wu2jTuibQ8DXveumdZVX4TgxHh6FAIQKS6alXiE8eXf9RwYrfEL8nTPAO0HhMHRu9AO8CjGwmuyg1kDoGaVdetRny5ziPwkz1RIkrOoMTVM3lI6uMJKWv_OKHesuS1EJOdhWaeriVsJ3yOc98p1oAe5vyyF-eqDBqrYuy4ch=w398-h662-no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I'm heading to New York for a few days at the end of October, so am planning to pick up some Christmas bargains then. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I might see you there. I'm heading there with my daughter on 1st November 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I might see you there. I'm heading there with my daughter on 1st November 😊

We're probably passing each other in the airport so, i'll be arriving back in on the morning of the 1st so you must be on my plane going over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

gidget wrote: »
    We're probably passing each other in the airport so, i'll be arriving back in on the morning of the 1st so you must be on my plane going over

Make sure to leave some stuff in the shops for me. Not sure if you've been before but Macy's Christmas shop is a must to visit 😀 🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/homes-and-property/christmas-shopping-decorations-homesense-dublin-11089126

Homesense has Christmas stock in Dublin(Blanchardstown) and Cork. Shop is related to TKmaxx.

TK Maxx will have the same stuff, just less of it. I'm on maternity leave for it this year (yay to a Christmas not working, like normal people!) but they normally start getting bits in now. Head office give each store a DVD of what their overall stock package looks like, including rooms done up in the themes they've decided on.
    I'm actually going to miss seeing it this year, I love watching it and picking out my favourite theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Builders confirmed we'll be in our new house before December, YAY! :D:D:D

I'll have no furniture, just Christmas decorations :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Alicat wrote: »
    Builders confirmed we'll be in our new house before December, YAY! :D:D:D

I'll have no furniture, just Christmas decorations :pac:

You'll have plenty of room for your tree ;):D

• Advertisement

Congratulations, Alicat!!

My family moved house in December when I was a child, and the Christmas decorations were the first thing to be unpacked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Oh the tree will be the first thing up! Getting giddy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

All the christmas tickets went on sale for rathwood and the santa trail etc on Friday ! Booked ours so the countdown is definitly on !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    All the christmas tickets went on sale for rathwood and the santa trail etc on Friday ! Booked ours so the countdown is definitly on !

Missed ours! We'll have to be quicker next year

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Definitely noticed a change in the mornings this week, had to put the light on getting ready for work 2 mornings!

Aaannd my matching Christmas pjs for me and oh arrived during the week:-) Had ordered from pawpaw.com and wasn't sure what to expect but they are perfect! Quality is better than I thought it would be and they were well packaged. And the fit is fine as well, I was worried that I should have ordered larger sizes in case they were smaller Chinese sizes I.e the medium could've been more like our small!

The delivery does take a while though 5-6weeks so I'm glad I ordered them when I did so that I have them here ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Missed ours! We'll have to be quicker next year

Ah no rent ! Did you not get tickets for rathwood ? They sell out really quickly in fairness. You could try a few other places may have tickets left like christmas island clanard santa trail etc. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Ah no rent ! Did you not get tickets for rathwood ? They sell out really quickly in fairness. You could try a few other places may have tickets left like christmas island clanard santa trail etc. Xx

I wanted Saturday and I stupidly left it til 3 to check! We'll do somewhere else this year as the only date left that suited was the 22nd and I assume traffic will be manic. I love the build up now, need to start thinking about santa gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Our christmas 2017 countdown officially started earlier this morning when the Mrs booked our visit to Palmerstown House so the kids can see Santa... did it last year and the kids absolutely loved it, whilst us parents had a great time as well I must admit, so when we asked the kids what they'd like to do this year (we'd done something different every year since they were born 6 years ago) they asked to do the same as last year again... normally even a huge christmas fan like myself would be a tad 'ah here' this far out but I must admit I felt a bit of excitement talking to the kids about it over the weekend... so first box ticked & 16 weeks and counting!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was really foggy here last night. Needless to say I was singing Rudolph the red nose reindeer all night, much to the annoyance of the wife :D

• Advertisement

X-Factor final is earlier this year. It's the 2nd and 3rd of December.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement