Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

X-Factor final is earlier this year. It's the 2nd and 3rd of December.

Yep that's due to them having less live shows this year. I have to agree with that decision it dragged on a bit last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep that's due to them having less live shows this year. I have to agree with that decision it dragged on a bit last year.

Yes, It's always too dragged out. Every year I'm hoping for a nice Christmas song to win it and be Christmas number one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

DvB wrote: »
    Our christmas 2017 countdown officially started earlier this morning when the Mrs booked our visit to Palmerstown House so the kids can see Santa... did it last year and the kids absolutely loved it, whilst us parents had a great time as well I must admit, so when we asked the kids what they'd like to do this year (we'd done something different every year since they were born 6 years ago) they asked to do the same as last year again... normally even a huge christmas fan like myself would be a tad 'ah here' this far out but I must admit I felt a bit of excitement talking to the kids about it over the weekend... so first box ticked & 16 weeks and counting!!

Can I ask what the ticket price includes, website is confusing my tired brain! I have a 3 and 5 year old and it looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Janey Mac, that other anti christmas thread is hectic. I am avoiding posting on it in case they invade here.

Random random Christmas Q but has anyone spent a Christmas (mainly 20-23rd) in Gorey Wexford? Wondeiring what the craic is down there as my best mate and my OH's best mate just had a kid there recently and we may be in that neck of the woods over that period.

I was in Tesco Today and they were emptying the shelves where the Christmas stock goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Can I ask what the ticket price includes, website is confusing my tired brain! I have a 3 and 5 year old and it looks amazing

Very disappointed in it last year (we've been a few times), it was cut short compared to the earlier years and rushed. Hopefully this year they get back on track but doubt we'll go again.

I was in Tesco Today and they were emptying the shelves where the Christmas stock goes!

Just an update. I went back last night and all they put out was a range of baking product/Betty Crocker stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Spotted today in my local dealz !!!!!

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Spotted today in my local dealz !!!!!

What? I'm dying to know.

Agh ! Pic won't post but my local dealz had christmas stock out on display today ! :) cards merry christmas signs some baubles etc. .. first thing I thought of was omg i hope no one realises it was me that made that high pitched excited squeak .. quickly followed by I'll have to get a pic to share with the boardsies !
    Same pix is too large to load now ... typical of my luck lol

• Advertisement

What? I'm dying to know.

I can post the pics ! They had merry Christmas signs , loads of christmas cards some mugs and some baubles !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If you have a link to the picture, I can stick it up here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭murt101

Aaannd my matching Christmas pjs for me and oh arrived during the week:-) Had ordered from pawpaw.com and wasn't sure what to expect but they are perfect! Quality is better than I thought it would be and they were well packaged. And the fit is fine as well, I was worried that I should have ordered larger sizes in case they were smaller Chinese sizes I.e the medium could've been more like our small!

The delivery does take a while though 5-6weeks so I'm glad I ordered them when I did so that I have them here ready to go.
    Would you mind posting the link for that website please? I want to order something similar!

Posy wrote: »

Sorry posy I can't find how to get a link for it !? I took a pic on my phone when in dealz and it says too big ! Crying here !

Hang on I'll try one more time !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

The weather is changing big time in the past week I've found.

Last night I was so cold I brought a hot water bottle to bed.

I left the house very early this morn and had to wear a jumper and blanket scarf as it's freezing.

#winteriscoming

I saw these on Twitter.

DI_Sc75XcAI60Lx.jpg

DJBke4UWAAAQiC-.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christmas is Coming is right Tesco!!!

Lads there's just been a smell of Christmas in the air lately, the colder evenings, the darker nights and mornings, the season really is changing out there.

I'm getting beyond excited for Christmas now! Listening to Christmas jingles on a poadcast at the moment and it's really brought back all the Christmas feels. I think this calls for some Christmas tunes to be added to a playlist soon! Maybe one a week for the next few weeks until the playlist is flooded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Christmas is Coming is right Tesco!!!

Lads there's just been a smell of Christmas in the air lately, the colder evenings, the darker nights and mornings, the season really is changing out there.

I'm getting beyond excited for Christmas now! Listening to Christmas jingles on a poadcast at the moment and it's really brought back all the Christmas feels. I think this calls for some Christmas tunes to be added to a playlist soon! Maybe one a week for the next few weeks until the playlist is flooded.

Yep, I've noticed it also. It feels great.

Once nights out consist of just a few pints in a warm pub, you know winter is coming.

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Sorry posy I can't find how to get a link for it !? I took a pic on my phone when in dealz and it says too big ! Crying here !
    Did you go to imgur and upload the image to it? That's how I upload, resize and add pics when I'm on boards. :)

Last night I was so cold I brought a hot water bottle to bed.

I left the house very early this morn and had to wear a jumper and blanket scarf as it's freezing.

#winteriscoming
    I've taken my electric blanket back out of storage this week! :D

I saw these on Twitter.

Did you see these on a random page or a hashtag?

Did you go to imgur and upload the image to it? That's how I upload, resize and add pics when I'm on boards. :)

No ill have to try that now thank you :) x

Started stocking up today. Got some 7up and minerals and a bottle of champagne reduced from 50 euro to 20 euro for the MIL who is joining us this year and told me it was a great bargain haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'd love a box of celebrations right now, but I don't want to loose the novelty of eating them one week out of the year.

Did you see these on a random page or a hashtag?

They were in an article yesterday on the Examiners website.
    It's people moaning but there's nice pictures.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/christmas-is-here-and-were-not-ok-with-it-804891.html

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Has anyone been into the Arnotts christmas shop yet ? I saw one the bloggers i follow was at the launch looked amazing. I was really impressed with it last year. I went to the Brown Thomas christmas shop last week ( its a birthday tradition now ) and just thought it was ok. First year i didnt actually buy anything from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Lads there's just been a smell of Christmas in the air lately, the colder evenings, the darker nights and mornings, the season really is changing out there

I agree, couldn't believe how dark it was at 6.00 this morning when i woke up.

• Advertisement

applesock wrote: »
    Has anyone been into the Arnotts christmas shop yet ? I saw one the bloggers i follow was at the launch looked amazing. I was really impressed with it last year. I went to the Brown Thomas christmas shop last week ( its a birthday tradition now ) and just thought it was ok. First year i didnt actually buy anything from it.
    When did it open? I was in Arnotts last week and it wasn't there yet. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement