Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I was at a wedding last weekend and they had a silent disco (which was amazing!) they played merry Christmas everyone.... Place went wild, felt so Christmassy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

leahyl wrote: »
    You're so right there - remember the excitement years ago when they switched on the old gaudy lights, now they just "blend in" really as you say

I went to the switching on of the new lights with my parents and daughter, and there was great excitement as the street had just been refurbished. The whole street counted down from ten, all bellowing when we got to one, and then they just kind of barely flickered on .... Bloody energy saving bulbs! We all fell about laughing.

So we still have the same ones and I hate them. They are just so cold and horrible. Bring back the lovely colourful ones I say. I do like the lantern ones they have by Paul street sometimes. They look lovely in the narrow streets :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Our tree is going up at the weekend. Can't wait!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well I had a new experience yesterday - Arnott's Christmas Shop :eek: Lovely stuff, lovely staff & to cap it all off - there's lovely Christmas bits & bobs in the Bargain Shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I went to the switching on of the new lights with my parents and daughter, and there was great excitement as the street had just been refurbished. The whole street counted down from ten, all bellowing when we got to one, and then they just kind of barely flickered on .... Bloody energy saving bulbs! We all fell about laughing.

So we still have the same ones and I hate them. They are just so cold and horrible. Bring back the lovely colourful ones I say. I do like the lantern ones they have by Paul street sometimes. They look lovely in the narrow streets :p

Had the exact same experience! Everybody was all excited and ready to go "oooh, aaah" when they were turned on and instead there was a collective sigh of disappointment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I had a mini Christmas meltdown last night. I was browsing on Pinterest, put some Christmas music on Youtube and got totally over-excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Just seen online Blissmas music channel starts November 14th :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is that on Sky or UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Posy wrote: »
    Is that on Sky or UPC?

Sky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Lovely Christmas decorations in Blanch shopping centre tonight and I saw Christmas lights on a shop near my house. Very exciting.

• Advertisement

Some of the Christmas lights in Dublin city centre were lighting tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Walked past brown Thomas last night after a long day in work. Lifted my heart to see the Christmas lights outside and all the trees up inside :D

Now to get the grafton Street lights on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Christmas lights up in Patrick Street, Cork :D Obviously not on yet....I expect Christmas trees will go up in the next few days :pac:

Also the Flying Enterprise Bar at the bottom of Barrack Street has big wreaths and garlands with lights :-)

Have my Christmas ring tone on since last week.. ho Ho Ho

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

remember Switzers window as a kid?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    remember Switzers window as a kid?

Queueing for hours on end. Does anybody remember the magic train ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

BT on Grafton are unveiling their Christmas windows at 5!!

Pang wrote: »
    BT on Grafton are unveiling their Christmas windows at 5!!

*Runs from the office*

*Runs from work also*

It was so lovely! They had Christmas carollers and everything :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :eek:

:mad::mad::(:(:( *sulks*

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

washiskin wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :eek:

:mad::mad::(:(:( *sulks*

LOLOL

The windows are pretty underwhelming though! I wish they would make them Christmassier. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I had previously posted asking about where to buy a Christmas tree. Well, it turns out my OH found a 6ft pre-lit tree in the attic of his apartment! (He only recently moved into) I was so happy when he told me :D Now I don't have to run around town and buy one AND lug it all the way home! He also found 2 boxes stuffed with random Christmas decorations left behind from other tenants. I'm just delighted because it makes my life a little easier! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Why oh why do I do this to myself!!

So I am watching Christmas 24, and there is a film called The Christmas Snow on, fairly early on I am pretty sure I have guessed the entire plot. Still I watch on, get the plot right and end up sitting with massive big ploppy tears running down my face asking myself.... why oh why do I do this to myself...... Every year without fail!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Fake tree, fake Christmas was the motto in my house years ago. Due to traveling around then and my folks getting on we have gone for fakes the last few years.

As we get older time seems to go that bit quicker. But whatever it is about Christmas it turns us all back to children and I wouldn't change it for anything. Merry Christmas one and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

had some christmas music on this morning.

I made my christmas puddings for the very first time so i brought a small one into work for everyone to try. they all loved it! Im delighted with myself! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickynoo

AshAdele wrote: »
    had some christmas music on this morning.

I made my christmas puddings for the very first time so i brought a small one into work for everyone to try. they all loved it! Im delighted with myself! lol

Well done AshAdele, i plan on making Xmas puddings for the first time this weekend for my Xmas hampers. Fingers crossed they turn out nice.:o

• Advertisement

nickynoo wrote: »
    Well done AshAdele, i plan on making Xmas puddings for the first time this weekend for my Xmas hampers. Fingers crossed they turn out nice.:o
    If you're stuck for an official taster let me know. I love christmas pudding..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement