Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I had a few hours to kill between appointments today so went along to the Christmas Shop in BTs, very underwhelming. Thought it was very "meh", maybe over the next while as we get closer to the festive season it might become better, but I was quite disappointed with it :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought it was the same as most other years, but I've always thought it should get more dedicated floor space, to be honest.

Plus, when I went in there a couple of weeks ago, the woman behind the counter had a face that would stop a clock, so her general demeanour certainly didn't make me feel festive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Posy wrote: »
    I thought it was the same as most other years, but I've always thought it should get more dedicated floor space, to be honest.

Plus, when I went in there a couple of weeks ago, the woman behind the counter had a face that would stop a clock, so her general demeanour certainly didn't make me feel festive!

People working in the Christmas dept should be dressed as elves (whether they like it or not) ��

I'd LOVE that. :D

I'd LOVE that. :D

Me too. Would make it more Christmassy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

OMG! OMG! OMG! :eek:

Right, so, I LOVE Christmas!
    I also LOVE enamel mugs!
    Guess what I got in Dealz today????
    CHRISTMAS ENAMEL MUGS!!!! WooHoo!!!

washiskin wrote: »
    OMG! OMG! OMG! :eek:

Right, so, I LOVE Christmas!
    I also LOVE enamel mugs!
    Guess what I got in Dealz today????
    CHRISTMAS ENAMEL MUGS!!!! WooHoo!!!

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Here you go..... :)

The red one is actually red inside too......the o/h just forgot to take the receipt out.....

Oh my lord. They are amazing!!!

washiskin wrote: »
    Here you go..... :)

The red one is actually red inside too......the o/h just forgot to take the receipt out.....

I must check my local Dealz for these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

When did it open? I was in Arnotts last week and it wasn't there yet. :(
    Im not 100% sure to be honest just saw some blogger on snap chat this week was at the launch. They had a little choir singing some carols was very sweet. Im going to venture into town next week and see :) so excited.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Between a recent Harvest Fair and some inspired online purchases I've got most of S's stocking sorted out. I just have to buy myself some new craft paints for this year's 'Elf Work.'

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

It has arrived in Marks & Spencers....:D:)

427477.jpg

th?id=OIP.WQZxllHHLO6ie7w4aoWUkwEbDc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

giphy.gif

Any excuse to post this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ooohhh it felt wintery today :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alicat wrote: »

Very wintery. My sitting room is currently lit by candles and the glow from the tv. Couldn't be anymore wintery.

Well, I mean, you could put your tree up! :D

It sure did. I loved it. I wasn't out in it though, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much :P
    Loughc wrote: »
    Very wintery. My sitting room is currently lit by candles and the glow from the tv. Couldn't be anymore wintery.
    This sounds amazing. I want to get some lamps for our kitchen and candles too, so we can shut off the main lights. I just love that.

I put my winter duvets on the bed today, two of them, one under the sheet and one over me.

I was doing some redecorating and my own room is just about finished thankfully, I kept some space at the end of my desk for a wee Christmas tree too :P Going to get something for the window, maybe something like these candles (I'll get battery ones).

seven-stick-candle.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

So excited ! Mr glitz just told me he ordered me the christmas monopoly game from amazon. ( think loughc put up the link .. and of course I went screaming to Mr glitz that we needed it for our christmas eve game night !) :)

Will be stalking the post man now waiting :D

Oh lovely! Have you had the heat on yet?? I can't wait to be lighting candles and getting cosy! I just have one candle at the moment because the rest are all packed up!

Boyf just asked me did I want a hot chocolate. Yes please! :D

Boyf just asked me did I want a hot chocolate. Yes please! :D

In a santa cup too please ;) all you need is a big fluffy throw over and a nice christmas movie and your good to go then !

We Def had the heating on this weekend. Kids are back in fluffy pj's and throw overs making an appearance in beds now too ! Plus i just replaced all the batteries in the timer candles in the lanterns in my sitting room so they come on automatically at 6 pm now :) love it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Spent a week in glorious sunshine and came back to rain and no heating. I suppose 2 duvets on the couch is pretty Christmassy!

Spent a week in glorious sunshine and came back to rain and no heating. I suppose 2 duvets on the couch is pretty Christmassy!

Welcome back toto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How is December 3 months away. Seriously how?

I just don't know where the year went.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ditto, need to book my Christmas flight, once we decide we are going home, as you can see I want to! Going to try and wait for a quick sale as I genuinely book early to make sure I get a seat but at a premium.

Need to get the candles out tonight. Its great to see the forum liven up. Hope you're keeping well striped boxers!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Didn't believe how dark it was this morning at 6am after nearly two weeks off work!!! So exciting reading all posts here too!! :D Might head to Dealz this evening on way home! ;) My friend shared this post on my FB and it is a video of giant Christmas baubles in Primarks- super glittery and Disney & Harry Potter themed!!! Might head to Derry this week to see if they have those baubles in!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Aaannd my matching Christmas pjs for me and oh arrived during the week:-) Had ordered from pawpaw.com and wasn't sure what to expect but they are perfect! Quality is better than I thought it would be and they were well packaged. And the fit is fine as well, I was worried that I should have ordered larger sizes in case they were smaller Chinese sizes I.e the medium could've been more like our small!

The delivery does take a while though 5-6weeks so I'm glad I ordered them when I did so that I have them here ready to go.

I tried the link pawpaw.com but it didn't work for me? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Early mornings for me start back next Monday, and I'm genuinely looking forward to leaving the house wrapped up in a coat when its dark.

People think I'm weird for loving the winter, and hating the summer. But i genuinely can't hack the heat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement