Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Listening to christmas toons :D Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

leahyl wrote: »
    Listening to christmas toons :D Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Ooh what songs are you listening to?

Got Christmas scented air freshener in Tesco today. It's lovely!

Ooh what songs are you listening to?

Got Christmas scented air freshener in Tesco today. It's lovely!

A mix of classics! On spotify! Just searched for christmas classics lol

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Home Alone is on E4 tonight at 8.00 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We ordered 2 christmas duvet covers from Amazon over the weekend... had been doing a clearout & decided we needed some new ones, herself came across some cracking crimbo ones at a great price so they were bought alongside some more less seasonal ones :-)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alicat wrote: »
    Well, I mean, you could put your tree up! :D

Stop I was walking past my front door in the hallway and I though I could see a Christmas tree up in my neighbours house I did the quickest double take ever.

Sadly there was no tree. Just my festive imagination playing tricks on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have a decoration up! It's a small, subtle wooden christmas tree and it's hanging on a door in the kitchen. If himself doesn't notice it, it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Went to Brown Thomas Yesterday!
    fO0ZHN5G5fRTLFFJ0zIUmyFLj7KaXijAl8LwmrV1yiI3kQ9104Hm68daes3t1MZ1qGXPu92DgM4apwflTzZV1i6kRopJkubQ2NuPLbwSx-n7tEJ4V1BUbuG5FUrJFXRX_lx0cPErjV_gnOk6Rk0fFgo1gIFIa-HtvYq5at0TreLWCc2Vg2bF9PpbfYipgtVSiSbk_iSFP8qcFn8NiXz-q57vTsT5xz3w7S-d-MAKDjrDjAHDfBwFAje3WaiyWCBoJCdCiP-_o2sAXx7r7luiXAoWDxEkL9GMc-kn0uNqs-6ux_Tf3hAqfpcJL3QDfW5RYtZSjrvjwqUENBK5xwjQbS4au3zOZNZscwYVWva7MIN3akeHXgZyEYYun6XAYICKjCmoFInAdRS6SvweBzI6KQdOmvMaNLLpHQwl9W--91apmqAJ4S4ldMdoibeq4sz8dpk88P8t6wUMsqqlMPAmNU7F8rUKFtIPI8UeAk5JDjFFxvTLMBqHkWID-zhAF3rNoT61zMkJA6MnObkKiIi1DRoQ43ntgf7i9RvOS8fyJ_7OUN7v9KGnmEmaeWKHIpK7J06gjZkFGzKG1Niwcm3TFBbibjiFHZCoFdcznGJxZYSPY4cvkWRn=w398-h662-no

3XkVUXxVLaX2F9w6ZPn4RQ8bxwB4GaqGXtBhFAZa6Eay5jGHr_eQTT9AFhOi2Wa18erKLs49QDOmtDuKxPMphEnV9K0_pExIxD-k8UDi5mRWC2ynH_SVCV0mzds2u6pCK6b98aQfB_AORLQHQ4zIpErBZ_xM-FHwVtY-CA1cnEoKzWgGznQIGrYt3mte8W9JPwPEuhMW2YlCaAG-sB6z2xjl-y9t6XRm46QvRRu2SFbYH3zGCzMTuOE8vej8mj4slVyaH1CNy17FoiuJC11twA_b5SFF34n4MRKIkN72oK9tMA44peJkkjdkBq_Uy5A9h3vWN9qJnQelcq8YCxGKfCQ826UEsgzaH8y4myAQVer5FRTebl_ae7iXvdip5uGodgJf451kIQ5bzBXxum0NWbEdKVeiSl9lVvr-LEthXekTqiT8mQZsErq_jFm4PlMa43Mx_dHzSCPMdSPeoOEUkTc0B6-bL936lIxepoSUuqGH5cZMeUCvgDk51dILCvtBzkA9Y1fDgyyOT-CY55G_ORNAaK7Avqv33KaoUMbCfonzkWf789_i4upBiOVC90BOdHkiBR7ouJ9HluDesR_Gw-9SRlIgz4G6782t-oAOqt4RRLmbalo2=w398-h662-no

XXbrDQGNZ4PsBlf4HNWWkR88tirVhk84J6ELg_jtVjfctBrerM5D6j6CkqM0lA_Cu0_MzLtP3DoMjts8-nolaYEWbpFM7qAUIdFj0JyKS2IUKrksBsBtmm8d-Sns756D5ZmkQ9BlEjMrMMEZfgjIniF9fqA6kXFejl5y0gq_naQwB6MTvq9i_sLfwJVEnfAD4GQ-Z-JhU1vj6dwjoSDLrPM0DzsULvgXtBvbA_a4cyyZh2FnocA1dCAYjPsNDyy1Ojen_JzW-X-JIP4RIY3ffSAmFZkt40u55UIfCa1cdNmBabixzxNxdlFpCR0nitafwFCn3lhLIt_SKrskcaMutuycM3PA_3vH-lp4EzuO72HBooqnFzefbRpLwZM9w2Bjg8WMiKUxGerVHgdMtFFmDwLZhKa7LuJJYxTknrWa7tiagAdenEuUfQ6_CV5Wsow4jJSB_c-rkwQY4TEMPSM_LVSsiB2mDxqMbX9sfjE6IVw-EnFmfxIURCfDob3wId-JyyNXLWmaBIpoJSKo1J47I9pb6dREc6moYMvL6pYJn0nsSqiDo8HvJMF_oSMJhkETZdi4_ojgxLuxqoPnIFY9Y-KOuCIwADirOx0HbXkp1GdVsuUmMGDY=w398-h662-no

AF1QipN2EV2ZpiaUuKvpGyC-ewDgxTJAGtJ4nq8TfAv5

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

murt101 wrote: »
    Would you mind posting the link for that website please? I want to order something similar!

So sorry for the late reply!

Here's a link to some :)
    https://www.patpat.com/category/Matching-Outfits/Family-Look.html

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

I tried the link pawpaw.com but it didn't work for me? :confused:

I'm so sorry it's www.patpat.com! Don't know where I was getting the pawpaw out of!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I sometimes lose track of time as I've been off work for so long since I had my knee surgery. I'm hoping to get back in the next few weeks and I imagine by then the mornings will be dark and I'll be coming home in the dark too. It will be very strange for me but at least Christmas is coming.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I sometimes lose track of time as I've been off work for so long since I had my knee surgery. I'm hoping to get back in the next few weeks and I imagine by then the mornings will be dark and I'll be coming home in the dark too. It will be very strange for me but at least Christmas is coming.
    Delighted to hear that you can go back to work soon. Sounds like you've had a tough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Home Alone on E4!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Watched the grinch in bed last night ... raining outside .. it was heavenly :)

Love that the continuity announcer on E4 shouted MERRY CHRISTMAS when Home Alone finished. :D Perfect way to end my week off work.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Went into The Range this evening to buy some garden furniture on sale and was greeted by this.
    1zzj968.png

Every aisle you can see in the photo is full of Christmas decorations and they are clearing the aisles behind to add more.

Amazing! I haven't had a chance to go to The Range yet since it opened in Liffey Valley but this is the perfect excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I may have been singing Christmas songs today in work ;) Tesco have some Christmas stock on display, selection boxes, tins of biscuits.

I reckon quiet a few can relate........ :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Feel so Christmasy this morning after coming in to see two pages on this thread!! Pity it's mid week for me, if it was Thursday now I would be bouncing off the walls with excitement.

This Christmas should be a blast, the last one we were home for such a short period and had to do our wedding planning and meetings this year we can chill more which is a relief. We had planned buying a house in Ireland this month and spend Christmas in it but it fell through last week when the Engineer advised against it so it will be split with both folks on either side of the country.

Still think it's a wee bit early for movies and tunes however what is the boards accepted level of Christmassyness mid September?

• Advertisement

For anyone who wants to see Home Alone on the tv again (because there's just something about seeing it on the tv and not a DVD!), it's on again on Sunday at 8pm on E4 :D

Movies 24 changes to Christmas 24 on 21st October and double bill Christmas movies every weekend until then from Sat 23rd.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can we all take a minute to appreciate on Sunday we will be into double digits into the Christmas countdown!!! Wow.

Loughc wrote: »
    Can we all take a minute to appreciate on Sunday we will be into double digits into the Christmas countdown!!! Wow.

I saw a cute Christmas countdown thing in Dealz today and was trying to figure out how I could use it to count down from now. I think I'll just use my little blackboard! Can't believe it's so close.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have a little snowman with a blackboard!

If I could a get countdown thingy that counts down from 99, I'd be happy enough! :)

Posy wrote: »
    I have a little snowman with a blackboard!

If I could a get countdown thingy that counts down from 99, I'd be happy enough! :)

I've seen links on amazon for 100 day advent calendars. I was so tempted. But they're no Lindt advent calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Sky have a free download in store of spiderman amazing today and you get the DVD posted to you for free too! Nice stocking filler

Aldi are selling a 3 litre bottle of prosecco for Christmas!(on sale 14th November)

https://www.joe.ie/news/aldi-are-selling-a-three-litre-bottle-of-prosecco-for-christmas-and-its-very-cheap-601218

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Aldi are selling a 3 litre bottle of prosecco for Christmas!(on sale 14th November)

Ooh this is dangerous ..... fantastic but dangerous!!!

• Advertisement

Gift sets out in Tesco.(Awful picture)

inzD_d9G8kTAfwBrd8wBgG2J7-SsQaTQUhUKz6DU9vQSrkxaLblL3sI5vb7LSjWK0oXBg95411HwPSj8wVbYGjKlYYqcelR_pBnmmGiuU9qO4zj8T0ZQNPYRwd7aNj6PbEs_pmfn4i5wvodlw8JkhbBNDwreHwvM4hLYKmJ5bB3z9reSg2s1kqJyewB7mQVClPMW8dPKNuoAARajtLP4wbrmqUenOFla67Fyifnbzl0H8FLFoDcAz4nn1LTiMcQR6fm_0UvHw8AAmjfLWsXwfzyUxreuI6z0FJRRUBFObstZxltTu7SzU3Tyml8gMOPZwJgX7pLCBKd66vDySr8Vz5eXgYyoGGgPvm5Z5K42QeUBwOUI6Sk7t67A1VHuWFfrZylMvA4m86Z53t48uQRLQ7k8nIMkiRXdVb8W5pS214-ELtT8SPvyiIx4Z3ZEeRAipfmFzd792WUzHpaI6xbaYcuGSo0FVNwxpzO01Rd5IlSWWfDy7YoAWIU0WuIdhRhgJSBOqocqJPYzRWgLPdQt66le7-atbKwI6DQmRAwfARaMkbwWE5fPWyhJYj33dRsFIzyfP1e2hurNObAqU9jDKzQlr0PXoSiLLUsC7X04SvJjxES-vkYv=w398-h662-no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement