Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gift sets out in Tesco.(Awful picture)

inzD_d9G8kTAfwBrd8wBgG2J7-SsQaTQUhUKz6DU9vQSrkxaLblL3sI5vb7LSjWK0oXBg95411HwPSj8wVbYGjKlYYqcelR_pBnmmGiuU9qO4zj8T0ZQNPYRwd7aNj6PbEs_pmfn4i5wvodlw8JkhbBNDwreHwvM4hLYKmJ5bB3z9reSg2s1kqJyewB7mQVClPMW8dPKNuoAARajtLP4wbrmqUenOFla67Fyifnbzl0H8FLFoDcAz4nn1LTiMcQR6fm_0UvHw8AAmjfLWsXwfzyUxreuI6z0FJRRUBFObstZxltTu7SzU3Tyml8gMOPZwJgX7pLCBKd66vDySr8Vz5eXgYyoGGgPvm5Z5K42QeUBwOUI6Sk7t67A1VHuWFfrZylMvA4m86Z53t48uQRLQ7k8nIMkiRXdVb8W5pS214-ELtT8SPvyiIx4Z3ZEeRAipfmFzd792WUzHpaI6xbaYcuGSo0FVNwxpzO01Rd5IlSWWfDy7YoAWIU0WuIdhRhgJSBOqocqJPYzRWgLPdQt66le7-atbKwI6DQmRAwfARaMkbwWE5fPWyhJYj33dRsFIzyfP1e2hurNObAqU9jDKzQlr0PXoSiLLUsC7X04SvJjxES-vkYv=w398-h662-no

I can't see your pic. How did you upload it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    I can't see your pic. How did you upload it?

I uploaded the photo as I normally would from my images. I'll have a look at it again later on!
    Edit: Not sure what the issue is. It will work using google chrome but not internet explorer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I uploaded the photo as I normally would from my images. I'll have a look at it again later on!
    Edit: Not sure what the issue is. It will work using google chrome but not internet explorer.

It doesn't work on safari or Firefox or IE for me :(

Attached is what I can see :(

I'm missing out on Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Drove up to Liffey Valley yesterday to check The Range - shelves cleared and cordoned off but nothing out yet. Asked one of the girls and she said a week to 2 weeks for the Christmas stuff to be out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We are about 1300 posts away from requiring a second thread.

I think we'll do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I never really looked at the first few pages on the thread, loughc and Posy are still around, what about the rest?

Has there ever been a Christmas drinks meetup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Listened to All I Want for Christmas is You this morning :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Jude13 wrote: »
    I never really looked at the first few pages on the thread, loughc and Posy are still around, what about the rest?

There should be :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have never seen an image freshpopcorn has posted. I'm just used to it at this stage!
    :pac:

You'll have to let us know when you're in the country!

• Advertisement

We've dabbed with the idea once or twice but it never got traction. Again it's something I'm always happy to attend so if anyone wants to take the sleigh reigns and try organising one I'll absolutely support it!

Another attempt!
    LWOxCx3dlR7dzqI8id-8XE26nTTo1FNuOCJ_7tICg-tmXoiqCkqbBcSPbcQ3eifWa2-FFMWTT75pVq9RAbuiKnIfu_o3ogCRfhsxviFiDnzXndkX4mgvnTmPs3Zk-omCOsfWOsKL_GkJogs161WN0LZ7rLJXMba5g_5l2SX-uqnMOu0YsifzKEcgKLa9YyLhJLV7rCeD5nvflm51Pj9LQoQPUc3OK9lVB2aj_jnHpT2An_aOzRgVcer3CZo44eU62Iufj2TpsCIe66VSxuwiacxK0qYhKPZOlu0KINswBq4yL3M3yaUOSVKv6w_smWAx8tnpJUq-doPOZD76fC8eWFfff53FLVAf8-rvX5lJV0CJu6Mn8L2qc2q2dGKlvpulCiB4xnBh0K8S4ewW7T7wloTT1kMpSIHKwDxIxwiXdHl7nCSoOOjgsdhejBGF-ETrrgtzko2vpfpNbz25jYZlPdxOSBuxSfKeru-PzgC6q3QFah4AK2YHRnNlkgoGmqB7ERj4ZpBDmtYcNJGQeBS6tPc8WVCVrQ3PCtXMXLnicI93WFQUgGMZsQIcu1zZWYbdRid7L0BFtL0=s662-w398-h662-no

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rathael212

I was in the Range today. They were starting to put stuff on the shelves. I only seen Xmas crackers though! Can't wait

Before the battery conks!
    Carrig Donn in Navan SC has some absolutely gorgeous stuff out today.
    Poor girls asked me not to get angry, assured them it would be on the contrary! :) Going in on Saturday to buy a couple of festive door decs for the tree.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Don't tell me the staff have people giving them abuse for having Christmas stock in!
    People realise it's not the staff's decision, right??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I was in my local Flying Tiger today and they had a small section of Christmas decorations in the corner of the shop. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Rathael212 wrote: »
    I was in the Range today. They were starting to put stuff on the shelves. I only seen Xmas crackers though! Can't wait

You're in for a treat once it's out. The Range really have amazing christmas stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rathael212

Stop I can't wait! Il head up during the week they are bound to be finished lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Someone at work walking around the office whistling Jingle Bells, wish I could have seen him so we could have a duet but I'm surrounded by monitors...sigh...

Also, this is for all my fellow Disnemas (Disney and Christmas!) fanatics out there!!

Coming soon to a Penneys near you...

Tiger are looking for Christmas staff!

21743223_1647073431978658_6241069173851853768_n.jpg?oh=31ef1be46fb61f86a6ee461bb5599541&oe=5A5D562A

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Don't tell me the staff have people giving them abuse for having Christmas stock in!
    People realise it's not the staff's decision, right??!

Apparently, a few Bah! Humbugs! flittered them out of it because they were putting the stock out. :mad:

washiskin wrote: »
    Apparently, a few Bah! Humbugs! flittered them out of it because they were putting the stock out. :mad:

I'd be the opposite. I'd nearly be attacking the staff to know why the stock wasn't out yet!(If I was an awkward customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

cinnamony wrote: »
    Also, this is for all my fellow Disnemas (Disney and Christmas!) fanatics out there!!
    Coming soon to a Penneys near you...

Love it!!! I have been ringing few Penneys stores near me last few days to see when those giant baubles will be in! :rolleyes: ps love Disnemas word! ;)

100 days until Christmas!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    Mods, think we need Christmas themed smilies!lol

It is the pay day today so think I'm gonna order matching pjs and bedding! :PFound out that the boss is a fellow Christmas freak so we bonded over that!

We're going away for the weekend and will be passing the Range today so will stop by to check if they have Christmas stuff in yet! ;)

Marks and Spencer Christmas stock is on the UK website!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/c/christmas?OmnitureRedirect=christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Marks and Spencer Christmas stock is on the UK website!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/c/christmas?OmnitureRedirect=christmas

Their food was launched during the week also:
    http://www.irishnews.com/lifestyle/foodanddrink/2017/09/14/news/marks-and-spencer-christmas-2017-range-1136745/?param=ds441rif44T

Or of your on Twitter the hashtag mandsxmas17 has some previews.

These were in Tesco Tonight!

21740056_1665769130122974_4475709250472554810_n.jpg?oh=46e969d10cb22f53cfa7a96b6176693d&oe=5A4CAB32

21731331_1665769160122971_691838984742296187_n.jpg?oh=481dc90d3b43cee58f08a6cb291a9a51&oe=5A5027D9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Yes yes yes! only 100 days to go!!! Been watching the countdown all week in work for this day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I am feeling very festive recently and it's not like me at all.
    I don't usually like thinking about Christmas in September because in recent years it's the thought of all the things I need to buy (and the lack of funds!) that fills me with dread, but things have improved slightly this year so instead of worrying, I am actually looking forward to Christmas.

I'm already thinking of doing a bit of online shopping this evening and maybe start looking in the shops for tops/jumpers etc for my fella and Dad.

I know it's early and I don't normally start shopping until November but what's the harm? I think if I start buying one or two things now, I won't feel stressed and if I don't see something I like, it's fine; I have loads of time to find something.

I am particularly looking forward to buying baubles for the tree actually. Last year we threw out loads; we hadn't bought new ones in 10 years!
    Where's nice to get baubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think the likes of Penneys and Dunnes are great for big boxes of baubles that don't cost a fortune, and then you can pick up individual decorations over the years to add. We started with a couple of boxes of cheap baubles and we're at the point now where we only use one of them so we can fit the other bits we've picked up.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement