Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Marks and Spencer Christmas stock is on the UK website!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/c/christmas?OmnitureRedirect=christmas

This reminded me of my favourite Christmas ad last year!!! Mrs Claus!! :heart:
    Really can't wait to see what new ads will be like this year! ;)

That post about Tesco having their Christmas cake mix in made me wonder if I should have a go at making one this year- it is a bit of tradition for me to make mince pies and Maderia cake (with snow icing).

I second Toto on Penneys and Dunnes for Christmas baubles. Homebase is usually good for big box of baubles too. I bought ours in Homebase and Penneys 4 years ago but don't use much now as we added to our Christmas decor collection over last few years 😠I got Disney themed bits over last 2 years so I may be on the track to having a Disney themed tree (2nd one) this year with Penneys latest Disney Christmas bits if I could get them!

Loughc wrote: »

Still think Lindt advent calendar is the best! ;) 6 weeks until I can get one! :D usually go to Derry for Halloween celebrations so would drop in Sainburys for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Speaking of penny's they have amazing disney baubles coming in store this year ! Be definitly worth it !

Hea fussyonion :)
    Christmas can be a costly time of year and put a lot of pressure on people. I find picking bits up early in the year really help. For instance supervalu have 3 bottles of 2lt soft drinks for 5 euro. Even picking up little bits like that and putting them aside for Halloween and christmas really help !

I hope u enjoy this year a bit more xxx

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Speaking of penny's they have amazing disney baubles coming in store this year ! Be definitly worth it !
    Yep totally!! They are meant to come in this week so may be there waiting until 9 to check every day and go to work a bit later!lol

• Advertisement

Yep totally!! They are meant to come in this week so may be there waiting until 9 to check every day and go to work a bit later!lol

Did u have any luck with the local store. ?
    Mr glitz came home with one of the light up rose in the jar ! :) heard cogsworth is due in soon too !!! Eeek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Still think Lindt advent calendar is the best! ;)

We got one in Brown Thomas last weekend. Picking up a Lindt one locally for me can be a little difficult.

Ladies !

Any recommendations for a good beauty advent calender ? Feel like treating myself this year .. after I tell Mr glitz which one to get lol ;)

Did u have any luck with the local store. ?
    Mr glitz came home with one of the light up rose in the jar ! :) heard cogsworth is due in soon too !!! Eeek :)

They weren't very helpful at all saying there is no such system in place! My friend saw the bell jar and said it wasn't impressive so she left it it but does you like yours?? Might get her to go back and get it for me ha! I actually had few bell jars with roses and fairy lights as one of centrepieces at our wedding :D

Would love to know about the beauty advents too!!

Freshpopcorn, I didn't realise that Brown Thomas sell Lindt advents- how much is it?

They weren't very helpful at all saying there is no such system in place! My friend saw the bell jar and said it wasn't impressive so she left it it but does you like yours?? Might get her to go back and get it for me ha! I actually had few bell jars with roses and fairy lights as one of centrepieces at our wedding :D

Would love to know about the beauty advents too!!

Freshpopcorn, I didn't realise that Brown Thomas sell Lindt advents- how much is it?

€8.50

Advent_Calendar_160g?$detail_main$

€13.50

Blissful_Advent_Calendar_300g?$detail_main$

€15.00

Bear_Advent_Calendar?$detail_main$

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had the red calendar above last year and the blue one the year before. Love Lindt! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Love it!!! I have been ringing few Penneys stores near me last few days to see when those giant baubles will be in! :rolleyes: ps love Disnemas word! ;)

100 days until Christmas!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    Mods, think we need Christmas themed smilies!lol

It is the pay day today so think I'm gonna order matching pjs and bedding! :PFound out that the boss is a fellow Christmas freak so we bonded over that!

We're going away for the weekend and will be passing the Range today so will stop by to check if they have Christmas stuff in yet! ;)

Thank you!! I have always called it that because its always been a family tradition to watch disney movies on christmas, probably didn't invent Disnemas though :v

If you find out let us know please DYING for them!!!!

I can't believe we're in the double digits now!! So so excited I can barely control myself!! I was a student last year but a working person this year and I'm so looking forward to not having to stress over exams and money Yeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Wasn't there an advent calendar thread last year?

They weren't very helpful at all saying there is no such system in place! My friend saw the bell jar and said it wasn't impressive so she left it it but does you like yours?? Might get her to go back and get it for me ha! I actually had few bell jars with roses and fairy lights as one of centrepieces at our wedding

It's ok! A bit small but I love it I have it on my make up table. It's just a nice little knick knack really :) but worth getting imo

Omg I love the idea hahah I have toyed with that centre piece myself and :p great minds think alike; )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ladies !

Any recommendations for a good beauty advent calender ? Feel like treating myself this year .. after I tell Mr glitz which one to get lol ;)
    I got the Marks & Spencer one last year and loved it.

Girls, what are The Range prices over here like? I see some nice bits on their website but might nip by Liffey Valley one of the days and pick up a few bits from them. :)

Girls, what are The Range prices over here like? I see some nice bits on their website but might nip by Liffey Valley one of the days and pick up a few bits from them. :)

I love the range !!!! Was there for first time spent just under 50 euro and got a large metal effect vase for my hall a large hurricane glass for centre piece decoration for christmas / Halloween, 2 large wall art decals and some craft supplies !

Well I'm not a girl but The Range is priced fairly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I wouldn't be a fan of Lindt chocolate but i'd love if Galaxy brought one out. Iceland have a few Christmas bits on sale, I may have picked up a jelly tots and rolo tub as stock fillers ;)

Well I'm not a girl but The Range is priced fairly enough!

Hahhaha love it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Wasn't there an advent calendar thread last year?

Yes there was. I think it's almost time for a new thread for this year too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of Lindt chocolate but i'd love if Galaxy brought one out. Iceland have a few Christmas bits on sale, I may have picked up a jelly tots and rolo tub as stock fillers ;)

71asSISTJYL._SX385_.jpg

My local Tesco had one last year. Similar to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thanks for that I'm gonna be on the lookout now :)

Autosport wrote: »
    71asSISTJYL._SX385_.jpg

I might get one of these as well Galaxy is my favorite chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Just seen this article about the Christmas 2017 advent calendars
    Some really nice one coming out

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/beauty-trends/a38073/best-beauty-advent-calendars-2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hea fussyonion :)
    Christmas can be a costly time of year and put a lot of pressure on people. I find picking bits up early in the year really help. For instance supervalu have 3 bottles of 2lt soft drinks for 5 euro. Even picking up little bits like that and putting them aside for Halloween and christmas really help !

I hope u enjoy this year a bit more xxx

Aw thank you so much.

I think I will start buying bits and bobs now. You're right, it csn get very costly when you leave everything til the last few weeks.

That's not a bad idea about picking up things like minerals or even the tins of sweets when they come out.
    Thank you again.

Double digits!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I love the range !!!! Was there for first time spent just under 50 euro and got a large metal effect vase for my hall a large hurricane glass for centre piece decoration for christmas / Halloween, 2 large wall art decals and some craft supplies !
    That is a great price for everything you picked up. Can't wait to visit their LV store now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Great to see this place buzzing!! In relation to a get together I have no idea when/if I will be home this Christmas. My OH is trying to work the dates and it involves me taking unpaid leave...which is nice.

Someone mentions the Marks and sparks mrs claus, that was a brilliant. I had to get onto itunes to unhide my christmas stuff from previously purchased. God I hate them, they have deleted donnie darko from my account as it no longer exists so you don't own it, you basically rent it.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Aw thank you so much.

I think I will start buying bits and bobs now. You're right, it csn get very costly when you leave everything til the last few weeks.

That's not a bad idea about picking up things like minerals or even the tins of sweets when they come out.
    Thank you again.

Think tins of sweets and biscuits are 2 for 10 in dunnes at the minute. They are great for picking up for neighbours family visits etc and really take the pressure off.

Smyths have a sale on at min ans argos will normally do there 3 for 2 in October. Plus heatons have half price toys at min and great offers in their sport section !

• Advertisement

That is a great price for everything you picked up. Can't wait to visit their LV store now!!

I had a ball in there hahahaha can't wait to go up again ! Happy shopping :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement