Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I can't belive I didnt know about the galaxy advent calender! :p I love galaxy choc ! Will have to keep an eye out thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Just out of the range! Got quite excited seeing Christmas section even though they were still putting stuff on the shelves! Managed to leave without buying anything festive just a jug, peeler and wine opener- very exciting!lol but Christmas stuff was fabulous, may go back next week! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Are there any Christmas movies being realesed in the cinema this year?

Are there any Christmas movies being realesed in the cinema this year?

I only know of 'man who invented Christmas' coming out in November

Speaking of movies I think I'm gonna do DVDs advent this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Available in Dealz!

21743049_903128689851922_7607429374165266256_n.jpg?oh=87a5a8c6d12c74db6dfedb25c1af33ce&oe=5A5264AF

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Very useful especially for people who do the Elf on a Shelf. :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Very useful especially for people who do the Elf on a Shelf. :)

Can I just add something on this this for anyone who does elf on the shelf?
    The wine bottle christmas jumpers and cute little santa coats , which they sell in homestore and more and heatons , fit perfectly onto little elves in case anyone has an elf dressing up this year :)

Tempting to do the whole Elf thingy at our house even when we don't have kids!! :P But I can send pics to his sis for her kids and they may want to visit us every evening then.......good excuse to do Christmas activities then! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Finally more people, a rare quiet day for me meant I almost had to ban myself for spamming this forum :P

Loughc wrote: »
    Finally more people, a rare quiet day for me meant I almost had to ban myself for spamming this forum :P

I'm only posting more now because I moved desks so no fear of it looking like if I do nothing but post here all day :p Not sure if I'll move to my 'ideal' desk beside window in few weeks time now when one of girls leave now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tempting to do the whole Elf thingy at our house even when we don't have kids!! :P But I can send pics to his sis for her kids and they may want to visit us every evening then.......good excuse to do Christmas activities then! :rolleyes:

My mother bought me an Elf last Christmas and I'm looking forward to terrorising my husband with it this year. He finds the whole thing creepy. :D Great idea to send photos to the kids though!

My mother bought me an Elf last Christmas and I'm looking forward to terrorising my husband with it this year. He finds the whole thing creepy. :D Great idea to send photos to the kids though!

You're giving me ideas about torturing hubby with it now!! :p Like putting it in his work bag, work shoes etc................. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I'm in a clients so have to be careful, I am stupid busy and there is 6 of us on a desk designed for two (therefore my screen is visible). Im pushing the team so can only dip in here first thing in the morning or near the end of the day as I can't be seen slacking. Its amazing how much those little Numbers highlighting new comments on the Christmas thread gets me excited.

Past half way through September and I haven't bought a pressie yet. Panic!!!!

At least you have something to look forward to the end of the day reading comments as it gets busier ;) 6 people at the desk for 2 people?? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You're giving me ideas about torturing hubby with it now!! :p Like putting it in his work bag, work shoes etc................. :rolleyes:

Work bag is a fantastic idea! Definitely doing that!

I don't post often from work (too bloody busy) but it's a very laid back place so it's not an issue really. Plus no one can see my screen. Plus part of my job is on my phone so if I'm posting from my phone it looks like I'm working.

We are not a welcome guest so they have given us minimal space and assistance. Not exactly a Christmasy feeling. Plus I barely know the other team members.

Anywho, I realised yesterday that the CD in my wife's car is the home alone soundtrack. I put it in last christmas and text her on the way to work to turn off her podcast and put on the CD. Nearly at that time now.

Toto, you got me started!! :P Things to add to the Christmas folder that Glitz make me want to get in other thread! ;)

Jude13, that is sooooo sweet!! Bet it made her smile!

Toto, you got me started!! :P Things to add to the Christmas folder that Glitz make me want to get in other thread! ;)

She thinks Im mental and keeps saying I will ruin christmas this year as it wont be special, god only knows what she would say if she knew I posted here year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Taken from a Facebook group I'm on, pics of Harry Potter & Disney baubles due in to Penneys. €5 for 4 small ones or €6 for a large one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That's so sweet :)

Anyone who hasn't seen Terry Pratchetts The Hogfather, it's on YouTube and is a kinda Christmas movie. Well, it's based on his worlds equivalent of Christmas; "hogswatch". Its dark, a bit odd and funny. I made my hubby watch last night because "technically it's not a Christmas movie". (Parental guidance)

• Advertisement

Adult elf on the shelf ideas.... pinterest ....

That's all I'm saying folks hahahah :p

There is space in the folder for elf shananigans ;) go wan ... get an elf hahah

We are about 1300 posts away from requiring a second thread.

I think we'll do it this year.

We're just under 1,200 posts away from getting there now, I think we'll get there this year as well. It'll be our first ever Christmas Forum Thread Sequel, not bad for a seasonal forum ;)

It just amazes me how well the forum keeps ticking away over the year, we're blessed to have a great bunch of posters who visit this forum.

The best thing about Boards and especially the Christmas Forum, the quality of information and help available to other posters is far superior than any other platform of Social Media.

Taken from a Facebook group I'm on, pics of Harry Potter & Disney baubles due in to Penneys. €5 for 4 small ones or €6 for a large one.

Need them!! :D Confused over when they would come in though because it says online that it will start coming in this week but I went in this morning and asked one of managers (who looks new) she said Christmas stuff won't be out until end of Sept.

Glitz, starting to think you're dangerous for my pockets!! Psst I'm gonna check Pinterest later! :P

Amen to that Loughc! I will admit that I tried to find groups on FB before but nah it ain't the same at all! :D

I will admit that I tried to find groups on FB before but nah it ain't the same at all! :D

Same! The Facebook groups annoy me, it's just spam and share x,y or z if you love Christmas. Of course I bloody love Christmas I wouldn't be adding FB Groups in September if I didn't.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I never really looked at the first few pages on the thread, loughc and Posy are still around, what about the rest?

Oh god, that thread only started in 2013 but I can't believe Star-Pants closed their account.

They were a great poster. I hate the close account option on boards, I completely get how life can get away and by all means it's good to step away for a while but closing an account is so final and I would have loved to keep in touch with some of our older posters, especially on a smaller forum like this the posting community is much tighter and you really notice when someone drops off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just noticed that they are a lot more toy ads on than normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I love this forum, don't post very often but I'm always here observing (just like Santa!!!) Love that I can ask a Christmas question in the Summer & not be considered a weirdo!!!

Just noticed that they are a lot more toy ads on than normal!

I never really appreciated the power of those toy ads until I heard that how sister in law got Santa presents sorted because of how kids react to it or scream Mammy I want that ;) speaking of it, I offered to buy few sets for Sylvanian families house as this is the main present from Santa - anywhere I could get them cheap? Saw few on eBay that may do the job just not same brand.

Shadow, I love the way you said just like Santa! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I don't get to post on here as often as I'd like to, but I love the fact that there's new posts on here every day, even during the summer months. Plus it's a great place to keep track of when Christmas slowly starts in the shops etc. from September! :D:D Ps: you're all just lovely in here! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement