Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Wait ... I'm amending my statement .. I forgot I have been known to rob all the little purple sweets and the green triangles out of the quality street :pac: works out well because Mr glitz hates them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've a relative and he asks his wife what's the nicest sweet in the box/tub. If she replied the eclair he'd take all the eclairs out of the tub and hides them so nobody else can eat them except himself!

I've a relative and he asks his wife what's the nicest sweet in the box/tub. If she replied the eclair he'd take all the eclairs out of the tub and puts them hides them so nobody else can eat them except himself!

If there was a laugh option for this I'd be pressing it that is hilarious hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

All this talk of chocolate has my mouth watering ...
    I'm under the weather the past week with Sinuses my head has been like mush, I couldn't even post here loved reading everyone's posts though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    All this talk of chocolate has my mouth watering ...
    I'm under the weather the past week with Sinuses my head has been like mush, I couldn't even post here loved reading everyone's posts though

Hope you're feeling better Sarah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

So nice catching up and reading all posts! Excitement is bubbling inside! :D
    Autosport wrote: »
    I'm in a few Christmas groups on FB and in one of them we're doing a Christmas card exchange. It's a great idea to receive cards from other countries and also to give them

Aww this is such a lovely idea! I would love to know the name of that group! I'm a sucker for getting post and it seems Christmas cards aren't as popular as it used to be :(

Would love to see Glitz's spider scene in Lidl!! Wonder if they still have CCTV evidence! ;)

I have to say the same, I felt the same about posting here for the first time like if I was about to gatecrash! But I'm really glad I did! Best decision as it saves hubby from being tortured about Christmas all year (slightly!) ;)

I wasn't a poster at time of Glitz's Toy Show experience but I really loved reading that thread! Felt like if I was there myself! Must actually read it this evening to pass some time at work ;) Also the traditions thread as I was looking to make new traditions for us at time! Not easy trying to please both families keeping traditions up either i.e. I would like to watch a movie and do soppy stuff on Christmas eve night but his father is trying to hold on to his tradition of going to pub with boys (and girls).

I gotta admit I enjoy it whenever someone start a wee debate (even if it is repetitive) like which sweets are better....think cinammon! :P I think it is good fun ;)

I love the ideas of greatest ever Christmas films and recipes countdown!! I'm totally down for that! Speaking of Christmas films- it is probably old by now but I think I'm gonna do a flims advent after seeing it on FB- wrapping 24 DVDs and open one every night and watch it that night!

Our local town is having a Christmas market on 2nd and 3rd Dec which I thought is perfect for going into the month with Toy Show on 1st Dec!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The films advent calendar is a fantastic idea. You could also do it with Netflix - write down the films on a piece of paper and pick them randomly out of a bowl.

I just heard an ad for the Gaiety panto on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Was listening to the All Ireland final in the gym and heard the gaiety panto add playing at halftime, surreal looking at the Dubai skyline hearing that. I went to it one year, never again, not because of the show but the madness of the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've started saving in the post office for mam and dad. I'll give them the post office book Christmas week which will be a nice boost for them. They are ok but they are on a pension so an extra bit of wriggle room the most expensive time of year really helps them. I love going in every Friday and putting the money in, as it feels like a countdown to the big day! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

aw thats so nice! I do that for my mam too..I usually save throughout the year on Dunne's stamps and I giver her my Dunnes money vouchers from the year too, and then giver her that and some cash about 2 weeks before Christmas. Shes always delighted as she can get most groceries etc and use the money then for something else for HER!(only problem is she still ends up using it for more presents! :p)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

snowgal wrote: »
    and use the money then for something else for HER!(only problem is she still ends up using it for more presents! :p)

The curse of the Irish Mammy.

Awh guys that's so nice and thoughtful :) I'm sure your parents really appreciate it too !

Frozen party food available at Tesco!

21764921_1669771333056087_3177890053940366926_n.jpg?oh=7a3aabef4b824dd26ca18025742d5841&oe=5A3BA758

21617714_1669771433056077_3436204211647005579_n.jpg?oh=9c5168782bbd5303e7656e5a45a6c3eb&oe=5A5EA4A9

Oh nice, the Christmas cracker thing looks amazing, I'm very partial to puff pastry and cranberry.

Never thought on Netflix Toto! Cheers! :D

Oldnotwise & snowgal- that is sooo lovely! Actually think I will suggest that to hubby's siblings!

Wow chicken Christmas trees!!!

Brilliant idea Toto love that idea of the movies I always feel I don't get to watch enough of them in the run up to it,

I've been slacking on the Dunnes savings stamps I need to get the head down I suppose that's a Christmas tradition that's been passed down to me by my late aunt (my other mother so to speak) it's just dawned on me writing this post that it is a Christmas tradition passed down
    She would have a laugh now if she was here ..me telling her about the Christmas forum I talked about here in the forum regularly to her she would smile or if she seen things she would say post on boards

It's a rotten evening we are popping around to my mothers on the way back getting some goodies for a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

How about a boards Christmas movie night every week til Christmas? As Toto said above, put all the best movie names in a hat & draw out 14 (14 weekends til Christmas Eve!) and we all watch them at the same time (while telling the OH that you're starting a family tradition :D). Or do a poll where all the titles are listed and everyone picks their fave 14. The 14 with the most votes are the ones we watch.

I like this Bong!! ðŸ˜

Seeing as it is ISL awareness week I'll leave a wee link here for yas to check if you feel like watching something awesome! A good excuse to listen to the song Santa is coming to town! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Never thought on Netflix Toto! Cheers! :D

Oldnotwise & snowgal- that is sooo lovely! Actually think I will suggest that to hubby's siblings!

Wow chicken Christmas trees!!!

I bought the chicken Christmas trees and they went down a treat here ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks freshpopcorn! Loving the littlewoods decorations - so many!

Thanks freshpopcorn loved having a little browse online liitlewoods have gorgeous stuff, was in my local boots they are starting to put out the Christmas stock it's so exciting I love browsing through the Boots gift guide when they come out

I went to Dunnes to buy some pyjamas as gifts they hadn't got the sizes I want so off to order them online :)

I said to my other half this morning I can't wait for Christmas fm to start he started mocking me off course....any dates for Christmas fm yet ?

I said to my other half this morning I can't wait for Christmas fm to start he started mocking me off course....any dates for Christmas fm yet ?

No dates yet, or word on Charity Partner, hopefully we get some news soon.

If I was guessing I'd guess Wednesday November the 29th for a go live date!

I've been getting a hankering for some Christmas music lately. I think it's time to start raiding Apple Music soon... I really want to hold off to October at least so I get more longevity out of the songs.

Thanks Loughc I know what you mean about longevity...I hate the way the day after Stephens day the Christmas music does be gone from the shops
    Years ago they wouldn't have been

Thanks Loughc I know what you mean about longevity...I hate the way the day after Stephens day the Christmas music does be gone from the shops
    Years ago they wouldn't have been

And off the Radios and TV... It's one of my pet peeves Christmas does not end Midnight December 25th!

Loughc wrote: »
    And off the Radios and TV... It's one of my pet peeves Christmas does not end Midnight December 25th!

Yeah it totally sucks, imagine everyone on here in the Forum the last week in November we will be in flying form if Christmas fm kicks off the Wednesday then the Toyshow the Friday.....and then if any elves get tickets awwhhhh the excitement

Yeah it totally sucks, imagine everyone on here in the Forum the last week in November we will be in flying form if Christmas fm kicks off the Wednesday then the Toyshow the Friday.....and then if any elves get tickets awwhhhh the excitement

Yea that's a great week on the Countdown to Christmas Calendar. ChristmasFM, Toy Show and the 1st of December all in the one week! Loads of Festivities that week!

I just did a survey and got asked about Black Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Dave, of 'Dermot & Dave' on Today FM, is doing the show on his own ATM as Dermot is sick. Dave is a fan of cheesy tunes and Christmas songs. Today he was debating playing Mariah's 'All I Want For Christmas' before reluctantly deciding not to in case he got into trouble for playing a Christmas song in September.

Dave, if you're on this forum in some guise, we have your back. You play that Christmas music without fear!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement