Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ian Dempsey was talking about the Irish singles that have done the best in the U.K. and Fairytale of New York was one of them so he played a little bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I *somehow* started watching the John Lewis Christmas ads on YouTube... I just have something in my eye, ok???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Started singing Wham Last Christmas, last night. I didn’t listen to any Christmas music it seems the Christmas music choosed me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Woohoo my presents I ordered from Dunnes are ready for collection
    I am partial to singing the chorus of A Christmas To Remember - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton, I was doing abit of a remix in the shower last I'm sure my neighbours kids were like what the hell, their mammy wont mind she's a Christmas nut like all of us, I wonder if she is on here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

M&S are doing a full range of vegetarian food for Christmas! I'm so excited. I am going to stock up the freezer as soon as it is in! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

SarahLil wrote: »
    Woohoo my presents I ordered from Dunnes are ready for collection
    I am partial to singing the chorus of A Christmas To Remember - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton, I was doing abit of a remix in the shower last I'm sure my neighbours kids were like what the hell, their mammy wont mind she's a Christmas nut like all of us, I wonder if she is on here :)

oooh I love that song.....singing it in my head now.....as I can't sing and I'm at work :D:D

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Dave, of 'Dermot & Dave' on Today FM, is doing the show on his own ATM as Dermot is sick. Dave is a fan of cheesy tunes and Christmas songs. Today he was debating playing Mariah's 'All I Want For Christmas' before reluctantly deciding not to in case he got into trouble for playing a Christmas song in September.

Dave, if you're on this forum in some guise, we have your back. You play that Christmas music without fear!!

I sent Dave a screenshot of this post on Facebook and he said "Amazing!" :D

He didn't promise to play Mariah though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I follow this shop on fb......I only wish I had enough beds for all the lovely Christmas sets

https://www.facebook.com/interiorstylencw/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

You'd be like Hyacinth Bucket with the Royal Doulton!!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    You'd be like Hyacinth Bucket with the Royal Doulton!!

That's the first thing that came to my mind as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

70 nights until Toy Show!!!! Just mentioned on Late Late show there!! :D
    And for some of us, until we have our trees up!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Santa's assembly lines have started here today and love actually was on tv the other night; it's a sign!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

70 nights until Toy Show!!!! Just mentioned on Late Late show there!! :D
    And for some of us, until we have our trees up!! ;)

Speaking of trees, I need this tree in my life.

https://www.facebook.com/laurie.cooper.908/posts/10212732489641648

Now that gotta be one of best trees ever!! Looks magical too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

For anyone into arts and crafts and making your ow decs, etc. this group may be of interest to you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1846817822219751/

One of my friends added me into it a while back, some good ideas pop up every so often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Feeling festive watching Strictly on a darkened evening! :)

Alicat wrote: »
    Feeling festive watching Strictly on a darkened evening! :)

Same. We have candles lighting and a Christmas cookie yankee candle melt burning. It smells so good!

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-guinness-ad-will-be-banned-under-new-drink-laws-says-lobby-group-36155444.html

The end of an era no more Guinness Christmas ad. This is literally political correctness gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Loughc wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-guinness-ad-will-be-banned-under-new-drink-laws-says-lobby-group-36155444.html

The end of an era no more Guinness Christmas ad. This is literally political correctness gone mad.

In fairness the only part of the Guinness ad I'd describe as in any way "iconic" is the end which would still appear even in the drinks lobby group's edited version.

• Advertisement

Aw no! It only makes you feel all Christmassy not give you craving for Guinness! Wonder if we could a wee petition to stop it from being banned or edited? It is basically a staple of Irish Christmas now :(

Aw no! It only makes you feel all Christmassy not give you craving for Guinness! Wonder if we could a wee petition to stop it from being banned or edited? It is basically a staple of Irish Christmas now :(

Petitions never work. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm sure if enough signed it, it would.

I'm sure if enough signed it, it would.

But you’re going up against advertising standards. They wouldn’t change a whole standard over a petition.

No harm trying? Sorry I was just feeling quite sad reading the article and I like to try and be proactive if I can. It is madness! :(

It is madness. I wonder how long before the traditional Christmas tv adverts will be completely replaced by viral marketing and social media advertising.

Spotted these at Tesco tonight!

22045781_1673683145998239_3224623715996676555_n.jpg?oh=5bacb0eb9012f4236590c16f56a028f2&oe=5A49FF40

21765102_1673683212664899_8492930123404135619_n.jpg?oh=4c1b8f835e6723d267b7c104766cde85&oe=5A43837B

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I bought a few Cadbury chocolate snowmen today :D only 3 months to go :D

I got a packet of Snow Bites on the weekend. So good. I’m glad they are back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I bought these things in Tesco. Testing them out for Christmas. I thought they might be fun for me to have since I don't eat ham.
    I genuinely felt sick after eating them. Now feel sick thinking about them. They even tasted nice but something about them made me heave. Avoid avoid avoid!

I've also been testing ice creams for over the season. I take this job very seriously indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement