Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So Hanson, Gwen Stefani and 98 Degrees are all releasing Christmas albums this year!

The 90’s are back!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    So Hanson, Gwen Stefani and 98 Degrees are all releasing Christmas albums this year!

The 90’s are back!

There'd better be a Christmas version of Mmmm Bop!

My nephew asked his dad to put Willy Wonka on yesterday. Smart kid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There'd better be a Christmas version of Mmmm Bop!

My nephew asked his dad to put Willy Wonka on yesterday. Smart kid.

I literally just said if they don’t add sleigh bells to mmmmbop they are missing a trick haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Lidl book has a few cake/pudding supplies in it and a picture of a Christmas pudding.

This day 3 months is Christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Started singing Wham Last Christmas, last night. I didn’t listen to any Christmas music it seems the Christmas music choosed me :pac:

Now that's a song that became special for me. I was living in the middle of nowhere, and had meet a girl a few times, most of the time with others present and got on well.
    With dutch courage I asked her if she wanted to come on a hike that weekend. She agreed which was great and brave, new country, new guy etc. So the day we meet up I had prepped and planned, got a haircut, even cleaned the jeep even though it would get manky. Told her we would drive for 3 hours hike up through a dry river bed, climb through a cave to waterfall whilst it touching 40 degrees. She must of thought I was mad.

Anyway I've everything perfect, clean car, loads of chilled drinks and nibbles. But I hadn't accounted for a 3 hour drive, obviously sober so no drunk talk. So after a while she I say we'll throw on some tunes to as the radio signal had gone. She offered to put on my ipod, she hit shuffle top 25 played. Nearly everyone was a christmas tune and that was the first one. Middle of Oman, 40 degrees, July and Christmas tunes. She was a keeper.

Anyway in summary: first date in July, awkward silence so put on the ipod all christmas tunes, she didnt run away, now Mrs. Jude.
    --

In relation to the Guinness ad my favourite bits are the ones with the people and dog, man looking at his watch. And the 'don't forget to turn of the lights!'. I will youtube the bejayus out of that add.

So what will everyone be doing this time 3 months from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »

In relation to the Guinness ad my favourite bits are the ones with the people and dog, man looking at his watch. And the 'don't forget to turn of the lights!'. I will youtube the bejayus out of that add.

Best christmas advert ever IMO.
    I always say that its not christmas time until I see that ad on the telly. Even in my 40's the first time I see it ever year I get all excited. Then I'll youtube the bejaysus out of it!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Drooling over the smell of turkey! And hopefully a hell of a lot less cranky than I am today. I need a lot of Christmas music in my life right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Drooling over the smell of turkey! And hopefully a hell of a lot less cranky than I am today. I need a lot of Christmas music in my life right now!

Must be going around today - I'm having a rubbish day :(:(:(

So I came on here to escape work for a few minutes and dream about all things Christmassy. This time 3 months I'll be having a glass or two or mulled wine while waiting for the turkey to cook....

• Advertisement

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Must be going around today - I'm having a rubbish day :(:(:(

So I came on here to escape work for a few minutes and dream about all things Christmassy. This time 3 months I'll be having a glass or two or mulled wine while waiting for the turkey to cook....

Yep definitely going around I'm in the same boat as ye, hence my post, I wanted to get some festive cheer going instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

For us, we will be chilling out and helping nieces & nephew play with their new toys before we go to my home for 2nd Christmas dinner! :P Since we got married we couldn't agree on which family to spend our first Christmas with so it is becoming a bit of tradition that we go to his home first for Christmas lunch (at 1pm) and then dinner with my family in evening around 7pm lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Jude, that is such a lovely story!! You're right it proved that she is a keeper putting on some Christmas songs and not battling an eye at it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Does anyone know when the Boots catalogue comes out?
    Also, are there any other shops who have Christmas catalogues? My partner and I love looking through them.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Also, are there any other shops who have Christmas catalogues? My partner and I love looking through them.

It's generally around October 10th!

fussyonion wrote: »

It's generally around October 10th!

Ha I love that you know the date! Thank you

Smyths catalogue!

21687548_10159451103125074_3777278000343181163_n.jpg?oh=e8b95a40b07c0bb4e8de588c9f2dbc6e&oe=5A867C83

Oooooh thanks!!

I still have all the 2016 catalogues at home and I don't dump them until I get the 2017 one!

Forum to request a 2018 Christmas2u catalogue just popped up on Facebook!

http://christmas2u.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=445c0f952a98f75aa8ff85ff5&id=8ed40a2520

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

This time 3 months won't be long over dinner tidying up after cooking for my 2nd Christmas...getting into pyjamas deciding what to have for dessert....decisions decisions or I might have it all :) then what will I wash it down with more prosecco or a beer or maybe a refreshing G&T

What about everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

This time 3 months I’ll be sitting down after what I hope has been a wonderful day. My youngest was very sick last Christmas Day and she was bah humbug all day!

At this time 3 months I’ll be having some processco, wondering if it’s a wise decision to take out the cheese or not, but knowing that I will 🎅ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Sooo exciting!! I'm hopeful that this time three months we'll be just settling onto the couch with the two year old in bed and be devouring a box of snowballs! I'm a Christmas baby so we'll be just be back from birthday supper and bubbles in my parents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

My local hickeys pharmacy has a stock of new Yankee candles, the lady in the shop was wrapping gifts for display I nearly yelpt with delight I was like OMG Christmas stock she was nearly apologising I just blurted out I love Christmas
    Looking forward to smelling some of the new scents "perfect tree" I think was one..., looking forward to reviews on here too

Spotted these tonight!

22007424_1674592929240594_2506604761442687213_n.jpg?oh=ebd0bbf7f439e358efc8417a3c48cd26&oe=5A49C0B1

21767962_1674592979240589_1777177350415293419_n.jpg?oh=e7e73b19c6029be668c62826e667dcc4&oe=5A48B3E1

OOOoh interesting. One comes with a little Christmas organiser and everything. They know their market.

OOOoh interesting. One comes with a little Christmas organiser and everything. They know their market.

They were about €7 in my local Spar!

They were about €7 in my local Spar!

Not too bad. Sure they’re pure Christmas fluff but sure who doesn’t love a bit of fluff.

Aldi also have frozen turkeys in stock!

22008283_1674600575906496_7247087557761156430_n.jpg?oh=a03446c331db5cdb2ca6d3c876f6b60f&oe=5A57363B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Loads of Christmas stock in Tesco.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement