Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jude13 wrote: »
    Fake tree, fake Christmas was the motto in my house years ago. Due to traveling around then and my folks getting on we have gone for fakes the last few years.

I've never in my life had a real tree :( One day..

I'm starting to get the Christmassy feeling now. Planning to make little homemade hampers for people this year, and I'm testing recipes. So far so yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

King Krib wrote: »
    If you're stuck for an official taster let me know. I love christmas pudding..

Well, you're a rarity! I usually end up freezing mine when I can no-longer force feed it to anyone :rolleyes:

As a little aside, I bought a jingling elastic & fake fur Christmas collar for the craic in a local charity shop & my oldest cat is rampaging round the place like a kitten with it on. So far all attempts to eat off the jingle bells have failed :)

Update: sunk her teeth into me when I went to take it off her :o

Moral of the story: It's not worth trying for a cheap laugh at your cat's expense....

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Well I couldn't resist any more, I bit the bullet and put up 3 of my trees today. One is a green one, with just silver dec's on it.
    One is a white pop up, with mlticoloured dec's on it. (think, the Grinch, a Hooville tree)
    The other is a green pop up, with gold dec's.

Hubby promised to fish down the Hoochey Momma tree from the attic on Saturday. None of the trees I have could compare to that, but they brighten up a corner nicely! Along with the rest of the stuff. Christmas is only 6 weeks away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't wait to see them!! :D

• Advertisement

The hooville tree lights are to bright..so couldn't see all the pretty pinks, purple, an greens :-( It's the hoochie moma I wanna get my hands on.

Love them! The pop up one with the presents looks lovely.

I've thrown your trees into the tree thread too to kickstart proceedings! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Feeling extremely christmassy this morning! all this talk about putting up Christmas trees already! :eek::pac:

I think the city/town centre Christmas lights, Christmas ads on the TV combined with the sudden recent drop in temperatures has people feeling pretty festive quicker than normal this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Went to Jervis yesterday and the lights were up in some places, got me feeling all Chritmassy (is that even a word?). Came back to work and sent out a mail getting the wheels in motion for the work Christmas night out. Hoping the next month flies by :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 nickynoo

King Krib wrote: »
    If you're stuck for an official taster let me know. I love christmas pudding..

I might take you up on that, i got a recipe from odlums website. Not sure how good it will be.

kfallon wrote: »
    Went to Jervis yesterday and the lights were up in some places, got me feeling all Chritmassy (is that even a word?). Came back to work and sent out a mail getting the wheels in motion for the work Christmas night out. Hoping the next month flies by :)

Yes, yes it is....:pac:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/christmassy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes, yes it is....:pac:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/christmassy[/QUOTE]

Thank God, didn't want to be embarrassing meself on my first post here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My luffly boyfriend made me this to bring for lunch :D

My luffly boyfriend made me this to bring for lunch :D

what is that - like I know its a tree but what food?!

He made it using Wilton Candy Melts, candy-cane flavour. Half price and Homestore and More. Got the little molds in Ikea.

He made it using Wilton Candy Melts, candy-cane flavour. Half price and Homestore and More. Got the little molds in Ikea.

Aaaaw that's so sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Hi Mashedbanana I was in Heatons today ( no I didn't buy anymore Christmas decorations ;-) ). I happen to notice they had roles of decorative ribbon 2 m for about €2, it was about 2 to 3 inches wide with a stiff edge would that be the geo mesh your looking for ??? They had it in gold too.

They have lots of lovely things in Heatons and for anyone with babies and kids really adorable Christmas onesies and jumpers

I just saw your tree pics they are gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Posy wrote: »
    I think the city/town centre Christmas lights, Christmas ads on the TV combined with the sudden recent drop in temperatures has people feeling pretty festive quicker than normal this year. :)

Yea, you need crispy weather to get in the mood alight- that and Die Hard 11 on the TV:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Has anyone else become incredibly lazy since the clocks went back? I feel like I have no energy for anything after work besides lying on the couch and eating my body weight in chocolate!

I've had such an unproductive week, I've spent all day playing catch up :pac: Now, back to the fire and the telly for the rest of the night :D

• Advertisement

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Has anyone else become incredibly lazy since the clocks went back?
    Em, yes. Since the clocks went back.

>_>

<_<

I got railroaded into buying another box of biscuits yesterday. Box of maltesers too ( I used to love them), had to hide them though. Cos, they will eat them.

I think the kids are doing a Christmas play this year. We couldn't do it the last few years due to bad weather, but they are hopeful this year. Not a mention of 'learning my lines' or songs yet. I'll be driven potty, once they get going. I asked the youngest, what she wanted to be in the play, she shrugged me off! charming! I suppose everyday is Christmas to kids.

I have them on the look out for houses that have/in the process of decorating. They are well trained, and have spotted a few. I must keep an eye out for some new toys for the hound, cos Santa calls to him too! I have seen my local town council/men, out with a cherry picker the last few days. But I can't see them actually doing anything! Not a glimpse of a coloured bulb. I think they are just teasing us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Just saw my first set of residential Christmas lights!! Up near Ballybough. A big well lit 'Merry Christmas' is up over someone's front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Santa Clause is on RTE now. \o/ Great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

The Santa Clause is on RTE now. \o/ Great movie.

Watching it. Love it, makes it feel like Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Our tree went up today. Its like Santa's village here. ..

Went to a lovely garden centre yesterday and then Avoca to look at all the Christmas things :D

Then was driving down the quays last night and saw a tree lit up in the window of an apartment!

Have the house to myself today so gonna make some of Christmas presents, might stick on some music or a film!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Howdy all :D

So far I have purchased a tub of Quality Street and a tin of biscuits. Planning on getting a couple more bits next week, and the wine buying will commence :D

Also must get the Christmas Card List sorted cos don't wanna be late for the overseas posting and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Emcm wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen the John Lewis Christmas ad? I almost cried hope my link works if not Utube it so beautiful

There's a Christmas ad topic and all the ads from this year are linked there including the John Lewis :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement