Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't believe it! It's flying in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I've been catching up on this thread throughout the day and only just finished there now.

Last few days weren't great and today was an awful day, tomorrow won't be much better. :(

Going through more treatment now and honestly I am baffled as to how some people work with the general public and patients in particular.

Some people need an attitude and personality test before being allowed to work the vulnerable patients/people IMO!

Cross your fingers tomorrow goes well for me folks, please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

SB, best of luck, positive Christmassy thoughts being sent your way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thinking about you today SB. Hope you get a chance to check in later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All the best SB sending you all the Well wishes and luck. Remember how strong you are and how much you’ve overcome so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Sending magical vibes your way SB! Really hope it goes well for you and you're amazing! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fingers crossed for you, SB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Wishing you all the best today SB. Definitely treat yourself to something Christmas themed when you’re up to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Fingers crossed for you SB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Wishing you all the best today strippedboxers! :) don't let some one in a bad mood drag you down either. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know a few elves will love this vid

https://vimeo.com/228392933

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Jude13 wrote: »
    SB, best of luck, positive Christmassy thoughts being sent your way
    Whispered wrote: »
    Thinking about you today SB. Hope you get a chance to check in later.
    Loughc wrote: »
    All the best SB sending you all the Well wishes and luck. Remember how strong you are and how much you’ve overcome so far.
    Sending magical vibes your way SB! Really hope it goes well for you and you're amazing! :)
    Posy wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you, SB!
    A_smurf wrote: »
    Wishing you all the best today SB. Definitely treat yourself to something Christmas themed when you’re up to it. :)
    Cork Lass wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you SB.
    Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Wishing you all the best today strippedboxers! :) don't let some one in a bad mood drag you down either. :)

Thank you all so much <3

Today went better than expected :D

I also realised today that in about 5 weeks I will have my tree up, decs up etc. Its getting close to the time when I order my Christmas candle too. Getting excited now.

I am hoping to go to The Range in Liffey Valley to get my tree, does anyone know do they deliver? I know they deliver from the website but would like to see the tree in person and if I could get it there, it'd be great, but if not, can order online too :)

Need to get a few decs, so hopefully I can get some in TR too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Delighted today was better for you SB than expected. Starting to get more organised for Christmas now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Delighted to Hear SB.
    I've never been in The Range but have heard amazing things. Must have a look on their website. I'm in the market for some cooking things, Christmas duvets and I've decided that I absolutely need a cute little apron this year.

Tonight I bought the first Christmas present. It should be delivered by Monday. I dunno if I'll last until Christmas. Maybe I just ordered the little fella a new toy just because..... then I can give it to him immediately.

How do you parents who shop all year keep the pressies hid. I'm lethal. Ot hasn't arrived and I already want to give it to him. When he's old enough to ask where the gifts are hidden I'll really be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Great news SB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Fantastic to hear stripped ! And love the festive attitude ;)

Not sure about delivery..I do know they are opening a store in carlow on the 6th of October and I can't wait !

I also realised today that in about 5 weeks I will have my tree up, decs up etc. Its getting close to the time when I order my Christmas candle too. Getting excited now.

I'm jealous of you having your tree and decs up SOON! :D make sure you post photos to keep rest of us going until we can put ours up ;) PS so delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just bought my first Christmas present :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Just bought my first Christmas present :D:D:D

I ordered my first Christmas present and it arrived today. It feels so satisfying being able to tick a person off my 'To Get Presents For' list.

And even better than that, what I got her is what would be considered a luxury item, but it worked out a good bit cheaper than it would be usually because there was some autumn sale on, and on top of that because i signed up to the store's newsletter i got a code for 10% off. :D Delighted with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Gt an email there today & I see Pigsback.com have a few Christmas items on 'sale', the crackers are tempting!
    https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/browse/gifts-shopping/christmas#/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

kitten_k wrote: »

It took me a few minutes as a guy to figure out what that was. I was originally thinking it was for the tree and then I thought it was a mirror for the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

While it was lashing yesterday I browsed the Christmas collection on the Hotel Chocolat website. They have Winter Spice Hot Chocolate, Cocoa Mulled Wine and Gingerbread Chocolate Spread amongst other goodies. Roll on the opening of their first Dublin store!

I also wandered through the Christmas section in Boots today and it cheered me up!

This made me laugh a lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I watched that on the bus home a few weeks ago and I'd say I got a few strange looks because of the laughing. :D The bit where the turkey is like sawdust is hilarious.

I watched that on the bus home a few weeks ago and I'd say I got a few strange looks because of the laughing. :D The bit where the turkey is like sawdust is hilarious.

I love that. It’s a little dry. Well I’ve had it in the slow cooker since March :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Just put a few Santa presents in the attic as the toddler was safely asleep. Got very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just put a few Santa presents in the attic as the toddler was safely asleep. Got very excited!

Santa must have dropped the stuff early at your house!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Just seen this on Facebook
    Christmas fm is back in 59 days
    There charity this year is sightsavers
    Can't wait for Christmas fm to come back on &#55356;&#57220;&#55356;&#57220;

https://www.facebook.com/christmasfm/?hc_ref=ARTjAiZAlaCARMoJ4KJsvCVy63P2MqNAInz_D9nQef6Ey3rQ_n5ZPnBP2Ray-NKGMD0&fref=nf

• Advertisement

For those wanting Galaxy advent calendar it is in my local range so it might be in rest of stores! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement