Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Haven't been on in a while, could only go back 15 pages or so to try catch up!

Sb, glad to hear you got some good news x

So, a few presents in and a good bit of Santa done, thanks to smyths with there 10 euro off sale:-) can't believe how fast it's coming now, most of the shops have some bits in but dealz now has a full aisle in my local store, happy days!!!! Not long till I can give the kids the tickets for Disneyland, I don't know how I've held my tongue, so much want to show them the videos of the Christmas parade and decorations. Only thing is, we will miss the toy show now, but I think they just might want to go to Disneyland instead this year, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thank you all so much, reading your posts here really lifted my spirits this week. It was an awful week but you guys cheered me up no end <3

I need to start picking up bits and pieces now for my family/friends to make a start on everything. Going to start that next week hopefully.

Can anyone recommend somewhere online to get nice, good quality clothes for babies please? I need to get a few bits and soon cos I've to post them out :o Agh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

October tommorow.

Really getting closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm hearing a good few ads for DFS saying order your sofa for Christmas!

• Advertisement

Just saw an ad for a furniture shop on ITV with a kid putting a star on a Christmas tree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm hearing a good few ads for DFS saying order your sofa for Christmas!

How long can it really take for a sofa to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

How long can it really take for a sofa to arrive?

Ours is from DFS and it took about 8 weeks. They have to make them before they can deliver them. And I'd imagine that this is a busy time of year with people sprucing up the house for Christmas.

We_wish_you_a_Merry_October.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Happy first of October elves :)

Today is the day I start my Halloween deco and from then on its a quick slide into christmas it goes in the blink of an eye.

I made a promise this year to stress less and enjoy christmas more. ( I'm usually very organised but last year I was so busy I really didn't get a chance to stop and take a moment )

So I'm ahead of the game this year. Got the christmas eve boxes , have started packing them and picking up sweets for stockings gift baskets etc , card lis has been checked and amended, 90 percent of the gift shopping done and I've just started decluttering bedrooms , bedlinen and dinnerware /delph. Feeling more optimistic this year :) :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

1st day of October, how I love autumn ! Went to a great seasonal fair and bought lots of goodies like honey, marmelade (doubt they will last till Christmas, though ! ) there were a lot of garden stoves burning and the smell was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Can anyone recommend somewhere online to get nice, good quality clothes for babies please? I need to get a few bits and soon cos I've to post them out :o Agh!!!

Next and Debenhams have nice kids clothes you can get online. M&S also have lovely kids clothes that are good quality, but I'm unsure if you can order online.
    Save

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Staph wrote: »
    Next and Debenhams have nice kids clothes you can get online. M&S also have lovely kids clothes that are good quality, but I'm unsure if you can order online.
    Save
    Thank you so much. I will check them out and see what I can find.

Looking for a nice coat in particular so hopefully I find one.

Staph wrote: »
    Save

M&S is very hit and miss online. The UK website has everything and the Irish website takes a good while to put up stock! They do deliver and they have click and collect facilities. There is generally good promo codes going around for there website tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Think Christmas has started a little in my house, today I ordered a LED shower light for the outside of the house that lights up the walls making it look like snowflakes are falling all down it and the wife has ordered Christmas cushions for the couch :)

Boots Gift Guide 2017!

DK-xmFKXoAADYSG.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Which poster's kid recently fell in love with some stupid toy that seems to have mostly been released in Australia? (Damn you youtube!) And which poster's kid had the bright idea, several days after it was explained to him that they aren't available in Ireland, that maybe Santa could bring them with his magic?

The same poster who just won a bundle of said stupid toys in an ebay auction!!!! W00t!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hooray! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Well done Iguana. When I hear things like that, where a parent battles the odds to get the toy that the child wants, and every child
    on the planet wants it as well.... confirms that Santa does exist, and is alive and well in the heart of parents trying to make Christmas special for their loved ones..... X.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

And obviously I shouldn't call them stupid toys because they aren't at all stupid to him. He'll be so happy to get them on Christmas morning. I've won one set that he really wants, a bigger set, a truck thing and lots of the little cars. So he'll be ecstatic as the sets connect together and he'll be able to do that on Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Thank you all so much, reading your posts here really lifted my spirits this week. It was an awful week but you guys cheered me up no end <3

I need to start picking up bits and pieces now for my family/friends to make a start on everything. Going to start that next week hopefully.

Asda have lovely kids clothes and they deliver for free to the ROI, as long as its not any of their Disney-branded stock.
    https://direct.asda.com/george/kids/D25,default,sc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Well done Iguana. When I hear things like that, where a parent battles the odds to get the toy that the child wants, and every child
    on the planet wants it as well.... confirms that Santa does exist, and is alive and well in the heart of parents trying to make Christmas special for their loved ones..... X.

With the above in mind should any Santa on here find that they cannot locate a toy for a kid but have found it for sale in the UAE let me know and I can pick it up for them and bring it home with me around the 16th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Jude....you must be Santa.s No 1 Elf..........lol.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What a lovely gesture!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Mariah Carey is flying the flag for Christmas lovers everywhere - she already has a tree up :D

https://twitter.com/i/moments/914788363877707777

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

strippedboxers, someone at work mentioned littleones.ie for clothes and developmental toys. I don't know if it is any good but she loves it.

Jude, that is such a Christmas gesture good on you!! :D

Just back from Lidl/Aldi both have their Christmas stock out Nothing new really stood out to me apart from maybe a new fruity nougat at Aldi!

Saw this online.
    http://www.spin1038.com/what's-on/dublin-is-getting-a-city-centre-ski-village-in-time-for-christmas-

CHQ in George's Dock will be transformed into a ski village just in time for Christmas this year.

Aprés Lodge will be the city's first, bespoke Christmas party venue and will see the 900sqm building made to look like an authentic ski lodge with street food, DJs and an Austrian house band.

Aprés Village will be a space for all the family with a Santa's grotto, mulled wine, festive treats, market stalls and winter choir performances.

The village is free to attend while the Aprés Lodge starts at €15 per person which guarantees entry and one food and drink voucher.

Corporate Christmas party tickets include one food voucher and three drink tokens and begin at €40 per person.

The attraction launches on November 30th and will run until December 23rd.

Tickets are available from the Aprés Dublin website now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

I know too well the panic of not being able to find an Elsa doll one year so if I can spare you guys that I will be happy too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement