Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads it is pure hot chocolate weather out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Lads it is pure hot chocolate weather out there!

Nooo don't say that! I'm trying to stick to one hot chocolate a week and if I have one today I won't last the week without a second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Nooo don't say that! I'm trying to stick to one hot chocolate a week and if I have one today I won't last the week without a second one.

I had two hot chocolates this week already :o was lovely having it last night as I made one for hubby too and we drank them snuggling under fleece blanket watching TV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had one today and its 38 degrees. Means a longer jog for me tonight though.

Need to get down about 6 kilos by christmas just so I can put it back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Haha i drink it everyday as i'm not a coffee drinker. Especially when its topped with whipped cream - delicious

• Advertisement

I'm totally on board with drinking it at home every day but I'm trying to avoid buying it too often because I really don't need to be spending all my money on hot chocolate! (And cake!)

I'm totally on board with drinking it at home every day but I'm trying to avoid buying it too often because I really don't need to be spending all my money on hot chocolate! (And cake!)

Someone at work told me that our local cafe do lovely hot chocolates and asked me if I want to go there for lunch this week but I declined! I'm afraid that if I go and love it I will want to go every day :o She also mentioned that they do festive hot chocolates closer to time so I will wait until then! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some days I think it's a blessing, other it's a curse that there isn't a decent coffee shop near where I live, otherwise I'd be living on Hot Chocolates.

It won't be long before Starbucks and Costa roll out their festive drinks. Would it kill either of them to make a Nutella Hot Chocolate haha.

Nutella Hot Chocolate sounds too sinful!!haha! I bet it would be delicious though- I'm one of those people who would eat out of jar lol

Nutella Hot Chocolate sounds too sinful!!haha! I bet it would be delicious though- I'm one of those people who would eat out of jar lol

Yep same, that's why I can't have it in my house... I'd get a spoon and would go to town on it.

• Advertisement

Yep same, that's why I can't have it in my house... I'd get a spoon and would go to town on it.

Be hard to say no to a personalised Jar for Christmas though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Some days I think it's a blessing, other it's a curse that there isn't a decent coffee shop near where I live, otherwise I'd be living on Hot Chocolates.

It won't be long before Starbucks and Costa roll out their festive drinks. Would it kill either of them to make a Nutella Hot Chocolate haha.

Where I work is hipster central so decent coffee is a must around here!

I caved this morning and got a hot chocolate. I'm also wearing an extra layer of clothes and having soup for lunch so I'm in full winter mode!

One of my Facebook memories today was when I posted that M&S had their Christmas decorations up on this day in 2011.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A cafe round the corner from our old office did delicious hot chocolates, I still remember the lady who used to make them all the time :P It's probably for the best that they sold up and closed and I moved offices a little further away, they were far too easy to drink in the winter! That said, there's plenty of temptaion around here too and a Butlers Hot Chocolate will have to be sampled at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Was at the cinema at the weekend and saw a trailer for "Daddys Home 2". Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg and Mel Gibson are in it and its Christmas themed. It looks hilarious!
    Not sure if it'll be up there with the cult classics but its the first trailer for a new Christmas movie that I've seen so I'm excited :D

Brilliant! I really like Will Ferrell after Elf! Actually feel like watching Elf this evening now I think about it but I will try to hold off until Nov....at least :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Seen these in Penneys in Blanchardstown
    The Santa's are so cute

These too in Penneys

Haven't been on in few days my mothers not too well her emphasema is getting worse lots of infections and tests quick trip to Penneys for more pj's and came across the Christmas stock pictured above it gave me a little pick me up
    Up and down to hospital can be hard, god help my mam though but she's in the best place
    Good to get on here and catch up on things with a cuppa :)
    Jude that was so nice of you, you are number 1 Elf, iguana well done on your prizes
    Looking forward to a hot chocolate in the coming weeks and getting to Arnotts and BT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I finished my radiation therapy today :D So excited :D

Going to look at our Xmas decs next week and see what we want/don't want and then plan our trip to The Range :D

I think I might order a few bits from Front Gate too as they seem to have a couple of nice bits and bobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The Range is opening in Carlow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I finished my radiation therapy today :D So excited :D

Going to look at our Xmas decs next week and see what we want/don't want and then plan our trip to The Range :D

I think I might order a few bits from Front Gate too as they seem to have a couple of nice bits and bobs :)

Delighted for you that the radio therapy is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Delighted for you that the radio therapy is over.

Thank you so much :D Its such a relief to have it over and done with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Out walking around with mr glitz yesterday and it was lovely to stroll through the shops all the christmas deco making its way into store. Even picked up a copy of the m and s food order book :pac:

This is the first year I wish I could skip halloween and go straight to christmas :)

Keep seeing trailers for bad moms christmas on my Facebook feed and it looks hilarious :pac: Def one for the cinema day in December ; )

Every year I want to skip Halloween and get to November 1st haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Any of ye doing the Christmas Shoe Box appeal for Hope....I saw it mentioned on IrelandAM this morning.... I always think it is a great idea, to give to some children that cant experience Christmas like we do. It is another sure sign that Christmas is getting near....when Hope start the appeal.....

Good news striped boxers glad to hear
    Cold today could do with a baileys coffee or hot chocolate
    Anyone see this ?https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/4617730/aldi-is-selling-a-pumpkin-spiced-baileys-and-its-cheaper-than-the-real-deal/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Guess who is just back from the range ! And I spent most of it exclusively upstairs with the christmas decorations lol got some cute little elf report cards a santa cam and elf door and stickers and some amazing glass and silver tree decorations :pac: love that shop !

Loughc I Def agree with you this year I gave no interest in halloween this year lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Love the Elf report card. What a brilliant idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement