Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

22221577_1684196921613528_924447006873075805_n.jpg?oh=2e7516981869d83bdfdd09d306475559&oe=5A3E4659

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Has anyone seen Office Christmas Party? I know its more an adult Christmas movie but I might watch it tomorrow, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Has anyone seen Office Christmas Party? I know its more an adult Christmas movie but I might watch it tomorrow, is it any good?

Adult yes but a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm home alone tonight so decided to watch A Very Merry Mix-Up.

Anyone seen it, what did you think of it?

We're into the seventies!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'M SO EXCITED BY THIS. :D

These were out in Aldi tonight!

22281857_1684260478273839_2377155626495598231_n.jpg?oh=7c6fdf3514416e77adfb25e5a5df40b4&oe=5A3CB273

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Yeah. I was a bit of a crap mum the other evening, we were in Aldi and the Christmas party food was being stocked. S asked if we could buy the duck spring rolls and have them for tea. Despite feeling like I should say no and choose something healthy, I said yes and we shared a whole box of delicious Christmassy spring rolls as a meal.

iguana wrote: »
    Yeah. I was a bit of a crap mum the other evening, we were in Aldi and the Christmas party food was being stocked. S asked if we could buy the duck spring rolls and have them for tea. Despite feeling like I should say no and choose something healthy, I said yes and we shared a whole box of delicious Christmassy spring rolls as a meal.

There's vegetables in Spring rolls there healthy!

I love the cheeses Aldi have at Christmas, esp the one that has Rioja in it. Just gorgeous.

I started looking at the food shop the other day, there is only two of us, so not a huge amount to get but still, it is nice to have a rough idea of our shopping list for that week :)

Bits like alcohol, biscuits, sweets etc we will start picking up in the next few weeks and hopefully have them all gotten by the start of Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Any of ye doing the Christmas Shoe Box appeal for Hope....I saw it mentioned on IrelandAM this morning.... I always think it is a great idea, to give to some children that cant experience Christmas like we do. It is another sure sign that Christmas is getting near....when Hope start the appeal.....

We always do 2 each year. My eldests sons school normally organises a collection for hope so we do a boy and a girl box. I think it's important for kids to see how fortunate they are and remind them not to take things for granted. Helps remind them what the phrase christmas spirit is really about too !

My eldest son has asd too and is obsessed with dogs. His good deed each year is doing jobs each week for a bit of money. We spend it in dealz mostly to make up a hamper for dogs / pups at christmas time in a local shelter. The girls in the shelter normally give him a little tour and a pet of the dogs as a thank you :) makes his week !

Love the Elf report card. What a brilliant idea!

Aren't they the cutest little things ! Think 25 of them in a packet so should be enough to keep the kids in line for December : pac: I cant wait to use the dummy santa cam hahaha

iguana wrote: »

Think you meant awesome mom :pac: I'm sure your son didn't mind :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Think you meant awesome mom :pac: I'm sure your son didn't mind :)

I have to agree. Iguana is the best mom ever! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

First Christmas single this year. What we all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Apologies for lack of posting lately I have been busy since late August. Anyway heading up to Brown Thomas next Saturday on my way to the RDS.

Took photos of my Christmas stuff to send to someone on whatsapp this evening and ordering my Christmas Tree on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »

I'm not feeling it. I'm sure it will grow on me if I hear it often enough but I think it's a bit generic or boring or something. But I'm very excited that a Christmas song has been released. :D

I'm watching a film on True Christmas and the main character is an awful person. I can't wait until she realises the true meaning of Christmas in an hour or so. :p

u87j7VXuLiE
    Not a fan of that song at all.

I love this one by Coldplay - again, wouldn't be a big Coldplay fan but I do love this song.

I'm watching a film on True Christmas and the main character is an awful person. I can't wait until she realises the true meaning of Christmas in an hour or so. :p

Okay so she's reliving Christmas Eve over and over until she does it right and all I can think of is how much I could eat on Christmas Eve knowing it was all going to be reset overnight. I'd start with an entire ham!

Okay so she's reliving Christmas Eve over and over until she does it right and all I can think of is how much I could eat on Christmas Eve knowing it was all going to be reset overnight. I'd start with an entire ham!

I see your ham and raise you a Every tub of sweets ever.

• Advertisement

I see your ham and raise you a Every tub of sweets ever.

Excellent choice! And vats and vats of hot chocolate with all the marshmallows.

Family Guy is Willy Wonka themed tonight. Beer rather than chocolate though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Got all my flights booked this weekend. Back earlier than usual. We have a nights stay in the Monart voucher, just trying to see when they have availability, hope it is Chrismassy.

I seem to be influencing my OH as she asked would the first week of November be too early, in a rhetorical way, for the tree to go up as we have visitors then.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I can only dream of having my tree up that early!!! the MIL has let my toddler play with Christmas baubles all year long and tells her to catch "the ball" when she throws them. God knows what LO will be like when she sees a tree full of baubles after being let play with them all year long!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

The Mail on Sunday (UK) has a banner at the top of the paper in relation to the chance to win a Christmas tree. Its creeping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Striped boxers thanks for posting that song I've never seen the video till now
    I see from Facebook Nigella was in her Christmas kitchen filming her new Christmas cooking programme can't wait :)
    Oh Jude your visitors will be pleasantly surprised in November with your decorations up
    I see Blanchardstown shopping centre is now open at 10 am on Sunday's Penneys too open at 10am
    Went for a nice a walk in the Phoenix Park this morning lounging around at home now might do some browsing for gifts online, leg of lamb going in the oven soon for dinner then this evening up to the hospital too see my mother then home from Strictly results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Picked up a box of Christmas cards earlier and a serious rush of festive excitement has hit me!

Picked up a box of Christmas cards earlier and a serious rush of festive excitement has hit me!
    Oh this is something I need to get as well, I am waiting for the charity cards to hit the shops. Hopefully they are out soon :)

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything about the LLTS? Any idea when applications for tickets open?

Can't find anything on Google. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement