Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Okay so she's reliving Christmas Eve over and over until she does it right and all I can think of is how much I could eat on Christmas Eve knowing it was all going to be reset overnight. I'd start with an entire ham!
    So it's like a Christmassy Groundhog Day? :pac:
    Family Guy is Willy Wonka themed tonight. Beer rather than chocolate though!
    Ah, I love that episode!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anyone heard anything about the LLTS? Any idea when applications for tickets open?

Can't find anything on Google. :(

No idea but it should be soon.
    Last year it was announced on the 14th of October. Keeping an eye out on their Facebook page!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last year it was announced on the 14th of October. Keeping an eye out on their Facebook page!
    Thank you so much <3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not long to wait!! :D

I'm home alone tonight so decided to watch A Very Merry Mix-Up.

Anyone seen it, what did you think of it?
    I finally finished watching this movie tonight, it was great it really was, there are some sad parts which had me in tears and some good parts too.

If you like a love story, give this a watch.

They aren't normally my type of film, but this was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's my OH's first Christmas in my folks house, we are staying in my folks but having dinner in my aunts which is a short walk away. Any idea's on how to make it special for her?

Tesco Finest candy cane crisps!

767d4b8259da0645fa0863e7271e3b67.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Janey macker, not sure how I feel about them ^^^

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tesco Finest candy cane crisps!

767d4b8259da0645fa0863e7271e3b67.png

I walked by these in the crisp aisle in Tesco on Friday and actually shuddered. It’s a horrible combination. Mint and crisps. Ewwww.

Jude13 wrote: »
    It's my OH's first Christmas in my folks house, we are staying in my folks but having dinner in my aunts which is a short walk away. Any idea's on how to make it special for her?

Try doing something just the two of ye. Possibly in the morning before ye join the madness. Also do something that she might do with her family. Any traditions they might have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

ITV.s morning show with Philip and Holly had a slot earlier about must have gadgets for Christmas....
    I was shopping this morning for baby present for a couple who had a baby girl 2 weeks ago. 2 of the baby shops had Christmas dresses and baby-gro.s in stock. I could.nt resist......... I met some bah humbugs when I picking them out..... I just smiled....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anyone who has ordered off Pat Pat, how did you find sizing and delivery times? About to order some pjs but don't know what size to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

So glad I found this thread as I love Christmas!!! I have been playing Michael Bublé since August. I am so excited for this Christmas as my daughter is one so we have santa!! I have already booked santa at causey farm and I cant wait! I am also collecting childrens christmas books and wrapping them up as I am going to do the 12 books of christmas (each night I will unwrap a book and read it to her before bedtime) I was up in the omni center in Santry and I picked up a peppa pig advent calendar in dealz they have some Christmas stock out already.

I started a Christmas shopping (grocery) list on excel this eve, think we will start getting a few bits of meat (that can be frozen) from next week onwards purely because we won't have any plans to be in town from Xmas eve til around New Years, only time we'd be in town is to grab some veg etc if we need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

ciara007 wrote: »
    So glad I found this thread as I love Christmas!!! I have been playing Michael Bublé since August. I am so excited for this Christmas as my daughter is one so we have santa!! I have already booked santa at causey farm and I cant wait! I am also collecting childrens christmas books and wrapping them up as I am going to do the 12 books of christmas (each night I will unwrap a book and read it to her before bedtime) I was up in the omni center in Santry and I picked up a peppa pig advent calendar in dealz they have some Christmas stock out already.

Welcome to the Christmas forum Ciara007. It’s a great forum all year round. I love your idea about the 12 books. On a separate note I bought advent calendars for the dogs yesterday :o

xmas 1.jpg
    Great idea. I always get my mam and dads dog a little something for xmas day! I am getting married on the 18th of November and ordered decorations from Jazzy Creations in August for the tree in the hotel.

Also ordered one of these for my nanny. I love Christmas decorations and I think these are beautiful. xmas 2.jpg

I started a Christmas shopping (grocery) list on excel this eve, think we will start getting a few bits of meat (that can be frozen) from next week onwards purely because we won't have any plans to be in town from Xmas eve til around New Years, only time we'd be in town is to grab some veg etc if we need it.

I love an excel list. I am totally stealing this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m going back to work tomorrow after 7 1/2 months of leave following my (failed) knee surgery. I’ll be starting my countdown to the Christmas holidays immediately.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m going back to work tomorrow after 7 1/2 months of leave following my (failed) knee surgery. I’ll be starting my countdown to the Christmas holidays immediately.

That sounds like a great idea blast some Christmas music on your way to work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loving the posts tonight.. I'm partial to an excel list myself, might play Christmas Lights from Coldplay while typing it :)
    Welcome Ciara

SarahLil wrote: »
    Loving the posts tonight.. I'm partial to an excel list myself, might play Christmas Lights from Coldplay while typing it :)
    Welcome Ciara

Thanks :) I am currently watching young at heart with my grandmother and enjoyed a baileys nothing says Christmas more then Frank Sinatra singing away and an old classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Popped into Lidl this morning before work and noticed that they have a Christmas goodies aisle. Didn’t get a chance to check it out though because I was already late!

Popped into Lidl this morning before work and noticed that they have a Christmas goodies aisle. Didn’t get a chance to check it out though because I was already late!

It's basically the same as previous years!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Saw some mulled wine in Lidl this morning! ;) Or was it Aldi..... can't remember which ha! Saw lovely bits on Manta Makes and Jazzy Creationz that I'm gonna order for Christmas presents this Friday along with plenty bits on wish.com ;)

Just made an apt to get my nails done for Christmas whoop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just made an apt to get my nails done for Christmas whoop :D

I never think of these things in time so thank you! I just did the same :D

I never think of these things in time so thank you! I just did the same :D

Good stuff my favourite place is booked up until end of year already! :O I tried another doll and she was booked up on the date I wanted but I managed to get an apt that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

And dont forget your pooches....you cant get an appointment to get dogs beautified in December unless you book well in advance....... We have 2 dogs...one who has to get clipped. Got caught the first year we had him....could.nt get an appointment anytime in December. Now he is booked in..about 6 months in advance....... Even our pouches have to be ready for Christmas.......!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My dog is already booked in for her Christmas groom! :)

I need to book my Christmas hair this week too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement