Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ikea in this neck of the woods has christmas decorations out. I will have to pop over and get some pics

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Posy wrote: »
    My dog is already booked in for her Christmas groom! :)

I need to book my Christmas hair this week too!

Must book my family dog in for some grooming too and get an apt for blowdry on Christmas eve!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Saw this over on Groupon. Some might like it for a Christmas Eve box.(Personalised Christmas book)
    Softback €3.99
    Hardback €6.99
    Delivery €3.99

c700x420.jpg

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/christmas-story-books

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Just saw this posted on Dublin At Christmas Facebook page:

Dublin at Christmas will light up the city on Sunday, November 19th. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks. It's going to be MAGICAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Just back from slimming world was very excited to see that they have released the Christmas magazine which comes with a 2018 calendar. There is a lovely recipe for gingerbread stars (edible Christmas decorations).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Saw this over on Groupon. Some might like it for a Christmas Eve box.(Personalised Christmas book)
    Softback €3.99
    Hardback €6.99
    Delivery €3.99

c700x420.jpg

https://www.groupon.ie/deals/christmas-story-books

Thanks freshpopcorn I just ordered one for my daughter great offer

Ohhh thanks freshpopcorn!! I will order two tomorrow when I get paid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

While doing my weekly shop I picked up some sweets for my OH Christmas stocking today and a packet of Christmas cards
    Had lunch with a friend and brought some Christmas slices from Dunnes for with a cuppa I love them :) I buy them every year I left them with her as I'm trying to be good and stay away from the nice stuff, I will stock up on them but hide them away till nearer the time

Dunnes had some decorations in today see below

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

SarahLil wrote: »
    While doing my weekly shop I picked up some sweets for my OH Christmas stocking today and a packet of Christmas cards
    Had lunch with a friend and brought some Christmas slices from Dunnes for with a cuppa I love them :) I buy them every year I left them with her as I'm trying to be good and stay away from the nice stuff, I will stock up on them but hide them away till nearer the time

Dunnes had some decorations in today see below
    Those decorations are stunning. I must pop into my local Dunnes next week and see what they have.

We're going to go through our Xmas decs and donate anything we don't want. Been meaning to do it for a while now so really need to get cracking on it.

Heading to LV in a few weeks to get our new tree and some new decs too. Super excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I love browsing at any shop with decorations Stripedboxers brilliant idea donating any spare decorations I'm sure someone will be glad of them and great timing to do the clearout who ever gets them it will take the pressure off

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    I love browsing at any shop with decorations Stripedboxers brilliant idea donating any spare decorations I'm sure someone will be glad of them and great timing to do the clearout who ever gets them it will take the pressure off
    That's what I am thinking and at least by doing it now it gives them a chance to start preparing and seeing what else they might need/want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Brown Thomas has the fake Christmas tree branches (sorry, don't know how else to describe it) all over the outside of the shop front. Windows are covered up too ... wonder if that means they're working on their window displays???

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Brown Thomas has the fake Christmas tree branches (sorry, don't know how else to describe it) all over the outside of the shop front. Windows are covered up too ... wonder if that means they're working on their window displays???

Generally it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I went to The range today and I may have bought some decorations. They have so much stock and it's gonna be difficult deciding on what colour theme I'll go with this year. Last year it was green/red and gold so I want to change it up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I had a really horrendous dream last night that we had no presents for the kids and I only realised at 4pm on Christmas Eve! In the dream, my husband was like "oh it's grand, sure they won't notice, we'll go out on St. Stephens' Day and get them" :eek: I was freaking out! We were going into shops and the shelves were empty & I kept saying "but she wants a bike and Frozen stuff"

I was so glad when I woke up. Going to take it as a sign I am very late in my prep - I had the kids presents bought in July last year! It's October, what am I at lol? :P:P

Striped, so tempting! But think I will try to resist it! ;)

I just ordered two of those personalised Christmas books for nieces, 4 personalised tree decorations (two for first Christmas married) and will order bits off wish.com when I'm in car because I found promo code but only valid on their app! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Some Christmas stock in Lidl from next Thursday :-)
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=162&week=2

Definitely think I need those remote control sockets this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Definitely think I need those remote control sockets this year.

We got them last year and they were brilliant! We actually use them all year round now to turn the lamps off in the sitting room. They are great

• Advertisement

In ten weeks times the schools will have closed up for Christmas and lots of people will have finished up for Christmas at work. The shops will be bust and open late and they'd be a great buzz around the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I work in a library and we're planning our Christmas programme, I love it! We're doing a Christmas tree treasure hunt, decoration workshops and storytime with Christmas songs amongst other things :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We got them last year and they were brilliant! We actually use them all year round now to turn the lamps off in the sitting room. They are great

Same I bought a set 2 years ago in Lidl and now I use them in every day life turning off the tv at night and lamps.

Life is better with them haha.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Did my (ex)hurricane prep today which makes it seem extra wintery as I never normally have to secure everything in the garden until mid-November.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I work in a library and we're planning our Christmas programme, I love it! We're doing a Christmas tree treasure hunt, decoration workshops and storytime with Christmas songs amongst other things :)

Sounds amazing! Can we come play too? :)

Looking forward to getting these but I hope they go on offer!

22405724_1690636430969577_4174051139586074562_n.jpg?oh=061c5c1306129f2fdd44516a35512efc&oe=5A72910C

Same the minute these go on offer I’m bulk buying!!!

Not having a good day today, don't know what is with me. I just feel disorientated and stuff and I've no idea why.

I've also noticed my depression/anxiety affecting me since I've finished treatment, probably because I've nothing to focus on treatment-wise at the moment so the realisation of the scale of everything I've gone through is starting to hit me now.

Meh.

:(:(:(

That was not a very post Christmassy, sorry! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

That was not a very post Christmassy, sorry! :o

No apologies necessary- we’re all friends here. Hope you feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement