Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That was not a very post Christmassy, sorry! :o

As Cork Lass said no apologies needed. It’s good to write down how you’re feeling even the negatives.

Try focusing your time and energy into the Christmas build up. We’re only just over two months out to the big day.

And anything at all we can do to help and take your mind off things just say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Cork Lass wrote: »
    No apologies necessary- we’re all friends here. Hope you feel better soon.
    Loughc wrote: »
    As Cork Lass said no apologies needed. It’s good to write down how you’re feeling even the negatives.

Try focusing your time and energy into the Christmas build up. We’re only just over two months out to the big day.

And anything at all we can do to help and take your mind off things just say :)
    Thank you both so much <3

I'll be okay, I know I will, just the struggle of mental health on top of other things makes it a wee bit harder.

Cancer is hard, but mental health is so much harder.

That probably sounds stupid and makes no sense, but, it is the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hugs SB. You've been so strong (in your posts anyway) through it all. You must be physically and emotionally exhausted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Stripedboxers we are all here for you, be kind to yourself you are probably drained you have been through so much, take time for yourself there is nothing wrong with taking time for your and it's ok to be not ok
    Feel better soon

Made a quick trip to Blanchardstown shopping centre this morning more Christmas stuff starting to arrive everywhere
    Penneys had some lovely decorations anyone on the look out for a new Christmas wreath Penneys have lovely ones very well priced see pictures below

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Curtains closed, lots of candles, including Christmas scents, dogs asleep on blankets, and watching True Christmas Movies on d telly....
    bliss. Too mild for the fire.....but plenty of atmosphere with the candles.... What ye at ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Curtains closed, lots of candles, including Christmas scents, dogs asleep on blankets, and watching True Christmas Movies on d telly....
    bliss. Too mild for the fire.....but plenty of atmosphere with the candles.... What ye at ???

Couch. Strictly. Xfactor. Treats. Bliss. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I.m not enjoying the 6 Chair Challenge. When the 6 seats are full, the audience are like vultures roaring for other contestants to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I did something embarrassing lately. I watched old Christmas day episodes of Coronation Street on Youtube. I had a massive nostalgic moment looking at the old characters/decorations/people getting play station one's/videos.

Got out for a walk earlier, leg of lamb in the oven for dinner shortly, it's a day for staying in with candles and being cosy

Feeling really excited for Christmas today I've booked an oven clean for my mothers for tomorrow hope to meet with handyman too this week to get some painting done in my mothers for Christmas she's coming to us for Christmas and coming away with us too but it will be nice to see the house looking well for Christmas

Any ideas where I would get a nice full Christmas tree that would sit on a table to go in my mothers window ? I did the whole big tree last year as it was our first Christmas without my late Aunt, but it was too much for me decorating both houses and cooking my first Christmas dinner, my mother isn't very well with her emphysema but still would like some sort of a tree up

I've wrote a Christmas grocery list today I've broken it down into sections non perishables that I can buy in advance, then other things like baking paper tin foil napkins, etc that I can get in advance
    My Christmas Eve list consists of what I need in my local butchers then my local Superquinn for potatoes, carrots, parsnips and fresh cream
    The big shop will be done that week in Dunnes then to Aldi and Lidl for specific things :)

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »

Any ideas where I would get a nice full Christmas tree that would sit on a table to go in my mothers window ? I did the whole big tree last year as it was our first Christmas without my late Aunt, but it was too much for me decorating both houses and cooking my first Christmas dinner, my mother isn't very well with her emphysema but still would like some sort of a tree up

What height tree and real or artificial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

The storm tomorrow is going to make it a very Christmassy day.

I hope everyone stays safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Spent the day giving the house a good clean - the next time that will be done will be for putting the Christmas decorations up!!

We put out our Halloween lights and it’s really making me wish my decorations were up already!

What height tree and real or artificial?

Artificial tree 3ft or 4ft anything that would look good on knee height table to go in front of a window :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

kitten_k wrote: »
    We put out our Halloween lights and it’s really making me wish my decorations were up already!

You watched Celebrity Chase too, then?! :D

Posy wrote: »
    You watched Celebrity Chase too, then?! :D

Yep a bit of light entertainment for a Sunday

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Re did my hurricane prep as I'd only made it secure for normal stormy weather, tomorrow is being predicted to be unprecedented so some stuff just didn't feel secure enough. I did loads and loads of laundry so I'll have plenty of clean clothes if the power is gone for a few days. Then I decamped S and I to my parents' house as they are more sheltered than I am and don't have trees within falling distance. I know we'd be safe in my house but if a tree came down on or near us it would be terrifying for S, so he'll be happier here. My parents also have a camping stove and a genny, so we can eat hot food in the event of prolonged power cuts.

SarahLil wrote: »
    Artificial tree 3ft or 4ft anything that would look good on knee height table to go in front of a window :)

I'll keep a look at for you!
    The only place that I know that really has a full Christmas shop open at the moment is The Range!

https://www.therange.co.uk/christmas/christmas-trees-and-tree-decorations/by-size/4ft/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

iguana wrote: »
    I did loads and loads of laundry so I'll have plenty of clean clothes if the power is gone for a few days. Then I decamped S and I to my parents' house as they are more sheltered than I am and don't have trees within falling distance. I know we'd be safe in my house but if a tree came down on or near us it would be terrifying for S, so he'll be happier here. My parents also have a camping stove and a genny, so we can eat hot food in the event of prolonged power cuts.

Reason number #91 why I want iguana to adopt me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Posy wrote: »
    Reason number #91 why I want iguana to adopt me.

It's really my parents you want to be adopted by. My parents came home from camping today, picked all but a few low hanging apples on their trees. Then my dad came to my house and went up a ladder to secure a few loose roof tiles. Then the two of them brought S out their back so he could pick the low apples they'd left and be all proud of himself.:D

• Advertisement

I'll keep a look at for you!
    The only place that I know that really has a full Christmas shop open at the moment is The Range!

https://www.therange.co.uk/christmas/christmas-trees-and-tree-decorations/by-size/4ft/

Thanks so much X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Guys I hope you all stay safe throughout it all.

Iguana you are so prepared for everything, fair play to you. Hopefully those trees don't fall and cause damage. I'll be thinking of you!

I've chicken, duck and fish cooking now. Least if our power goes we can eat them cold with salads, in sandwiches/wraps etc. We don't have gas or any other way to cook hot food so hoping that if our power does go, it won't be gone for long! Fingers crossed!

Spotted this in Lidl tonight. Didn't take to much notice because I was getting in bits encase we get stuck with the weather tomorrow. It looked like it was soaked in Alcohol tough!

22450174_1692614284105125_7254935370261410685_n.jpg?oh=24ae0a7174f7ebfadc13f74526431905&oe=5A69FC5D

Stay safe everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Stay safe all my Christmas loving buddies!!

Stay safe everyone and keep an eye out on all pets and elderly neighbors and family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Went for a jog with the mutt this morning, she was in terrible form barking more training needed. It was very Christmassy, very dark, dew on the grass and people had there houses decorated with lights for diwali.

Wish I was home to look after my folks, don't think the east is meant to be hit too hard. Stay safe elves.

If people have power Today. I can see people going a little mad it there off work and start Christmas shopping online!

Stay safe elves! We have been instructed to work from home today.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement