Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

There is a 40% discount code so it would be €35 which I suppose is still a bit expensive but then it would last many years and I'd put our surname on it. And it would be used to store some of precious decorations afterwards too. But still seems a bit steep :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There is a 40% discount code so it would be €35 which I suppose is still a bit expensive but then it would last many years and I'd put our surname on it. And it would be used to store some of precious decorations afterwards too. But still seems a bit steep :P

It's not to bad at €35 to be honest and you'll get a few years out of it!
    I think of I had these as a child I'd still be looking for my Christmas Eve box in my twentieths.

It's not to bad at €35 to be honest and you'll get a few years out of it!
    I think of I had these as a child I'd still be looking for my Christmas Eve box in my twentieths.

Mum got me my stocking when I was small and I still make sure it is out every year even though I don't live at home anymore :D it is still as good as new too so that is a good (and lovely) point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A house on our road has Halloween decorations up and right in the middle of the window they have a wreath with colourful lights that definitely looks like a Christmas decoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Advertisement

Penney's Toy Show range 2017

Hooded owl blanket with mittens €16

penneys-llts-1-1.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=960

Hot chocolate mug €6

penneys-llts-6.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=960

My First Toy Show sleepsuit and hat set €10.

penneys-llts-2-1.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=960

Slipper socks €3.50

penneys_854236.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=620

Boys pyjamas €10

penneys_840912-1.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Girls pyjamas €10

penneys_840898.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Ladies pyjamas €10

penneys_840901.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Ladies jumper €16

penneys_840900.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Girls jumper €13

penneys_840897.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Mens jumper €16.

penneys_840902.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Eye mask €3

penneys_840895.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

My First Toy Show bib €3

penneys_840904-1.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Santa letter set €2.50

penneys_854235.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Coffee mug €6
    penneys_840896.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Christmas baubles set €5

penneys_840909.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

Christmas stocking €5

penneys_840906.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=640

The collection will go on sale 7th November and they will donate €75,000 to Temple Street!

I love hot chocolate mug and bauble! I wish I could get girls pjs for myself though haha more festive than ladies pjs. Pity there is no men pjs would love to get ones for hubby. Amazing collection all round though :D 6 weeks until Toy Show whoop!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It's a great collection. Love the bauble and the mugs and the girls PJs!

• Advertisement

Aldi Gin Baubles!(On sale 12th November €26.99)

gin_286607.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Sadly had to say goodbye to my dog today. Christmas this year is definately going to be a little bit more sombre without him around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

gidget wrote: »
    Sadly had to say goodbye to my dog today. Christmas this year is definately going to be a little bit more sombre without him around :(

Im so sorry to hear that :( heartbroken im sure.

Im sure you gave him a fantastic life <3

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sadly had to say goodbye to my dog today. Christmas this year is definately going to be a little bit more sombre without him around

I know how you feel this is my first Christmas without my dog too. I'm gonna miss not receiving a card and present from him.

Sadly had to say goodbye to my dog today. Christmas this year is definately going to be a little bit more sombre without him around

Gotta admit I'm thinking about taking my family dog to vet next week to see what is wrong with him and possibly consider saying bye to him :( he is 12 so 11 Christmases with him in my family- wee siblings had more Christmases with him than without. But on positive side, he really contributed so much to those Christmases getting excited with us whenever we heard Santa's sleigh bells on Christmas eve and going nuts over the sight of wrapped presents as he love presents! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, gidget. Mind yourself. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

So sorry to hear that. It's so tough. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

:(

So sorry to hear that gidget.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So sorry to hear that gidget - I know well what it's like to lose a family pet :( Our little bichon, Taz, had to be put down over 2 years ago but even now, I still miss him sometimes - a wave of sadness will come over me when I think of him....but I also think about all the good times we had when he was part of the family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sorry for your loss Gidget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Sorry for your loss Gidget. Big hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Eh so BT unveiled their Christmas windows today!! :-O

These are out in the UK, so should be out here as well!

DMF4Dr8WkAEVp_O.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Sorry to hear that Gidget take care x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Thanks a mil for the lovely wishes. I would have spoiled him more at Christmas than everyone else around me, so i feel there will be a lot of resistance or hesitations within myself to stop myself from absently picking something up & dropping it into the shopping basket when i'm out & about.

Here's a little pic of him discovering his presents last Christmas morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Take careGidget xx

My office was getting ready for a floor move this week. Lots of cabinets were being cleared out, so lots of Christmas decorations unearthed... delighted!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh gidget, that photo. My heart! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Take care, Gidget, he looks like he was a lovely little thing!

I've just bought a box of Lindt truffles when doing the online shop...as a present to myself ;) Sneaky Tesco snuck in a link to their Christmas shop in my Favourites....like I wasn't going to click it :P

A restaurant in my town has a very Christmasy menu!

22540166_1430760810374402_54870843195475524_n.jpg?oh=e55500cab31c08da2e627783c2943d94&oe=5A7CC97E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sorry to hear that gidget. My folks dog (my dog as a kid) died about 8 years ago, I still expect her to greet me at the door when I visit.

We now have our own mutt, it will be a second christmas with her but as my OH says "its the first one she will be old enough to understand"...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement