Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

22490232_1594704417261601_3278801685080789723_n.jpg?oh=0aa49b9638e6799fd2ed06bdba93247e&oe=5A6D5A6E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I was in my local Heatons earlier today. Not to promising. Bought red and gold wrapping paper that says it all.

I can't wait for Halloween to be over so the shops can put out all the Christmas stock!

Christmas Jumper dresses available at Penney's!

Christmas-jumper-dresses-2.jpg

Christmas-jumper-dresses.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh lads it’s so close to November! I’m so excited!! The crazy season is almost upon us!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I went into Debenhams yesterday and thought I’d walked into a different realm - Christmas trees, decorations, the whole works. ‘Twas lovely 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh lads it’s so close to November! I’m so excited!! The crazy season is almost upon us!!!

Can you believe it, its getting so close :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Love that menu freshpopcorn, I know what I would order

I'm in Galway for a few days this week any Christmas shops open yet?

My pal came by yesterday with a Christmas advent countdown for me so you may aswell say I've my first decoration out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had friends down for the weekend and had allot of christmas talk. Extremely festive amount of food and drink. Had my last drink on Friday and I am still dying, plus I ate allot of rubbish.

Had a look at my Christmas movies as straight after halloween they are getting dusted off. I seem to loose one or two every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just applied for Toyshow tickets! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

leahyl wrote: »
    Just applied for Toyshow tickets! :D

I just came in to post the link!!

https://www.rte.ie/latelatetoyshow/

Applications now open :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I had my first mince pie of the season yesterday...very early but my mam had them for after the Sunday dinner, I couldn't refuse :D

How come I can't see many of the pic's in the Christmas countdown?

Put up lights, which will be all year round, out the back bu they look christmasy. Doing more tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Jude13 wrote: »
    How come I can't see many of the pic's in the Christmas countdown?

Are you checking Boards from your work computer? If so, your IT team has some of the sites blocked. I can only see a handful of the pics while using my work laptop as the IT team here have a lot of sites like Flickr/Facebook/Twitter/Photobucket etc. blocked

Ah ha, yup that's it, very strict here. Whats the best site to use to upload?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Applied for Toy Show tickets and then told my husband that I'd put him down for a party piece. :p

Actually, that's something Glitzgirl could tell us about. Do they get people to get up and do a party piece? I can't remember from your thread last year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooh, exciting toy show talk!

miamee wrote: »
    I just came in to post the link!!

https://www.rte.ie/latelatetoyshow/

Applications now open :)

Thanks for that miamee. I just applied for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Toy Show my favourite Late Late show of the year. Better write that date in my diary or I will book something else for that night. It has happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Oooh exciting :D Can't wait for that night :D

Super excited :D

• Advertisement

Apparently there are over 140,000 applicants for 200 tickets! :eek:

Posy wrote: »
    Apparently there are over 140,000 applicants for 200 tickets! :eek:

So you’re saying there’s a chance...

They’re building the ice rink at Blanch shopping centre. A sure sign Christmas is coming!

Better odds than the lotto! And people win that every week. :D

Of course there’s a chance. Once I have my 2 there’s 198 left :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Once the clocks go back and Halloween is over, It's nearly Christmas :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Once the clocks go back and Halloween is over, It's nearly Christmas :D

One week to go until crazy season kicks off :D

I began tidying up last night for the long weekend/Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Hey Christmas lovers!

Getting into the spirit, bought some lights last week. The first christmas decoration for our first christmas in our house! :pac:

431479.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Love seeing all excitement about Toy Show and that Halloween will be over soon- just means Christmas is closer! :D Hope to find out whether I will get my Christmas leave or not today- fingers crossed ;) I see Penneys are meant to have those Disney baubles in this week so I will be going to work later than usual as I will wait until 9 to check in mornings tomorrow and on Friday :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement