Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Oh thanks Loughc will check it out I think it's gonna become one of my all time favourites just love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love this! John Lewis get it right again!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The M and S christmas ad is a bit odd.

Lidl have christmas decorations on thw 14th - http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-A8208EA8-44FE4F45/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=29

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The M and S hristmas ad is a bit odd.
    I like it! Helena Bonham Carter looks amazing, she's so elegant :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have bought one new decoration for my Christmas Tree. It is a Murano glass angel. I bought it in Venice when on my hols. I like to get something from the places I visit to add to my Christmas Tree for memories :)

I do that too hdowney it's lovely to have memories of travels when you look at the tree though my travels are a lot less now with the arrival of the little people but I don't mind so much as I just love the joy they bring at Christmas with the excitement of Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Speaking of little people....I was chatting with hubby yesterday. I mentioned that this year is the very first year, we have been able to put up a Christmas tree and not have it pulled asunder....beads dragged off it....baubles yanked on. I have to say, I don't miss those days! It's nice to sit and look at the trees now, and they are the same as when I dressed them.

Every other year, I'd be in a mad panic to 'straighten it up' before the door bell would go, cos everyone wants their trees looking nice. so Thank God, those days are gone!

Mashedbanana I dread to think what my 18 month old little boy will do to my lovely trees I may have to put up an electric fence or something he is at the total headless chicken stage running around wrecking my house

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I put a fireguard around mine one year to stop the cat,dog and baby:) no doubt the baby will probably try to eat the tree this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I remember one year my baby sister who was about 18months old at the time falling into the Christmas tree. It was one of those awful trees that shed, she wasn't hurt thank god but her nappy was full of spines and the poor oul Christmas tree resembled more of a branch than a tree afterwards, you could count the number of spines left on it!!

I am thinking of investing in a fireguard this year. I already have one infront of the telly table to stop the dog getting in behind when she is scared and yanking the telly down. Last year I had a traintrack round the bottom of the tree and the dog kept walking over it and breaking it up :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I LOVE this time of year, the forum is a hive of activity today! Keep it coming guys! :D

Today was the last day to apply for Late Late Toy show tickets, best of luck to any that entered! :)

First tree up in Patrick Street :D Passed through this morning on my way to work!!

Meadows and Byrne are having a 20% off event on Sunday with complimentary mulled wine and mince pies all day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Tree is up on Grafton St :D

I had to come here and post how happy it makes me since the people on my team just had a rant about how mad it makes them :pac: What a waste of their energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

christmas cant come soon enough! HURRY UP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone else see that TV3 are doing their own 30 minute Toy Show this year. It's on right before the real thing ;)

Link

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone else see that TV3 are doing their own 30 minute Toy Show this year. It's on right before the real thing ;)

Link

Yea I saw it yesterday it was being billed as battle of the toy shows. One is 30 mins and airs a hour and a half prior to the other.... No battle there!

ooooh 2 toy shows that is super awesome!!!
    Our tv broe but I have a monitor hooked up the the sky box \o/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Digs wrote: »
    I remember one year my baby sister who was about 18months old at the time falling into the Christmas tree. It was one of those awful trees that shed, she wasn't hurt thank god but her nappy was full of spines and the poor oul Christmas tree resembled more of a branch than a tree afterwards, you could count the number of spines left on it!!

One day when I was younger, my brother was teaching me how to play chess at the sitting room table and the Christmas tree randomly fell over and landed on us. I still haven’t learned how to play chess.

• Advertisement

I need those Toy Show tickets :D I wonder how and when they notify people that they won?!

Can't believe TV3 are having their own toyshow :rolleyes: There is only one toyshow in fairness!!!

hdowney wrote: »
    I need those Toy Show tickets :D I wonder how and when they notify people that they won?!

I was wondering that myself but as I can imagine there was a huge response so I'd say only the successful people will get a reply. Still not going to stop me checking my inbox every half a hour haha!
    leahyl wrote: »
    Can't believe TV3 are having their own toyshow :rolleyes: There is only one toyshow in fairness!!!

Don't worry it's only half a hour and will be forgotten about by the time you can say, look at the state of tubridy's jumper!

I am very excited about Christmas today the kids wrote their Santa letters last night a few last minute changes but once the letters are written that's it no more changes I hope as Santas Elf may have already have gotten one item that was half price in Argos ;-).

We are visiting Santas Cottage this year for the first time and cannot wait we got a really good date and we only booked the other day it just looks fab I hope it is worth though as it's expensive £80 stg but I have been told it's a magical experience for the kids and I think the 5 and 4 year old are just at that perfect age I haven't told them yet so can't wait to see their little faces My husband knows rightly who will be the biggest child there !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Are they announcing the winners of toy show tickets today?

Past a house today on the way home , with a christmas tree light and everything on in the window :D feeling so festive now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm so excited for Christmas but whenever I think of how much work I have to do between now and then I get really sad :(

I'm in my final year of studying law and I have two part time jobs, so outside of college and studying, I work a 40hr week. I'm going to be expected to do lots of over time over Christmas. I'll be working St. Stephens day and night, and New Years Eve..I'll have only 2-3 days off over the whole month of December :(

I also have 6 exams, and my last one is on Dec. 22nd :( Its really putting a dampener on things because there's so much I'm looking forward to, but I don't think I'll be able to enjoy any of it properly because I'll either be working or studying. Boo. :(

Emcm wrote: »
    I am very excited about Christmas today the kids wrote their Santa letters last night a few last minute changes but once the letters are written that's it no more changes I hope as Santas Elf may have already have gotten one item that was half price in Argos ;-).

We are visiting Santas Cottage this year for the first time and cannot wait we got a really good date and we only booked the other day it just looks fab I hope it is worth though as it's expensive £80 stg but I have been told it's a magical experience for the kids and I think the 5 and 4 year old are just at that perfect age I haven't told them yet so can't wait to see their little faces My husband knows rightly who will be the biggest child there !!!!

We have been to Santas cottage a few times,it is brilliant.The 1st year there was very heavy snow and it was super magic.
    There is a little coffee shop there too which is lovely for a hot cuppa after walking around.

I apply for toy show tickets every single year and have never won them:(

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I apply for toy show tickets every single year and have never won them:(

Fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

My youngest brother is in 6th class so it's gonna be the first Christmas without a Santa in our house. I'm 20 so I know it shouldn't, but it makes me kinda sad in a way :o

Anyway, I really can't wait for Christmas. My aunts husband always makes killer sherry trifles, holidays til the end of January. Love it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement