Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Any idea when penneys will have their range of christmas clothing available? (jumpers & suchlike)
    Dont normally go for that stuff but the kids have asked that as we're hosting this year that I wear a christmas jumper or shirt etc. & a few of the penneys ones looked reasonable whan I saw them forst advertised as 'coming soon'
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

DvB wrote: »
    Any idea when penneys will have their range of christmas clothing available? (jumpers & suchlike)
    Dont normally go for that stuff but the kids have asked that as we're hosting this year that I wear a christmas jumper or shirt etc. & a few of the penneys ones looked reasonable whan I saw them forst advertised as 'coming soon'

I know their Toy Show collection will be in stores on 7th November so perhaps rest of Christmas clothing should be in then or shortly afterwards.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This day 2 months folks, 2 fecking months. How did that happen??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was in Carraig Donn in Jervis Street in Dublin at lunch time, they have some really beautiful Christmas decorations, I was starting to feel a little bit more Christmassy :D

The Christmas stock is taking over at least half of the shop, the Halloween stuff is shoved on a table at the front of the shop with 50% off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

2 months wow. Time is flying.

The family Kris kindle is taking place tonight

• Advertisement

#excitement :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The wife applied for Toy Show tickets this year, I'm hoping she has more luck than I have over the past few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Applied for tickets. Fingers and toes crossed!!
    Kildare village have their Christmas lights up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Finished work for the long weekend today having a mid week beer, feet up, candles lighting snacking on party food from the oven, Christmas almost here... bliss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Managed to get my hands on the Christmas Monopoly game today...so guess what we will be playing for the long weekend.....

• Advertisement

I jealous of both of ye right now. Mad to think in 2 Days time we’re in the 50’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

It's so exciting! ♪Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring-ting-tingling, too♪♪♪

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Can't wait to hear Christmas music looking forward to blitzing the house with Christmas music blaring
    Heading to Galway tomorrow hopefully I come across a Christmas shop

Sarahlil, your evening sounds amazing!! :D:D:D hope you had a lovely evening.

Outdoorslass, I didn't even realise there is a Christmas edition of Monoploy game, where did you get it? Sounds really awesome!

I was looking forward to the long weekend with crafts but I got wrong type of stuffing so I have to wait for right one to come now- I'm sure I will find something Christmas related to do though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi xDisneyDivax, I saw the Christmas Monoply set mentioned earlier on this thread. Amazon... Not available in Smyths yet, but heard they will have it in stock in next few weeks. It looks amazing.....all the player tokens are Christmas themed. Just reading the
    contents list....6 special tokens,28 Title Deed cards, 16 Santa's Sack Cards, 16 Christmas Crackers cards, 1 pack of Snowflake money, 32 Grottos, 12 Workshops, 2 dice and instructions. And sure, we.l have it for years..... A new tradition... !!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm working all through Christmas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Bought my first Christmas presents on Tuesday, book boxsets for the 2 youngest nephews in TK Maxx. Had them in my basket at www.thebookpeople.co.uk in their flash sale last week but got distracted by the terrors (aka my offspring :D) and forgot to buy them before the sale ended. Delighted TK Maxx had them so I could use my discount plus I didn't have to pay delivery charges! 2 down, must get cracking on the rest of the list!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

22728725_1467313890048773_3631646225101165054_n.jpg?oh=ad4a26287d081a7f472a88f6c05ee616&oe=5A75851E

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Love it. :D I’ve been listening to Deezer in work a lot lately and whenever a Christmas song pops up I check to make sure my headphones are actually working and I’m not blasting it all over the office! Serious paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

kitten_k wrote: »
    22728725_1467313890048773_3631646225101165054_n.jpg?oh=ad4a26287d081a7f472a88f6c05ee616&oe=5A75851E

To be honest I play Christmas music whenever! Ha! As an arty person I can get away with lots of eccentricities! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Gonna hopefully get my first Christmas present tomorrow thanks to a recent purchase. Its for myself to open on the day so I know what it will be. Still will be fun though. Gotta order more stuff over next few weeks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I did my a tidy up last night for the long weekend did a bit extra to make it a little easier for Christmas.
    I pushed the large table with the fish tank on it about 2 cm to tidy around it. All of a sudden I got a terrible smell and noticed some water spilled on the table. I dried it up thinking it must have splashed out then a few minutes later I noticed water dripping off the table. I then knew we had a issue but luckily I had an old fish tank and put him into it and had empty the tank out a little before I was able to lift it.
    With the slightest movement I gave to the whole thing crack right across the base!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ARE UP ON TALBOT STREET DUBLIN. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They are up in the streets surrounding Grafton Street too - Wicklow Street, South William Street, etc. No sign of the chandeliers on Grafton street just yet though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I bought a packet of mini stollen bites in Lidl last night.....I do love them!! And no they're not for Christmas.....I broke into them the minute I got home :D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Booked our Santa visit yesterday. Hope it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I'm back ( finally ) :p
    Feel like I've so many posts to catch up on! Been a crazy 2 weeks here I fractured my thumb which means I'm working at half speed lol have kids rooms all cleared out though and Mr glitz and I attended our fostering training last weekend ! :) really excited about that !

Disney and Sarah I got the christmas monopoly board from amazon and it looks amazing ! I'm not opening it yet though til November so I can't wait to hear how you get on this weekend !

Loved strolling through the shops and seeing all the christmas displays up ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Welcome back Glitzgirl. You have so much (positive) energy. I sometimes get tired just reading your posts.

Happy Bank Holiday Weekend my favourite people!!

It’s the last stop before Christmas!! All aboard the Polar Express, next stop Christmas!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Bank Holiday Weekend my favourite people!!

It’s the last stop before Christmas!! All aboard the Polar Express, next stop Christmas!!

It’s always my weekend to start preparing for Christmas. Drawers and cupboards will be cleared to make room for the Christmas stash - you know the amount of stuff that has to be bought in case of hurricane / famine/ great flood etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement